Night Grand Finals??

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
nudder12
Club Captain

Night Grand Finals??

Post by nudder12 »

So, first ever night GF. What did we think?
Personally, I didn't find any positives to it.
Cons:
- the day drags waiting
- the build-up is "lost" across dinner time and TV broadcasting the News.
- late finish (players still on the ground around 11pm Melb time) - kids miss out, after match discussion, partying etc limited.

Thought bubbles:
Late finish wouldn't be so bad in normal times, because daylight saving (Melb time) wouldn't be in play. But...game might start later because it isn't dark as early in Melb. Maybe a case for a twilight start time?
Half time entertainment obviously improved with lighting etc at night, but due to the short half-time break and time taken to setup a stage etc, it's never going to be a real focus. Would we dare extend the half-time break to allow more entertainment options???
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Night Grand Finals??

Post by grassy1 »

Bring back the Wombles!

1975 WANFL Grand Final Half Time Entertainment?

2 Wombles in the shape of Orinocho and Great Uncle Bulgaria,I Kid you not!

That won’t ever happen now,but I’ll settle for the clever little recyclers from Wimbledon any day,rather than the Crap I don’t bother with.

Or the Little League Grand Final in front of a Full MCG in future.The Grand Final Sprint can take place just after the Little League in a 25 Minute Half Time break.That’s the only reason,I’d change the length of the break.To fit more Football and Sport in.

I mean,why else would you want to go to The Big One?To watch the CRAP that passes for Entertainment,barring one or two exceptions?Shit NO!

To complete the Picture,put the VFL Grand Final on before it about 11.00AM!

That’s about to change that competition though,so let’s put that idea on hold,until we know what exact Competition might take it’s place.An extended version of NEAFL maybe!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

No. To. A. Night. GF.

I don't care what the AFL and the broadcasters think. It sucks.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Just ridiculous to have it at night.

Is the Wimbledon final played at night, is the Tour de France run at night, is the Melbourne Cup run at night, is the FA Cup played at night?

Most major world sporting events are played in the day.

It did muck up the rhythm of the day. I hated it and of course I lol add I hated the result.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 pm Just ridiculous to have it at night.

Is the Wimbledon final played at night, is the Tour de France run at night, is the Melbourne Cup run at night, is the FA Cup played at night?

Most major world sporting events are played in the day.

It did muck up the rhythm of the day. I hated it and of course I lol add I hated the result.
In the main,agree.

Would somebody grab that mob of ********,at AWFULL House and Channel Eagle and Jump down their f****** Throats,telling them we are NOT the USA?! :shock: :evil:

What works with the SuperBowl for example,doesn’t imply we should do the same here.But if they Insist,start with Rotating Venues.Create a Bye between the Preliminary and Grand Final,create a New Orleans Venue,where the players really live it up for a week on our very own Bourbon Street.

And if any darn fool team wants to become the Killjoys like the 1980 Philadelphia Eagles,f*** Them,Ihope to Hell they get thei4 Butt kicked!I’d rather the players become John Matuszek and let it all hang out!Though his reason for doing it was Hilarious!

“I went out to have a Good Time,to make sure Nobody Else had a Good Time!”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now then AWFULL and 7,what were you saying about a Night Grand Final? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Did you hear the latest re: 2nd tier comps to trial new rules around resetting at all throw ins as well as centre bounces?

Gonna be a nightmare to police and time wasting.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Great!

Not content with Ripping good players out of our Competition when they please,those f****** Arseholes at AWFULL want to use us as playthings yet again,with Shit Rule Changes.

Any wonder WAFL(and SANFL)Supporters Hate their Guts with an Absolute Passion?!

😡🤢🤮
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:09 am Great!

Not content with Ripping good players out of our Competition when they please,those f****** Arseholes at AWFULL want to use us as playthings yet again,with Shit Rule Changes.

Any wonder WAFL(and SANFL)Supporters Hate their Guts with an Absolute Passion?!

😡🤢🤮
Any backlash thus far? I’d imagine the howls are loud
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well,that depends on how the Pre-season pans out,Windy.

If the Umps are busy trying to impose the new Rule,then compound everyone’s misery with the resetting shit,don’t worry,the howls of protest will be long and loud.

Having said that,do you think AWFULL will even listen?They’re patting themselves on the back with their On the Mark or 50Metres Bullshit,despite thei bloody negativity about it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: