General AFL Drafting & Recruiting stuff

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

General AFL Drafting & Recruiting stuff

Post by s'dreams »

OK - A thread for commenting on non-Essendon drafting/recruiting stuff

I'll kick off with two questions.

1. WTF is happening with Geelong? Already the oldest list going around they are adding to their age profile by targeting Higgins, Issac Smith and Cameron while pushing out Narkle (and hasn't the AFL wised up yet about every WAG who goes to Geelong getting a plum job in Cotton-On?)?

2. What is the story about Jesse Hogan? Why are Freo trying to push him out?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: General AFL Drafting & Recruiting stuff

Post by grassy1 »

Putting my WAFL Hat on,then Perth,it seems developing kids with potential seem less a priority to AFL Clubs that want short term results 1st,before eventually bottoming out later.

Not sure if the lists are staying the same size as before,which might be one reason youngsters are being sacrificed now.But if they aren’t getting reduced further,what’s the go here?

On the one hand Richmond can possibly justify it,with 3 Flags in 4 years.But I’d still like to know why they couldn’t keep hold of Luke English for the long term,unless they feel they’re doing him a favour,simply not being able to get a look in.

Quinton Narkle has played some League Footy,but finds himself In and Out of the Team.Still learning his Craft at the Elite Level.Now he can’t do that,because he got Cut.

Now they both have to look for a new Club.And their Managers have the Job to ensure their next AFL Club sees a longer future.for their young talent.

If they can’t find an AFL Club,they then look at possibilities in various State Leagues.3 to be precise.

The New NEAFL(AFL Reserves Comp)
WAFL
SANFL

Such players mightn’t necessarily go back to their Home States,nor their Home Clubs.And the Supreme Irony of that is,the Manager will look for somewhere that will give their players the best chance of Instant Success and possibly an Instant return to the Elite Level.

I wince just thinking about my fellow supporters,thinking and hoping we’ll get Quinton and Luke back for a year.

DON’T COUUT ON IT!!!!!

Even if the players say they’d like to play with their old Club,their Managers will have other Ideas.

Particularly IF a Manager has an Axe to Grind with A Club. #-o :evil: :-&
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

As for Mr Hogan,a series of Off-fields Incidents,has pretty much seen him as persona non grata.

Not sure I saw anything about it in the press,but there was word going around that Hogan,not long after a feel good story was released to the press,had a bit of a Big Night at the Doug Medal and was asked to leave,before the Night barely got started.

Sure hope it’s not true.He has enough on his plate as it is.But Fremantle have had enough.I couldn’t believe it when I heard Melbourne was an option for him.Talk about a Revolving Door!

A bit messy that little pickle. :roll:
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Biggest shit show going on at the moment is what is going on between Treloar and Collingwood.

Bloke restructured his deal numerous times so they could bring in the likes of Wells and Beams (didn't those two work out well for them) and now that he is owed the really big money they want to shove him out the door and blame it on the fact they think his game will go to shit because his wife (and their child) are going to Brisbane for 10 months so she can play netball.

Collingwood have f***** themselves too. He doesn't want to leave but if he get jack of them treating him like shit the Pies have no bargaining power, they will get nowhere near his worth in a trade and they will have to pay significant portion of his salary still.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:17 pm Biggest shit show going on at the moment is what is going on between Treloar and Collingwood.

Bloke restructured his deal numerous times so they could bring in the likes of Wells and Beams (didn't those two work out well for them) and now that he is owed the really big money they want to shove him out the door and blame it on the fact they think his game will go to shit because his wife (and their child) are going to Brisbane for 10 months so she can play netball.

Collingwood have f***** themselves too. He doesn't want to leave but if he get jack of them treating him like shit the Pies have no bargaining power, they will get nowhere near his worth in a trade and they will have to pay significant portion of his salary still.
Wow, didn’t realise that situation (Wells & Beams) with Treloar.
Essendunny