Rule changes 2021.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
F111
Essendon Legend

Rule changes 2021.

Post by F111 »

Rule changes for 2021 premiership season

Maximum of 75 player interchanges per match. Rotations will decrease from 90 per match in 2020 to 75 per match in 2021. Each team will continue to be permitted four interchange players.
Player standing the mark. The defending player will be permitted no lateral movement on the mark. If the defending player moves off the mark in any direction prior to “play on” being called, a 50-metre penalty will apply. The defensive team is unable to substitute the player on the mark.
Location of the mark at kick-ins. The mark shall be set at 15 metres from the centre of the kick-off line towards the centre of the ground at kick-ins. This was previously set at 10 metres.
When I were lad that's how we did it. What goes around....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Rule changes 2021.

Post by grassy1 »

Even if the middle one made sense,how many times do you see Umpires Fail to call Play-on quickly enough,as it was before?

Of course,AWFULL and it’s Rules Committee can’t go one year,without fiddling with the Rules.

:roll: :evil:
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Sounds fair.
So long as the umps call play on immediately when the player with the free kick etc moves laterally off the line of the mark.
Should make out on full kick-ins interesting...if the mark is set on the boundary line, we shouldn't be seeing the player taking the free kick being 10m in from the boundary when he does so.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

What was that on the weekend? Distany was mayhem! Throw the rule book out and start again.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 pm Sounds fair.
So long as the umps call play on immediately when the player with the free kick etc moves laterally off the line of the mark.
Should make out on full kick-ins interesting...if the mark is set on the boundary line, we shouldn't be seeing the player taking the free kick being 10m in from the boundary when he does so.
They won’t!They’re too slow with little instinct to quickly react with a “Play On!” call.But they’ll be quick on the whistle and blow for 50Metres because of their own incompetence in such scenarios.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I agree with some of the punters - get rid of the new rule when a player is kicking for goal.

If the aim was to promote better transition up the ground and a more free flowing game, then it has no point when kicking for goal (except another avenue to milk a 50).

At the same time get rid of the"Arc" bullshit for goalkickers and make sure that all players are called to play on if they take one step off the line.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

What about on standing on the mark and standing further back - does that rule still apply?
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

mdso wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:37 pm What about on standing on the mark and standing further back - does that rule still apply?
I was wondering that on the weekend.
What if.....no one actually stands on the mark....but just a few metres away....then can they move all over the place?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

So....
I've watched two and a half games so far this week.
They seemed quite fast moving.
Early days, but seems a big improvement on the last few years of severe congestion and defensive dominance.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:45 pm So....
I've watched two and a half games so far this week.
They seemed quite fast moving.
Early days, but seems a big improvement on the last few years of severe congestion and defensive dominance.
Yeah,but they’ll forget about the basic rules to enforce like Holding The Ball and Push in the Back,just to try and keep up with this one.

So really,it’s just another shit rule change,for the sake of changing the Rules.

For f***’s Sake!Can’t the ******** at AWFULL and the Rules Committee ever leave the game alone?

I’ll vote Liberal at the next Federal Election if the Current Sports Minister gives them the Arse!

(Of course,that’ll mean jackshit anyway,because they have their Arse kicked at the Ballot Box!)

But figuratively speaking,it’ll be worth it just to see their collective Head on a Plate at AWFULL HQ!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

So many Rule changes,.......

Then the basics get forgotten,like a Clear Holding The Ball at the Cattery!

Just waiting for AWFULL’s Self Justified Bullshit!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Get rid of every new rule change after 1995.Then the game will be watchable again!

The AFL media cheer squad applauding the statue on the mark rule don't realise it had totally disadvantaged the side without the ball. This is to the point where it looks completely ridiculous for the player with the ball to be able to scoot away before play on is called and the player on the mark looks like he is breaking 150 years worth of the way the game has been played.
As for the kick out what a fu-cking joke I have frequently seen players run about 30 metres without bouncing the ball before kicking out.

The AFL has sacrificed the integrity of the game for the sake of this obsession with attack. What they needed to do is get rid of needing to nominate ruckman and ball the ball up quickly when in dispute. I.e. dont wait for the scrum to roll in. That never used to happen.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:50 pm Get rid of every new rule change after 1995.Then the game will be watchable again!

The AFL media cheer squad applauding the statue on the mark rule don't realise it had totally disadvantaged the side without the ball. This is to the point where it looks completely ridiculous for the player with the ball to be able to scoot away before play on is called and the player on the mark looks like he is breaking 150 years worth of the way the game has been played.
As for the kick out what a fu-cking joke I have frequently seen players run about 30 metres without bouncing the ball before kicking out.

The AFL has sacrificed the integrity of the game for the sake of this obsession with attack. What they needed to do is get rid of needing to nominate ruckman and ball the ball up quickly when in dispute. I.e. dont wait for the scrum to roll in. That never used to happen.
Add their obsession in trying to impress people who really couldn’t give a Shit about Aussie Rules Footy!

And their Obsession to poke their f****** Nose into State League Footy,when it’s not wanted!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:34 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:50 pm Get rid of every new rule change after 1995.Then the game will be watchable again!

Add their obsession in trying to impress people who really couldn’t give a Shit about Aussie Rules Footy!

And their Obsession to poke their f****** Nose into State League Footy,when it’s not wanted!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I don’t know if I heard correctly, but I think they’re thinking about trialling the old “a free kick shall be kicked” rule again in the second tier competitions.

I remember it being a disaster (I think it was in the ‘90s) where players would actually forget to kick it from a free kick (handball to a player running past) and the umpire having to blow his whistle and ball it up. It really was a nonsense then so I don’t know why they would think it would be a good idea now.

For crying out loud 😫
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hopefully,you heard incorrectly,but I fear you didn’t! #-o :-& :roll: