Who has a natural immunity to the Norf virus?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
F111
Essendon Legend

Who has a natural immunity to the Norf virus?

Post by F111 »

I got a message to get swabbed.

On the way out on Sunday I found it very interesting that the punters were herded down corridors in tight groups because there were limited exits open. All that effort in keeping zones for the punters, then shoving them en masse into in tight spaces when they leave.
:-k :roll: :shock:
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Who has a natural immunity to the Norf virus?

Post by F111 »

Lined up for 4 hours, rain, sunshine, drizzle. People were mostly patient, just the occasional grumpy tosser. The swabbers were quick and efficient, friendly and gentle at the twirl! Great job they're doing.

24 hr wait.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Should they have perspex shielding down the race?

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Got a DHHS message last night that I was a Tier 3 individual - monitor for symptoms, then get tested and isolate until results received. So far, I'm fine.

The affected areas were Level 1, ailes 5 to 28, and Level 3, ailes 6 to 29. Luckily, I was on Level 2.

But the question is... what did his dude do after the game? Did he join the hoards of people leaving the stadium - shoulder to shoulder - as we all crammed our way into Southern Cross station???
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:49 pmBut the question is... what did his dude do after the game? Did he join the hoards of people leaving the stadium - shoulder to shoulder - as we all crammed our way into Southern Cross station???
That's right and the point of the thread really. Even getting out onto the concourse was tight and close as the number of exits seemed limited. I don't think I've ever felt so herded there before.

I wonder if they should be doing staggered exits instead? eg L1 first, level 3 second, level 2 last (they'll still be sipping wine and stuff ;)) ?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The AFL, in conjunction with all AFL venues nationally, have ensured each match has a COVIDSafe Event Plan that is endorsed by the relevant State Department of Health. Each plan has specific measures in place to reduce any potential risk, including the sectioning of grounds to limit patron movement and implementation of both ticketing data capture and QR code scans for efficient contact tracing purposes.

The AFL and Marvel Stadium have prepared for this situation in multiple simulations, with contact information linked to ticketing data and QR codes.
They seem to have sorted the entry and id of the patrons, the ability to contact etc.

Need to work on how to leave the ground a little less sardined
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:55 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:49 pmBut the question is... what did his dude do after the game? Did he join the hoards of people leaving the stadium - shoulder to shoulder - as we all crammed our way into Southern Cross station???
That's right and the point of the thread really. Even getting out onto the concourse was tight and close as the number of exits seemed limited. I don't think I've ever felt so herded there before.

I wonder if they should be doing staggered exits instead? eg L1 first, level 3 second, level 2 last (they'll still be sipping wine and stuff ;)) ?
Haha...chardonay :wink: :lol:

It's crazy after the game. The stadium probably thinks their responsibilities end as soon as the final siren sounds. The problem with staggered exits (although it's a good idea in theory) is that everyone wants to get the hell outta there and catch their respective trains. That is the crux of the problem. Only one option (Southern Cross), and only one entry point (from the concourse). No-one wants to miss their train and wait an additional 20 minutes (or whatever) for the next service.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Any Bars Open at that place a couple of hours after a game?

There’s a good reason not to rush home.On a Friday Night at least!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Plenty of bars. You still need to get out though and the train thing is bang on, especially for families with kids.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:43 am Any Bars Open at that place a couple of hours after a game?

Yes, but what if an infected person decides to hang around the bar?

Ya see, no-one knows who or where an infected person might be lurking.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:17 pm
grassy1 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:43 am Any Bars Open at that place a couple of hours after a game?

Yes, but what if an infected person decides to hang around the bar?

You kick the ****** from here to kingdom come,for being a complete and Utter Selfish TURD!

Don’t these people have any f****** commonsense to keep clear of such places until they are Absolutely Certain,they are not Infectious?Probably not,having most likely begged like Crazy to get home and see their Families(wasn’t it :shock: ).

Should have kept those Repatriation flights Outta the Country,until there were Clear Signs of Major Improvement on the Covid front,not moderate and now despite the vaccinations at least being available to a few here and there,we run the risk of f****** Starting All Over Again!

f*** me Dead!Are our leaders f****** deadset Stupid or What?!?!?!?!?!?!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ya see, no-one knows who or where an infected person might be lurking.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Prepare for extended lockdown... :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:09 pm Prepare for extended lockdown... :shock:
You know this will happen when the AFL tells clubs to steer clear of Vic.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Shit!

Now what?!

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o