Buckley’s Chance

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Buckley’s Chance

Post by BenDoolan »

Goneski.

There endeth the success-less career at the Pies as player & senior coach.

I do like a bit of poetic justice. He’s been delivered it in spades.

At the very first chance of leaving the Brisbane Bears after being drafted there, he left stating “I want to play at a successful club”.

Since he left...

Brisbane morphed into the Brisbane Lions and went on to win 3 successive flags - 2 of them against Buckley in ‘02 & ‘03.

Buckley retired as a player after the narrow Prelim Final loss to the Cats in 2007. Cats went onto winning the flag the following week by 119 points.

Desperately wanted to be senior coach the year Malthouse took them to success in 2010. Probably had a lot to do with their success as an assistant, but assistants don’t get the glory.

10 years of senior coaching yielded a near flag - pipped at the post by one of the greatest finishes in Grand Final history. How lovely that was 8)

Perhaps the Lions might win the flag this year? It would be fitting :lol:

Farewell FIGJAM.

Note: For the record, I acknowledge that he was an exceptional footballer and a very good coach.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Buckley’s Chance

Post by grassy1 »

If he stayed at the Real Port Adelaide,he would have Won a few. :lol:

As for 2018,naaaaahhhh!!!!!

I wanted a Double Forfeit,with 3rd place being declared Automatic Premiers!

Who came 3rd that year,MH? :mrgreen: 8) :lol:
nudder12
Club Captain

Re: Buckley’s Chance

Post by nudder12 »

One of the first things I thought of when I heard he quit today, was.....I wonder where he'll pop up next.
And for some reason, no idea why, I just don't think he will pop up as coach anywhere else.
Maybe an assistant again somewhere?
And no doubt he'll be snapped up by media, but as a head coach at AFL level? Can't see it.
Others thoughts???