Sergio Silvagni

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
F111
Essendon Legend

Sergio Silvagni

Post by F111 »

RIP.

Hate Carlton,
but he was one of those players I didn't mind when I was a kid.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Sergio Silvagni

Post by grassy1 »

Only saw a few bits of old footage of Sergio,but read enough about him to know he was a Champion of the Game.

Rest In Peace

My Sincere Sympathy to all the Silvagni Family and Fellow Carlton Team mates.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

C’mon Guys!

Yeaaaaahh,we All Hate Carlton!That’s a Given!

But each Club has it’s Champions and he was one of them for sure!

Well played Sergio!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I guess it’s easier for someone like me to Salute Champions from other Clubs,because of the Competition I support!

It’s not just my Club I support but the other ones that are a Part of the Fabric of a Competition since 1885 and beyond.

That doesn’t include the Fremantle part of Peel or West Coast Reserves,but that’s for another time.

Thankfully,a Big Part of the WAFL in WEST PERTH,are still an important part of the Competition,after being in desperate straights not so long ago.

They Celebrated the 50th Anniversary of their Famous 1971 Premiership Last Week and I believe had a Smashing Day to go with it,watching their boys knock off their old enemy,just as they did 50 years ago.

A crying Shame,the Master Coach Polly Farmer had taken the great Rucking Leap into Cardinal skies,given he outsmarted Mal Brown’s East Perth,who had beaten them 4 times previously that year,including a Whopping 98 Margin a couple of weeks back in 1971(same Calender as this year,I kid you not).

That record Margin still stands today,but sadly for the Royals,the likes of Polly,Mel Whinnen,Billy Dempsey,Shane Sheridan,Dave Dyson,Peter Steward and 14 others proved too good for them,when it mattered,yet again!

I hate East Perth(Ya,Boo! :lol: ),but the Champions they had we’re good uns including Mal Brown,Derek Chadwick,Ken”Noddy”McAullay,Phil Tierney and many others,that were a Great part of the WAFL Heyday and should never be forgotten!

Ok,point being whatever Clubs you might Hate their Guts for,don’t ever forget the Good Guys and Champions they had playing over their History!

I believe Sergio was One befitting many a Tribute,even from us.Even if he stopped us Winning in ‘68,Darn it! :lol: