Cripps

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Cripps

Post by s'dreams »

A deserved Brownlow winner.

Seems the Lions are a bit pissed off. Someone there is campaigning that Cripps is a dirty player who should have been rubbed out for his bump on Ah Chee... I wonder who would have benefited had that occurred?

Also it should be noted that Zac Merritt polled 17 votes. Mostly after our season was dead.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Cripps

Post by BenDoolan »

In all my life, I have hated and absolutely despised everything that is Carlton. Players, coaches, presidents, and even the Bluebirds.

But Paddy Cripps, I just like the way the guy plays, and I’m rapt that he won the Brownlow.

Check this out… a premonition… :shock: :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DhPZ6mMeaYI

Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:55 pm A deserved Brownlow winner.

Seems the Lions are a bit pissed off. Someone there is campaigning that Cripps is a dirty player who should have been rubbed out for his bump on Ah Chee... I wonder who would have benefited had that occurred?

Also it should be noted that Zac Merritt polled 17 votes. Mostly after our season was dead.
Lions better be careful here.It is too late.

Cripps has Won,the Brownlow is Done!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Should have been ineligible.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,probably MH.

But once the AFL screw such things up as always,then I say,Lucky Guy!Mind you,they probably knew that!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Very dramatic count with some surprise I’m the allocation of votes in a number of games.

I was a bit befuzzled with how a player to obtain votes in a 10 goal loss, but there were a number of these situations. Then you’d find a team who’d win would only have one player in the votes. Or even a close games having one team cluster all the votes.

I dunno, maybe umpires aren’t in the best position to allocate votes for the games.

How they ignore good performers in defence is beyond me. Our win against the Swans you’d have to admit BZT was one of the best on ground. Zero votes.

You could look through every game and you hardly see a defende r poll votes. Yet, footy experts say the game is won in defence.

Grab an apple and dice it!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:58 am Very dramatic count with some surprise I’m the allocation of votes in a number of games.

I was a bit befuzzled with how a player to obtain votes in a 10 goal loss, but there were a number of these situations. Then you’d find a team who’d win would only have one player in the votes. Or even a close games having one team cluster all the votes.

I dunno, maybe umpires aren’t in the best position to allocate votes for the games.

How they ignore good performers in defence is beyond me. Our win against the Swans you’d have to admit BZT was one of the best on ground. Zero votes.

You could look through every game and you hardly see a defende r poll votes. Yet, footy experts say the game is won in defence.

Do those same Footy experts get to Vote in Media Awards by any chance?If so,who gets the Lion’s share of Votes?Midfielders?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:15 am
Windy Hille wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:58 am Very dramatic count with some surprise I’m the allocation of votes in a number of games.

Do those same Footy experts get to Vote in Media Awards by any chance?If so,who gets the Lion’s share of Votes?Midfielders?
Ironic hey Grassy? Even the "experts" pick midfielders...every time.
As for the Brownlow, it's hard to blame the umpires for choosing midfielders...the mids roam the ground, from goalsquare to goalsquare so it's no wonder they're involved in most plays and in the eye of the umpires all game long.
I like the Brownlow as being decided by the umpires, but maybe it is time for a change. No idea how to fix it, but it needs a wider perspective somehow.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:06 am
grassy1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:15 am

Ironic hey Grassy? Even the "experts" pick midfielders...every time.
As for the Brownlow, it's hard to blame the umpires for choosing midfielders...the mids roam the ground, from goalsquare to goalsquare so it's no wonder they're involved in most plays and in the eye of the umpires all game long.
I like the Brownlow as being decided by the umpires, but maybe it is time for a change. No idea how to fix it, but it needs a wider perspective somehow.
Nah,the silly buggers just need better OPSM’s or Spec Savers if the first lot’s sponsorship is a waste of time.