Colts Grand Final Length of Quarter Changed

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Colts Grand Final Length of Quarter Changed

Post by grassy1 »

The WAFL Colts Competition has been running as it has been for some years,at the length of 25 Minute Quarters straight.

It was only longer or shorter with the use of Stretchers,or the very rare occasion of a Quarter being Cut by a Football Commission Official,when a game is running very late,though this was more likely during Reserves games,heading towards a League Game and when the Ressies game is beyond doubt.

Today is WAFL Grand Final Day.The Colts and Reserves Grand Finals have been flipped around yet again for TV Purposes.Must be a Hell of a Strain for Channel 7 to cover all 3,so the Ressies Miss out on Free to Air Coverage.

The Ressies Grand Final went for 4 Quarters by 25 Minutes,same as always this year.The Colts get going.First Quarter,……creeps past 25 Minutes.No Stretchers!Uh fellas,…….Blow The Siren!You Surely Can’t be talking on a day like this?Time keeps going,….Jesus!It’s not the people I know letting this happening,though they would have got the Run Sheet saying 4 20 Minute Quarters plus Time On.

And so it goes on,Quarter by Quarter.1st Thought,the Football Commission were Responsible for this!2nd thought,confirmed by one I know,….Bloody Channel 7 and The Football Commission!

JESUS!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I had a sneaky Suspicion that 7 would manipulate the day with the end of the League Grand Final potentially going past 7’s 6PM News,but this is something else!

Any Wonder I Hate them with a Passion,more than I Hate Carlton,Collingwood,Manchester United,Bayern Munich,Rangers and The WA Football Connission combined?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: Colts Grand Final Length of Quarter Changed

Post by Windy Hille »

Did the time keeper from the Southport game come visiting?

39 minutes or so.

What’s the explanation?

There’s been some oddities this year.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Colts Grand Final Length of Quarter Changed

Post by grassy1 »

Oh Bloidy Channel 7!Someone has made the claim the Teams were told about it before the season started.But when I asked about whether this was included in the Colts Rules of the Competition,to which he said it was,so far that claim hasn’t stacked up yet!

This no doubt put the Timekeepers on the Spot,probably not finding out about the change in Quarters until Midweek,when contacted by the Team Managers or reading the Run Sheet on Thursday provided by the Association’s Board Members,via the WAFL Officials.If it wasn’t,The WA Football Commission Executive and 7WestMedia have some explaining to do!

Even if is in the Rules and I don’t believe for a second it is,it was completely Wrong for such an occurrence to happen!If Colts Quarters are 4 x 20 Minutes plus Time On,All Season,that would be fair enough.But it isn’t and was changed unnecessarily for Television purposes on Grand Final Day.Appalling set of circumstances,to which I intend to raise on the WAFL Radio Station,Sport FM!

WAFL Fans challenging such matters have already got up the nose of a few ex and current media members,who expect us to see things in black and white,or accept spoonshovelled Spin!When challenged on such matters,a Certain chap called Mark Spat it big time elsewhere!

Too bad for him!We Don’t think like AFL Fans and it must be an awful shock to him,to find that out!So Grow up man and accept the fact that some opinions from WAFL Supporters aren’t uniform to the 7WestMedia way of seeing things!But I won’t hold my breath,…… :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: