WAFL

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

WAFL

Post by Windy Hille »

Sounds like a lot of tins rattling in tune with the critics of Subiacos Sasquatches.

There one aspect of this problematic pre-season with West Coast seconds, but one has to ask those who were win.

I guess this can be elaborated on when I’m rested and more lucid.

Go Perth Demons =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: WAFL

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:23 am Sounds like a lot of tins rattling in tune with the critics of Subiacos Sasquatches.

There one aspect of this problematic pre-season with West Coast seconds, but one has to ask those who were win.

I guess this can be elaborated on when I’m rested and more lucid.

Go Perth Demons =D>
The general rattling of tins at the moment are silly back and forths between South and Subi Supporters.

West Coast Reserves’ fate depends on their Injury List.If it gets worse,they won’t win too many.If it’s a Healthy List,they’ll play a lot better than the past couple of years.A Certain Alec Waterman will help them along there.

Us Demons?Uncertain about what direction this season will take,but with a change of Coach and style of play in Peter German,the football will be a lot more direct this year.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Took it up to Subi,but ran out of Gas with the move ball forward at all times strategy.OK if you had a couple of targets forward to kick to,like Subi with Sokol.But Quartermaine got Clocked early in the 2nd Quarter and our genuine talk was in the backline,albeit playing very well in David Johnstone.And no doubt Subi’s Superior strength and conditioning played it’s part.

Hope everyone here is getting used to Subi returning as a Premiership contender.I’ll be staggered if they don’t get to the 2nd Semi Final at least.Their depth was the difference in the Ressies,prevailing after a good start by 8 points.

Where it got exciting was with the Futures and Colts,with the Dees knocking off a 4 years undefeated Lions by 25 points,albeit that competition has been an Average of 7 games a season.Unfortunately I got there too late to see that one,though I did catch them for a half last week for a good Win in the end,against Swan Districts.

The Colts followed pretty good Pre-season form with a 17 point Win over Subi,which was set up by a Blistering 1st Quarter burst of 7.2 to 2.0,with some great footy that had usually non Colts attendees on their feet.A night game fixture meant the usual fixturing was 3 hours back from their usual Time.Some good new talent,helping us break a losing streak of over a year.

My only worry is,how long we miss a few of these kids to State 18’s,PSA and any other stuff the AFL system rips these kids away from State League Footy.A Club like Claremont and Subi could cover that.But not us,unless new personelle at the Club have worked out a way to cover such loss of numbers.

Watch this space.Off to Mandurah next week to play Peel in the Futures,Colts and Ressies.Fremantle Reserves in the League.Tough one for the League boys,unless Freo cop a few injuries and they take a few extra players to Adelaide.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Sounds like they had a decent crack grass.

Do you think they’re any chance for finals action this year? Not sure how Peter German has gone in his coaching career, but hope he can bring some success.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:30 pm Sounds like they had a decent crack grass.

Do you think they’re any chance for finals action this year? Not sure how Peter German has gone in his coaching career, but hope he can bring some success.
Yeah Mate,the boys had a crack.But same old problems.No forward line to kick to.Strength and conditioning might be being worked in,but still below par with the other Clubs.

Germo is good,but he’ll some time with our list.Any overall success before the 3rd year,will be a bonus.

How our Junior System is worked with is another key to future success.Mind you,Junior Sport is in a power of trouble if it insists on slugging kids outrageous amounts just to get on the Park.Who the hell works out these prices,I ask you? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

What on earth went on last weekend? One solitary snag. Was it the conditions or just pure demonstratus (pun intended)?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:39 am What on earth went on last weekend? One solitary snag. Was it the conditions or just pure demonstratus (pun intended)?
On our sole loss amongst 3 other Wins(unless we count the Rogers Cup Girls Result),same problem.

No Functioning Forward Line!Going to be a long season,League Wise.

Plenty otherwise to enjoy,Moreso if you went down South on Friday Night.

We have plenty of talent,but when State 18’s,PSA and a few other distractions kick in,our depth gets sorely tested.A lot of our supporters reckon if we had the riches of Claremont’s Zone,things would look up.

But if we tapped into our Zone better than we have done,we might find there’s a lot more than we have realised before,to reap the dividends.

Someone who posted in WAFL ON recently,that new appointees looking after the Junior System will work the system better than we have done in the past,to enable a much more prosperous future for all concerned.We can but hope,it does!

Getting back to Peel,there won’t be too many of their boys playing League Footy if Fremantle toss it in for the season and Stack their Ressies side,for the reason of the season.

Just about Every AFL MUG who has chimed in this week about what Perth should do,need to Shut the f*** Up and worry about what their own Joke Clubs are doing these days!Aka Le WC and Dorks!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Finally got onto Nifty. He’s pretty glum about things. Really didn’t want to talk much about the Demons. Another lamentable loss he said. Finds it hard to stomach.

Seems like a sad state of affairs to be honest :(
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ahh,not all gloom and doom.

People tend to forget their Clubs have 2 other Teams.

Reserves and Colts.

5 Wins from 6 games combined.If he followed the Colts Team around,he’d see how good they are kicking several Goals in a One Quarter Blitz!Top Stuff! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Amazing result on the weekend I hear. A smashing of the Eagles reserves. Must have been a good feeling!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:48 pm Amazing result on the weekend I hear. A smashing of the Eagles reserves. Must have been a good feeling!
Mildly satisfying,knowing what they had out on the Park.

The good thing was,we are starting to back ourselves in and making mistakes right now don’t matter,if they burrow in and get the ball back.More importantly,we have some targets to kick to!

FINALLY! #-o :mrgreen: :lol:

If the guys are all on the same page and I reckon they are,because they are enjoying their footy again and ultimately the Wins will start flowing our way again in the Long Run.Teams that considered us easy beats before are going to have work their hides off,to get the chocolates in Future,otherwise the Losses to us will start to flow as well.

Our Guys did what they had to do,which was Get the Job Done on Saturday,which has invited some Smug Shits coming in and going the Big Spoil!Bloody Trolls! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

All our 3 Teams have 8 Wins in Total from 13 games.So it’s Worth seeing all the Games,not just the League Team.But get someone to drop your mate off at Lathlain,as the Vic Park Council are being Absolute Right Arseholes with the Parking of late!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:13 am
Windy Hille wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:48 pm Amazing result on the weekend I hear. A smashing of the Eagles reserves. Must have been a good feeling!
Mildly satisfying,knowing what they had out on the Park.

The good thing was,we are starting to back ourselves in and making mistakes right now don’t matter,if they burrow in and get the ball back.More importantly,we have some targets to kick to!

FINALLY! #-o :mrgreen: :lol:

If the guys are all on the same page and I reckon they are,because they are enjoying their footy again and ultimately the Wins will start flowing our way again in the Long Run.Teams that considered us easy beats before are going to have work their hides off,to get the chocolates in Future,otherwise the Losses to us will start to flow as well.

Our Guys did what they had to do,which was Get the Job Done on Saturday,which has invited some Smug Shits coming in and going the Big Spoil!Bloody Trolls! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

All our 3 Teams have 8 Wins in Total from 13 games.So it’s Worth seeing all the Games,not just the League Team.But get someone to drop your mate off at Lathlain,as the Vic Park Council are being Absolute Right Arseholes with the Parking of late!
Any win is a good win even if the win comes from a weakened opposition. I know Nifty was having a few satisfying beverages after the game 🍺
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Has he got a Dartboard to put Basil Zempilas’ mug and Snoz on for Target Practice?! :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:16 am Has he got a Dartboard to put Basil Zempilas’ mug and Snoz on for Target Practice?! :roll:
I think he might. He used to play back in the day. Not sure how good he is these days. Although, hitting the Zempikas snozz would be far easier than hitting a bullseye 🎯 👃🏼
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:02 pm
grassy1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:16 am Has he got a Dartboard to put Basil Zempilas’ mug and Snoz on for Target Practice?! :roll:
I think he might. He used to play back in the day. Not sure how good he is these days. Although, hitting the Zempikas snozz would be far easier than hitting a bullseye 🎯 👃🏼
That’s what I had left in Game 2,Best of 3,1 - 0 up,on a 5 - 5 night.Reckon I would have pegged it too,but my opponent Michael got me,then got me again.DARN! :mrgreen: #-o :lol:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:06 pm
That’s what I had left in Game 2,Best of 3,1 - 0 up,on a 5 - 5 night.Reckon I would have pegged it too,but my opponent Michael got me,then got me again.DARN! :mrgreen: #-o :lol:
Hahaha… wowza! :lol:

You should have tried to put him off by telling him a story…

“Walked into the local pub, saw it was darts night, so I did a 180 and left”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:36 pm
grassy1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:06 pm
Hahaha… wowza! :lol:

You should have tried to put him off by telling him a story…

“Walked into the local pub, saw it was darts night, so I did a 180 and left”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Might work,but it seems to be all go in Bowling/Sporting Clubs our way.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Dees snatch thrilling Win over South at The Port to confirm steady improvement is on track!

vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:29 am Dees snatch thrilling Win over South at The Port to confirm steady improvement is on track!

vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje
This is fantastic news!

All is well in swampland it appears 8) =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well,we play at Swampland(Leederville near Lake Monger)twice in 4 weeks soon.

Unfortunately,we put in an absolute shocker against Claremont in the League straight afterwards.

Not sure missing Hunt’s was the ultimate difference,but the boys did themselves NO Favours with that Poor Effort.

Ressies couldn’t take a trick in the Final Quarter losing by just over a Goal,whilst the Colts Won the Top of the Ladder Clash by a Flattering 8 points over Claremont,to go 7 - 0.

They had an 8 Goal lead 5 minutes into The Final Quarter,but took the foot right off the Pedal and came Home with the undoubted 4 Points.

It was an annoying way to finish after playing 3 Great Quarters.I’m sure Coach Scott Moore had a bit of a chat about it afterwards.