The Premiership’s a Cake Walk

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

The Premiership’s a Cake Walk

Post by BenDoolan »

For good ol’ COLLINGWOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Imagine if our club built a culture, a system, and a belief to achieve what this mob did.

Play on a day of almost 30 degrees, lose a key defender in the first quarter, and beat a team who lives and breathes this temperature.

Do you think anyone in our lazy club would sit and wonder what it takes to win a flag?

Maybe one day they’ll have enough fitness and energy to go beyond Round 15…
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: The Premiership’s a Cake Walk

Post by tonysoprano »

We’re not even close.

Close game, 2nd quarter outstanding. 2nd half pretty average. Only closeness made it interesting.

Joe played a great game, was hoping he’d get a winners medal.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:58 pm For good ol’ COLLINGWOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Imagine if our club built a culture, a system, and a belief to achieve what this mob did.

Play on a day of almost 30 degrees, lose a key defender in the first quarter, and beat a team who lives and breathes this temperature.

Do you think anyone in our lazy club would sit and wonder what it takes to win a flag?

Maybe one day they’ll have enough fitness and energy to go beyond Round 15…
Pretty much unthinkable singing such verse.but I can’t blame yer.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

tonysoprano wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:27 am We’re not even close.

Close game, 2nd quarter outstanding. 2nd half pretty average. Only closeness made it interesting.

Joe played a great game, was hoping he’d get a winners medal.

Watching Bobby and Dev as kids playing Colts Footy,I just sat back and wished them both the best.

As it turned out,an old Demon Won The Norm Smith Medal.

Thrilled to bits for him,but commiserations Deven.Better luck next year,Champ!

Then there’s Will(Frampton).Not a great day for him,but having met him years ago,after seeing his old man Pete for the first time since the 90’s,I’m most pleased for the Framptons as well.Frammo Senior hopefully still touches base with our Mutual Pal,John.

Will is the Grandson of East Fremantle and Perth Great,Brian Lawrence.Brian was President of Perth Football Club for 6 years,from 1999 - 2004.We sadly lost him,soon afterwards when a trip to Egypt was cut short by a Heart Attack.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Amazing the hold the AFL has over the media!!!

A game changing decision to not call back an obvious non advantage to the Lions has barely been spoken about in the media and yet I class it as one of the most significent stuff ups in a GF.

This could well have ended up as a GF wininng goal.

Where is the discussion???
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

rockhole wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:10 pm Amazing the hold the AFL has over the media!!!

A game changing decision to not call back an obvious non advantage to the Lions has barely been spoken about in the media and yet I class it as one of the most significent stuff ups in a GF.

This could well have ended up as a GF wininng goal.

Where is the discussion???

They got contradicted by commentators on their own Host Network.Plenty of discussion around that.Even if Brissie were silly enough to play on.Surely that Whistle was loud enough for them to Stop and find out,if they had a free kick?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

It wasn't just the non-advantage non-call.

The umps were pretty shit yesterday. Far too many non-decisions.

Time to retire the 4 umpires.

Is Naicos the new Duckwood? I thought leading with your head into a tackle was no free. 3 of Naicos's frees were lead by the head.

That said, the Lions far had too many non performers. Hipwood in particular was shit... but he wasn't alone.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:00 pm It wasn't just the non-advantage non-call.

The umps were pretty shit yesterday. Far too many non-decisions.

Time to retire the 4 umpires.

Is Naicos the new Duckwood? I thought leading with your head into a tackle was no free. 3 of Naicos's frees were lead by the head.

That said, the Lions far had too many non performers. Hipwood in particular was shit... but he wasn't alone.
Rayner was the reason for 3 Collingwood goals in the first half. All blunders at crucial times. In fact, some of them may have cost the Lions a goal themselves - the classic 2 goal turnaround
Essendunny