Angus Brayshaw

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Angus Brayshaw

Post by s'dreams »

Has been medically retired immediately after physical changes to his brain were discovered after the "concussion" in the finals last year.

I still think it was an "unrealistic attempt" to spoil by Maynard.

Given he had 5 years left to run on his $800K a year contract, I anticipate some form of legal action to come up - probably against the AFL.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Angus Brayshaw

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:41 am Has been medically retired immediately after physical changes to his brain were discovered after the "concussion" in the finals last year.

I still think it was an "unrealistic attempt" to spoil by Maynard.

Not Guilty,by the AFL's Rules.Otherwise,they would had appealed like Hell.Pulled out,knowing Full Well they couldn't ping Maynard!Unfortunate for Brayshaw,but that's how it was!

Given he had 5 years left to run on his $800K a year contract, I anticipate some form of legal action to come up - probably against the AFL.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ridiculous that Maynard was even cited. FMD.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:17 pm Ridiculous that Maynard was even cited. FMD.
Unlike the AFL to be so,but they are shitting bricks about the head high stuff,plus concussion frequency!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:33 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:17 pm Ridiculous that Maynard was even cited. FMD.
Unlike the AFL to be so,but they are shitting bricks about the head high stuff,plus concussion frequency!
Ah well… what are they gonna do when a high flyer sticks his knee into the back of the head of his opponent?

You can’t eliminate every single contact to the head. It’s a nonsense.

What if a teammate accidentally hits a player in the head (and it has happened)?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Commonsense ain’t very common these days,but I think they’ll worry less about those 2 Scenarios,compared to others,methinks!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:37 pm
grassy1 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:33 pm
Ah well… what are they gonna do when a high flyer sticks his knee into the back of the head of his opponent?

You can’t eliminate every single contact to the head. It’s a nonsense.

What if a teammate accidentally hits a player in the head (and it has happened)?
I reckon the knee in a marking attempt will go the way of the Toby Greene "studs up" rule