2024 WAFL Season

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

2024 WAFL Season

Post by grassy1 »

Starting slowly,as this weary person is doing a slow burn after a long Easter Saturday.

The Mighty Demons started 2024 honouring the memory of Dakota Baldwin-Wright who we lost in a tragic accident in Prague on Christmas Eve,last year.

A first up Win over Subiaco in All 3 Grades(or 3 out 4 counting Futures),created a Wave of Emotion after Victory in the League Game by 14 points.The Passion and Emotion of the Players was equally matched by the Supporters,who stick fat with the Club no matter what over the past 4 decades.

But the Tackling on Subi was immense,which threw them off balance and made such a Win possible.Have to keep that up all throughout the Season,to enable the Wins to mount.Plus increase forward line production which might happen,if Harry(Quartermaine)switches on from the get go,after a week's holiday,no thanks to a Claremont Sook.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: 2024 WAFL Season

Post by Windy Hille »

It’s been a while, but I got to speak to Nifty over the weekend. Wasn’t really enthused about the ol’ red legs, saying it’s much of a muchness in mane respects.

I get the sense that his passion has waned quite a bit. The only talking point was about Quartermaine (???) being a strife making lottery ticket. A strange description, without much context :?

I didn’t bother asking much about it or how the team was travelling in general.

I thought I’d check here, and realised you haven’t really posted much in this space either which suggests the team is struggling somewhat and there has been a bit of strife…
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2024 WAFL Season

Post by grassy1 »

Harry got a week for teling his opponent who was slow to get off,"Get off me ya F**!"

Not great,but only worth a week at worst.Umpire blew it off,but Davis of Claremont made an issue of it,so Harry copped the holiday.

We have the same,Pool Table surface as our bloody curating neighbors and it's still causing bother to our boys,only worse!

Our 3 Big Recruits in Sam Simpson,Aiden Clarke and Charlie Constable!

But the rest of the boys need to step up,whilst Peter German needs to construct a Proper Forward Line to kick to!