AFL Tribunal etc 2024

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

AFL Tribunal etc 2024

Post by s'dreams »

The AFL seems to have lost the plot.

Pendelbery - striking off the ball gets a fine
Cripps striking off the ball gets a fine
McInerney tripping gets a fine

But
Baker arriving second to contest a mark which bumps the head with no injury - gets a week for rough conduct
Windhager gets a week for his bump (which looked accidental) on Durham

Rut Ross gets off for his tackle on Durham that both knocked his shoulder and left him concussed (Ross was done for dangerous tackles last year).

The AFL "system" is a mess
Last edited by s'dreams on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: AFL tribuneral etc 2024

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:00 pm The AFL seems to have lost the plot.

But
Baker arriving second to contest a mark which bumps the head with no injury - gets a week for rough conduct

Rut Ross gets off for his tackle on Durham that both knocked his shoulder and left him concussed (Ross was done for dangerous tackles last year).

We do an AFL Club watch with our Tribunal.The more AFL players get off,the more suspicious WAFL supporters get.But if a Sport FM Critic is on to All Cases each week,the suspicion lowers.Except for East Fremantle supporters who have flipped their lid over him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:00 pm The AFL seems to have lost the plot.

But

Which begs the question why anyone would plead guilty in this system.

What do ya reckon EFC?
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

That’s it, f*** this comp.

Peter Wright 4 weeks for an accidental knock during a marking contest. EFC - the fuckwittery factory, tells him to plead guilty :roll:

Zak Butters bumps an opponent to the head. MRO - nothing to see hear… all clear.

Corrrrrrrruuuuuuuuupppppppppt

https://www.theroar.com.au/afl/video/co ... g-1344812/

https://x.com/samuelpower68/status/1779 ... sEkuVY0sTg
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Contact Head high,be it an accident or not!

Intent was for the ball.

In my book,he gets off.But if AWFULL are that Sanctimonious on protecting the head,he's a goner!

Reprimand or 1 week!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 pm Contact Head high,be it an accident or not!

Intent was for the ball.

In my book,he gets off.But if AWFULL are that Sanctimonious on protecting the head,he's a goner!

Reprimand or 1 week!
Nope, nothing to see here… according to MRO.

This f****** crap is a joke. We have set the example for NO-ONE to follow. Our stupid f****** club just rolled over and begged the AFL to suspend Peter Wright - who in everyone’s eyes did nothing f****** wrong.

Just because Butters is one of those mofo ‘Brownlow favourites’, he gets a ‘get out of jail free’ card.

I hate this f****** comp.

Hope it dies.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:15 am
grassy1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 pm Contact Head high,be it an accident or not!

Intent was for the ball.

Reprimand or 1 week!
Nope, nothing to see here… according to MRO.

This f****** crap is a joke. We have set the example for NO-ONE to follow. Our stupid f****** club just rolled over and begged the AFL to suspend Peter Wright - who in everyone’s eyes did nothing f****** wrong.

Just because Butters is one of those mofo ‘Brownlow favourites’, he gets a ‘get out of jail free’ card.

I hate this f****** comp.

Hope it dies.
It will unless the AFL stops these time wasting goal reviews ... some of which take 90 seconds.

people are getting right pissed.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jesus - Just saw Cameron's sling tackle of Lever...

That would have got 3 weeks last year.

Has been getting 1 week this year (if the person tackled got up and played on)

Yet Charlie got a "discretionary" reduction... despite being slung and Lever's head hitting the turf first.

This discretion was based on the fact that Cameron has a clean record from 200 games (despite being cited by the MRO and fined by the AFL 5 times... 3 times for rough conduct) AND he had done good work in indigenous communities (not bullshitting ... this was actually put forward as a defense and was accepted by the Tribunal).

You either enforce the rule or you throw it out. Not make it a mockery based on who you are.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:41 am Jesus - Just saw Cameron's sling tackle of Lever...

Yet Charlie got a "discretionary" reduction... despite being slung and Lever's head hitting the turf first.

This discretion was based on the fact that Cameron has a clean record from 200 games (despite being cited by the MRO and fined by the AFL 5 times... 3 times for rough conduct) AND he had done good work in indigenous communities (not bullshitting ... this was actually put forward as a defense and was accepted by the Tribunal).

You either enforce the rule or you throw it out. Not make it a mockery based on who you are.
Yes,now I know what a discussion on character reference at Tribunal Hearings ad nauseum last night,was driving at.

Good for Charlie that he does all that work,but it's relevant to a Court of Law,not a Football Tribunal or MRP for gawd's sake!

What's next?So and So leads a quiet life,but he did help his Grandma across the road last week!Very noble,but not Relevant here! :roll:

As for Charlie's Sling Tackle,1 week.Dangerous,but lucky for him,Lever's head contact with the ground wasn't as bad as it could have been.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

He's Free to Play! #-o :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:41 am Jesus - Just saw Cameron's sling tackle of Lever...

You could throw a hundred examples of similar tackles that have ended up as suspensions. They just invent complete BULLSHIT to get certain players off.

Zach Merrett last year (very similar to Cameron’s) copped a week and missed ANZAC Day. I guess Merrett is of “poor character”?

Again, f*** this comp. It is so full of shit that I hate its guts.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:46 pm

You could throw a hundred examples of similar tackles that have ended up as suspensions. They just invent complete BULLSHIT to get certain players off.

Zach Merrett last year (very similar to Cameron’s) copped a week and missed ANZAC Day. I guess Merrett is of “poor character”?

Again, f*** this comp. It is so full of shit that I hate its guts.
Football Bureaucrats Mate.Sports Administrations,they ruin it,testyour patience,exasperate fans.Then they still have the hide to think and believe they're Always Right!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Toby Greene gets a week for actually contesting the ball?

That is f*****.

I don't like Toby much, but he had every right to protect himself while attempting to mark, so did Jordan Boyd ... but he didn't.

Are we getting to the point where a lesser skilled player who has poor technique is protected over players who know what they are doing?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:03 am Toby Greene gets a week for actually contesting the ball?

That is f*****.

I don't like Toby much, but he had every right to protect himself while attempting to mark, so did Jordan Boyd ... but he didn't.

Are we getting to the point where a lesser skilled player who has poor technique is protected over players who know what they are doing?
It’s a f****** joke. The game will die if they continue with this fuckwittery.

Adam Kingsley was spot on when he asked… “is he allowed to contest the ball?”… and “can he launch for the mark?”

That’s exactly what he did - with eyes on the ball.

Seriously, get f***** AFL. The problem you have now, is that you started this rot with Peter Wright, now you must follow through in the same stupid vein.

If you continue to rub out the big named players… for just PLAYING THE GAME, then you will lose the public. I’m edging closer to that day.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain how Zak Butters got off last week? It was a harder hit to the head than Greene.

Butters got the “good bloke” discount? Or the “Brownlow contender” concession?

f****** junkyard system.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The AFL invokes the “Turnstile” rule when assessing penalties. Above all else is the consideration “Is it going to affect the gate??? In fact, this consideration is at the heart of every decision the AFL makes.

The Tribunal has been a joke for decades with the iron claw of the AFL influencing every decision which involves high profile players in particular. I also believe the AFL has a major influence on umpiring trends which can change from week to week. Everything this body does is designed to protect the brand. (ie Dollars)
Answerable to no one, they run roughshod over everything that could be considered to be fair and reasonable.
Like Benny, I am totally fed up with the way the game is heading.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

rockhole wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:44 am The AFL invokes the “Turnstile” rule when assessing penalties. Above all else is the consideration “Is it going to affect the gate??? In fact, this consideration is at the heart of every decision the AFL makes.

The Tribunal has been a joke for decades with the iron claw of the AFL influencing every decision which involves high profile players in particular. I also believe the AFL has a major influence on umpiring trends which can change from week to week. Everything this body does is designed to protect the brand. (ie Dollars)
Answerable to no one, they run roughshod over everything that could be considered to be fair and reasonable.
Like Benny, I am totally fed up with the way the game is heading.
You'd think Vince McMahon was running or ruining the show!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Toby Greene's 1 match ban has been upheld.

Yet Hogan got off for his 2 blows to the head (with open hand) because he didn't hit hard enough.

I remember when you would get 1-2 weeks for "attempting to strike".

So Hogan's intentional attack got off, while Greene's unintentional act in the course of play (and the "victim" got a free and played out the game).

The game is officially f*****
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am Toby Greene's 1 match ban has been upheld.

Yet Hogan got off for his 2 blows to the head (with open hand) because he didn't hit hard enough.

So Hogan's intentional attack got off, while Greene's unintentional act in the course of play (and the "victim" got a free and played out the game).

I'm in 2 minds about Greene (and Peter Wright for that matter).
I see why they were suspended, but also wonder if they really had any other option.
And, side-note, I think the MRO/Tribunal has been fairly consistent with those cases.

As for Hogan (and Redman for those that want to make comparisons)...
Striking, no matter the force, should receive a minimum 1 week suspension every single time.
And the MRO/Tribunal has been pathetically inconsistent about those.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 am
s'dreams wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am Toby Greene's 1 match ban has been upheld.

I see why they were suspended, but also wonder if they really had any other option.
And, side-note, I think the MRO/Tribunal has been fairly consistent with those cases.

Striking, no matter the force, should receive a minimum 1 week suspension every single time.
And don’t forget how they let Butters get away with a hip to the head. He clearly had other options, and a better way to attack that contest.

They are a farce.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 am
nudder12 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 am

And don’t forget how they let Butters get away with a hip to the head. He clearly had other options, and a better way to attack that contest.

They are a farce.
Soccer it!Next thing you know,AWFULL will get their knickers in a twist over that(kicking in danger),or just invent a shitstorm where there isn't one,to divert attention back to them!Any Major Tournaments or Events on this year?

Ahhhh Yes!The Olympics!

Standby for Major Distractions from the Attention deprived AWFULL lot! :roll: