Fremantle and Kepler

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Fremantle and Kepler

Post by jjono »

Reported in the West Australian this morning that Freo are keen on Kepler and are chucking Ryan Murphy's name about as trade bait. If this was to be a straight swap I would say shit yes!!!! Murphy is listed as 192cm and 95kg, and is very good in the air and not bad when it's on the deck. He has only played 4 or 5 games this year due to the arrival of Tarrant, and apparently has got a mild case of the irrits with his lack of opportunity. He was drafted in the same year as Kep, albeit 6 places after him, but I reckon this is a win/win for both clubs.

Thoughts?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Go for it!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

From Kep's form this year i would say a yes to this trade... im just a little worried that if Kepler does change clubs he will come good and start showing why he was a top ten draft pick...we would look a little silly then. Im not sure that freo need a tall like kep though with players like Mundy, Thornton and Johnson in the side.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bottom line is he plays crap footy for Essendon and no poing him staying here even if he does go away and play good footy for another team.. good on him if he does

lets go for that trade!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yes. Murphy's best asset is that he is an extremely accurate shot on goal - when he got going last year, he kicked 22.8. That rate of accuracy is right up there with the best of them.

He's kind of an "in-between" forward, though. Not big enough to be a key forward, and not really small enough to be a true pocket or flank player.

But yeah, if he were offered as a straight swap for Kepler that'd be a no-brainer for mine. Kepler gets to go back to WA and, i think, would be suited to the vast expanses of Subiaco because he has a pretty big tank, Murphy comes back home to Victoria.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

They want to groom him as a back up ruckman Mrs M. Clearly they don't think any of those 3 you named are suitable candidates.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

jjono wrote:They want to groom him as a back up ruckman Mrs M. Clearly they don't think any of those 3 you named are suitable candidates.
Really? Sandilands is a quality ruck, and that young Warnock guy has looked pretty good to me for a 20 year old. Keps would be 3rd ruck at best.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Do the trade.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:Do the trade.
I would to - but the only good thing is that it gets Kepler off the list.

I'm not convinved that Murphy would add anything at all to our side.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Fine by me :D
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Do it, just do it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

jjono wrote:They want to groom him as a back up ruckman Mrs M. Clearly they don't think any of those 3 you named are suitable candidates.
i don't see Bradley as a ruckman though otherwise surely he would have been played more in that position for us... :?:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Kepler showed today that if he is played in the right position, he can be a useful player.

He has deserved more games this year based on his VFL form and when he finally and belatedly got the call up, he played well.

I'm happy to keep him.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I am happy that he has saved his one decent game of his career in Perth in front of Perth journos so that they talk him up to hopefully get more than he is worth out of the Dockers
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Trade time.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

1st round draft pick would be nice :D
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

yeah make the trade.. probably the move keps would want. Id take Murphy for him
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i went over to big footy on the back of reading this thread to see what the freo fans thought......

they would only trade him for walker, pffft.

One fan was a bit scared
Can you base an opinion purely on their first name? If so I have decided that I DON'T LIKE OR TRUST HIM!!!!......c'mon what kind of a name is Kepler anyway....it makes me think of his parents as some kind of hippie beatnicks with finger snapping claps wearing hemp made chaps drinking soy bean caps.....seriously this kid must have been teased at school something chronic.

Therefore I ask Fremantle to go for a guy with a good name....Like Max Power.....seriously you can't go wrong with a guy with that name.....He's MAX freaking Power man!!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They will have pick 5, trade for that. This is freo we are talking about here, they traded a 1st round pick for Tarrant.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Liked Bradley's game and it show that he does like it up the ground and forward.

Be hestitant to let him go.