Scott Selwood

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Scott Selwood

Post by andrewb »

I think we've lost the previous posts about the last of the Selwoods but he certainly hasn't done himself any disservice at draft camp:

7th in the Agility - ahead of all the prime mids - Cotchin, Morton, Palmer, Masten.
7th in the Beep Test - behind Morton (1st) and Palmer (5th)
6th in the Time Trial - behind Morton and Palmer (2nd and 3rd)

He's a Selwood, so he's probably going to be a 150+ gamer based on his brothers' efforts and he might be bait if one of the others (Troy or Adam) decides to come back to town.

Morton will be gone in the top three and Footscray / Melbourne will likely go for the big fellas. Our sixth pick is probably going to be between Palmer and Selwood. We've all seen Palmer's highlights... who would you prefer at Essendon?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

On those figures, I would take palmer.

A few people have rated him highly.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I wouoldn't choose Selwood based on the success of his brother. Based on what I've seen and read, I would take Palmer before Selwood.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Palmer should be a ruckman.
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: Scott Selwood

Post by tom9779 »

andrewb wrote:I think we've lost the previous posts about the last of the Selwoods but he certainly hasn't done himself any disservice at draft camp:

7th in the Agility - ahead of all the prime mids - Cotchin, Morton, Palmer, Masten.

He's a Selwood, so he's probably going to be a 150+ gamer based on his brothers' efforts and he might be bait if one of the others (Troy or Adam) decides to come back to town.

Morton will be gone in the top three and Footscray / Melbourne will likely go for the big fellas. Our sixth pick is probably going to be between Palmer and Selwood. We've all seen Palmer's highlights... who would you prefer at Essendon?
if its line ball between the two of them, I would like to see the dons take the victorian.(is Palmer from fremantle or somewhere?)

altho getting Scott could work against us too. whose to say he wants to trade to either geelong/brisbane or westcoast to play with a brother.

particularly as all 3 of those clubs have very bright prospects of success.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tom9779 wrote:
andrewb wrote:I think we've lost the previous posts about the last of the Selwoods but he certainly hasn't done himself any disservice at draft camp:

if its line ball between the two of them, I would like to see the dons take the victorian.(is Palmer from fremantle or somewhere?)

altho getting Scott could work against us too. whose to say he wants to trade to either geelong/brisbane or westcoast to play with a brother.

If anything, they will get a trade to come to Melbourne and play. As long as they are in the same state then I wouldnt worry about other clubs poaching him.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Rossoneri wrote:
tom9779 wrote:

If anything, they will get a trade to come to Melbourne and play. As long as they are in the same state then I wouldnt worry about other clubs poaching him.
in the paper its been reported the roos are chasing troy selwood from brisbane.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Selwood's problem isnt his fitness it's his foot skills. That's the thing that will stop him from being top 10.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

rama_fan wrote:Selwood's problem isnt his fitness it's his foot skills. That's the thing that will stop him from being top 10.
If thats the case then pass on him.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

We can't afford to be drafting players that don't have skills. We have enough of those already.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant