Jude Bolton

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Jude Bolton

Post by Essendon4eva »

Just heard on SEN that it was reported Sydney has put Jude Bolton on the trade table.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

In and under player, decent enough skills.
How old is he?
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Bolts! :)

Think about it...
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

27, going on 28.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Too old.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Oh great, another Bolton.

:lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Gee... if he wasn't that old I'd snap him up in a heart beat. Best player on the Sydney list , IMO.

If we thought we could seriously challenge for a flag in the next 3 - 4 years then I'd pick him up as an experienced player, but if we don't think we will be in that position then there's no point. He'd be another recycled band-aid.

Personally, if we continue to develop like we have in the last 12 months over the next 24 - 36 months (and I think we can) then we're a red hot chance at a flag in 3 years, but there are a lot of variables. (Thanks for stating the obvious, BR!!)
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote:Gee... if he wasn't that old I'd snap him up in a heart beat. Best player on the Sydney list , IMO.

If we thought we could seriously challenge for a flag in the next 3 - 4 years then I'd pick him up as an experienced player, but if we don't think we will be in that position then there's no point. He'd be another recycled band-aid.

Personally, if we continue to develop like we have in the last 12 months over the next 24 - 36 months (and I think we can) then we're a red hot chance at a flag in 3 years, but there are a lot of variables. (Thanks for stating the obvious, BR!!)
He used to go alright, but his last couple of years have been ordinary. From what I have seen, he is a completely shithouse shot for goal a la Joel Reynolds. This is from the Swans forum;

Gets a lot of junk possessions and when he takes a mark is one of these blokes who stands there for an eternity, cant kick for nuts and doesn't have the nous to run off. He can't buy a centre clearance and is an appalling kick for goal. Everything about his game has dropped off big time. Maybe Melbourne clubs think a refreshed Bolton would be a good one.

Also is easily tagged out of a game and really the opposition doesn't need a run with player to mind him because he is so slow.

http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/show ... 669&page=4

No club will dump or trade a player who is in career best form. If the Swans believe he no longer provides them valuable service in their quest to climb the ladder again, why would we think he'd provide any value to us? 27 year old declining half back flanker cum midfielder who struggles? No thanks. He'd just spend time at Bendigo.
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:
No club will dump or trade a player who is in career best form. If the Swans believe he no longer provides them valuable service in their quest to climb the ladder again, why would we think he'd provide any value to us? 27 year old declining half back flanker cum midfielder who struggles? No thanks. He'd just spend time at Bendigo.
Of course not. Why would you trade your best cattle (in form that is) if you think you can challenge? I still have a high opinion of him, but as I said in my original post, I'm sure he'd benefit from being at our club, and vice versa, simply due to our position at the moment and our squad development.

I have to admit to not seeing as much of Sydney this year as I have in previous seasons so I can't really say too much about his performance this year, but in years gone by I have very much liked what I have seen.

Having read that post, BD, and considering his field position, I can't see that he'd provide much to our list other than experience... and we've seen how that one goes. If he were 24 or 25, I'd still seriously consider picking him up. At 27/28 I think he'd have to drop off our radar.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think the Swans see it this way. They recognise Bolton and a few other players are about to start there decline. SO if they can get something realy good in return now, why not go for it.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Essendon4eva wrote:I think the Swans see it this way. They recognise Bolton and a few other players are about to start there decline. SO if they can get something realy good in return now, why not go for it.
And the state the bleeding obvious award for 2007 goes to....