brennan - i don't know what to think.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

brennan - i don't know what to think.

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's gonna be the whole Cupido experience all over again. Frustrating as hell. He may win a game off his own boot, but then he'll go missing for a couple of months. Andrew Lovett currently has "motivational" issues and plays an occasional brilliant game when he's "in the mood". Do we need another?

If we're going to get him, put him on a minimum salary with performance based incentives. Otherwise, ignore him.
Essendunny
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

1-let us home nomolos doesnt hear about it :!:

2-faith in the club i suppose.

While Brennan looks good on paper (pick 3? mobile tall), he hasnt done much to live up to the title.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

could be good but doesn't bother me at all if he doesn't make his way to the bombers..... be nice to piss Brisbane off once again :lol:
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Durable and talented. He will only get better with age - has seemed a bit skittish at times. I daresay that he wouldn't necessarily have responded too well to Leigh's style of coaching.

I don't think we'll see the best of Brennan until he's 27-30.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Will need to trade for him because the new local recycling centre (Western Bulldogs) are also after him too so I'd doubt that he'd be around in the PSD by our pick at no 5.

Bloody Bulldogs they're going after anyone in a pair of footy shorts at the moment.

Afl.com's round up suggests that BL are one of the clubs interested in Kepler, so maybe we can involve him in a trade and keep our number 23 pick.

There's apparently still interest in Dyson and MJ looks gone so there's a few options.

As far as Brennan goes, apparantly he's got a good relationship with GO'D and if Knights can help with his inconsistency I think he'll be a nice fit.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

bombercol wrote:Will need to trade for him because the new local recycling centre (Western Bulldogs) are also after him too so I'd doubt that he'd be around in the PSD by our pick at no 5.

Bloody Bulldogs they're going after anyone in a pair of footy shorts at the moment.

Afl.com's round up suggests that BL are one of the clubs interested in Kepler, so maybe we can involve him in a trade and keep our number 23 pick.

There's apparently still interest in Dyson and MJ looks gone so there's a few options.

As far as Brennan goes, apparantly he's got a good relationship with GO'D and if Knights can help with his inconsistency I think he'll be a nice fit.
@900K over 3 years?

geeeezus. i guess i am trusting G'OD here, but who is he trying to screw, the lions or us?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

As long as we give upp nothing more than the minimum to get him, I am fine with it. Sign him to a one year deal.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Essendon4eva wrote:As long as we give upp nothing more than the minimum to get him, I am fine with it. Sign him to a one year deal.
why would he leave brisbane for minimum wage?

did you read the article, we are looking to poach him for 900K on a 3 year contract.

that is a pretty big gamble.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

He would be a good pick up IMO, but not for 300k per season for 3 years.

He was alot better this year.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

and will get better mind you
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

If we can get him in the PSD, i would say go for it. However the price tag is a little high for what he has shown so far. Glimpses of brilliance, but plenty of inconsistency.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I don't understand the negativity. 9 brownlow votes last season for his first two games where he had 25+ possessions and 12+ marks and the game against Collingwood where he kicked 7.5. He has been a little inconsistent over the journey but I don't see anyone on our list who has shown that much potential. 50 odd games... we should start to see the best of him over the next few years.

$900k over three seems reasonable to me - we've got the cap space as it stands, and the cap goes up by 500k this year from memory. Worst case scenario he becomes a depth player, best case he blossoms like daryl white and we get a very versatile third tall who can swap between the forward or back line.

Lucas had a lot of troubles this year when the opposition played a smaller, mobile defender on him - Brennan would take that defender. He would also provide a third target and he has a nice boot on him.

Likes to tackle, strong mark, X factor. He's the kind of bloke that will get better as he matures. If we can get him for a second rounder and $300k a year I'd be very excited - at least we'll know that we're getting a player - certainly not guaranteed with a 2nd round pick in this draft.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:As long as we give upp nothing more than the minimum to get him, I am fine with it. Sign him to a one year deal.
Unless you are over 30, no one leaves anywhere for a one year deal. :roll:
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Usless footballer whose only claim to fame is that he can hold the ball in one hand. This means he kicks like a spastic cause his ball drop is shit.

He's also soft, and done nothing at the lions to note one little bit of consideration, i dont rate this guy, a number of lion supporters i know dont rate him.

So keep him away from Essendon. Its a huge step backwards, would rather keep Keplar.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nomolos wrote:Usless footballer whose only claim to fame is that he can hold the ball in one hand. This means he kicks like a spastic cause his ball drop is shit.

He's also soft, and done nothing at the lions to note one little bit of consideration, i dont rate this guy, a number of lion supporters i know dont rate him.

So keep him away from Essendon. Its a huge step backwards, would rather keep Keplar.
Yeah but can Kepler hold the ball in one hand??
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

tom9779 wrote:
why would he leave brisbane for minimum wage?

did you read the article, we are looking to poach him for 900K on a 3 year contract.

that is a pretty big gamble.
I didn't say that would get him to leave. I said that is what I would give for him. He hasn't done anything to deserve more than the minimum. And I did read the article. So it is pretty obvious I disagree with giving him that much. he deserves the minimum for having done nothing.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Windy_Hill wrote:
nomolos wrote:Usless footballer whose only claim to fame is that he can hold the ball in one hand. This means he kicks like a spastic cause his ball drop is shit.

Yeah but can Kepler hold the ball in one hand??
No but it decreases his chance of dropping the ball before he makes the wrong decision.

NO ONE is going to turn me around on this one...HE'S A DUD PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

nomolos wrote:NO ONE is going to turn me around on this one...HE'S A DUD PLAIN AND SIMPLE
He's awesome.

Convinced yet?

8)