Collard delisted... WTF?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Collard delisted... WTF?

Post by andrewb »

Fremantle delisted Clayton Collard today. He was really highly rated in last year's draft. Absolutely baffling. Also Calib Mourish.

Bizarre... something going on there.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Collard delisted... WTF?

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote:Fremantle delisted Clayton Collard today. He was really highly rated in last year's draft. Absolutely baffling. Also Calib Mourish.

Bizarre... something going on there.
Makes you wonder what Mark Harvey might have done with our list.....
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They have the answer to their prayers coming over soon. Kepler Bradley, closely followed by Joel Reynolds.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yep, something definitely awry there. I actually watched some of the U/18 carnival last year and Collard was a gun - he, Jetta and Moss carved it up in the midfield for WA.
Last edited by jimmyc1985 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

The news is that Collard is extremely up himself, didn't give 2 f**** about his footy and prefered to be partying. Serious attitude problem.

However was touted as a top 10 pick and at 31 was probably a bigger steal then Leroy who interestingly he is 2nd cousins to and apparently extremely good friends with........ I'd throw him a lifeline.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

You heard the same mail I did,Boncer.

I'd have to ask another COLLARD I knew from his days at PERTH(STAN MAGRO'S assistant)about the young un.

Bit surprised about MOURISH.

He may have played RESSIES FOOTY.But he found himself finding his feet with EAST FREMANTLE let alone,taking a step up to AFL.

He was never ready for that level this year.He barely played with OLD EASTS(1 colts game) before he got picked up.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

a review from last year...

Collard is a freak, i personally rate him on equal terms with Selwood, but it seems he might slip, which is astonishing, as it would be rediculous if a team that finished in the top 4 gets to add this guy to their team, especially west coast.

Mel Brown has been reported as saying he thinks by the end of his career, Collard will be the greatest ever Western Australian footballer in history, ahead of Maurice Riolo, thats how much talent he thinks he has.

Is fairly quick, good height, may need to put on a bit of size, extremely good disposal, excellent decision making, probably the best in the draft. Has the Dal Santo "poise", has the flair of the aboriginal players, and gets plenty of touches. When he gets it, he does special things, ala Judd, Wells etc, your expecting something to happen, which is a rare gift.

Is daylight ahead of Jetta in my opinion, but others dont agree, can play forward, and loves to drift forward in the midfield and kick a goal.

If i had a pick anywhere in the 8-16 range and he was still available, and you wanted a midfielder, i would gobble it up, if he slips past that, and say Carlton gets him,then you have a massive bargain. gibbs, murphy and collard would be the equivelant of Judd, Kerr and Cousins in 3-4 years.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:The news is that Collard is extremely up himself, didn't give 2 f**** about his footy and prefered to be partying. Serious attitude problem.
However was touted as a top 10 pick and at 31 was probably a bigger steal then Leroy who interestingly he is 2nd cousins to and apparently extremely good friends with........ I'd throw him a lifeline.
Sounds like you've described Chris Tarrant to a tee. What a F****** stupid decision in light of recruiting an overrated idiot like Tarrant yet give up on a kid you can work with.
Essendunny
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

First I've heard of Collard having an attitude problem! I was gonna say pick him up and let him play with his mate Jetta but if he has an attitude problem he might track Jetta down with him!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I wouldn't mind giving Collard a go in the red and black, he certainly has talent. For us (or any other club) to get him we would have to use a pick in the national draft most likely as i think Freo were keen to redraft some of there delisted players back.

i can't believe that they have retained Luke Webster and McManus over two young guys.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I'd make sure Prescott had a word to Collard today and try to get his head straight and offer him a new environment with Leroy.

I'd even use a National Draft Pick for him - Pick 55 would be a steal for him in a weak draft considering he probably would be a top 10 pick in this year's draft if he was a year younger.

I'd even look at Ryley Dunn as well, as a rookie at a minimum.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Apparently after playing his one AFL game he went off the rails, is up himself for sure. Looks like Freo may have trown him a wake up call I think they plan to pick him back up in Rookie Draft :?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

5Alive wrote:Apparently after playing his one AFL game he went off the rails, is up himself for sure. Looks like Freo may have trown him a wake up call I think they plan to pick him back up in Rookie Draft :?
Well that's stupid, there is no way someone won't have a nibble at him in either the National Draft, PSD, or rookie draft before it gets to Freo's pick.

This "attitude" problem sounds more like Freo spin to try and scare the other clubs away so they actually can rookie him.

Obviously there must be some issue there for Freo to delist him, but either they are extremely stupid to think they will be able to pick him up again or there are massive problems with him and they don't want him back and don't care if some else grab him.

I would leave it up to guys like Ashley Prescott, who have had dealings with him, to be able to judge whether we should be going near him or not.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

ealesy wrote:

Obviously there must be some issue there for Freo to delist him, but either they are extremely stupid to think they will be able to pick him up again or there are massive problems with him and they don't want him back and don't care if some else grab him.

Well, it is Freo we are talking about ealesy :lol: