Cousins?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.

Cousins at Essendon

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:57 pm

YES
46%
NO
54%

Total votes: 37

auditor
High Draft Pick

Cousins?

Post by auditor »

Would you consider havin Cousins at the Bombers?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Not in his current state. And I have severe doubt that he will get over his battles any time soon.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

No f****** way...we have too many young players that he might influence. Any club that picks him up is just making a rod for their own back.

He has had more chances than cats have lives and yet continued to f*** up and then strut around like he'd done nothing wrong.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i chose yes but only on the basis if we look to challenge for Premiership either in 2009 or 2010, otherwise no point
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Paul18
Top Up Player

Post by Paul18 »

He one of the top footyballers in the country. The Power were getting done, until he got hurt.
Huge player.
Still what 29.
Surely we have the money for full time miner/nanny.
'I get why the demons all fall in line with you. You're like Tony Robbins. If he was a big scary, Frankenstein looking... You're exactly like Tony Robbins.'
Spike
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I voted yes, still one of the top midfielders in the league.

However, I would put very strict conditions in his contract.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'm now officially on the record as a 'no'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I say yes but only if he gets himself straight and has a no f*** up clause in it and if he fcks up then we f*** him off!!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

No way in hell. As good a player he is...well... was I'm sick of Essendon picking up older players. We have a new coach and all I say lets just start fresh and see how the current list of players fair and I think that's the direction Knights is taking us and I like it. I can wait forever until we get a premiership just so longs it was done the right way under Knights or whoever. I dont think that recruiting older players, older being (26-32 y.o) helps a club at all and it didn't work under sheedy at all either. No from me.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Absolutely
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I had a really weird dream last night. Essendon recruited Cousins but only on the condition he had a full time minder. I was the full time minder, being paid 100k a year to keep him out of trouble. It wasn't a bad gig, but then Ben told me I had to be with him 24/7, even divorce my wife to be with him.

Bizarre. I must stop having two glasses of muscat before I go to bed at night. :shock: :?
duke
Top Up Player

Post by duke »

No. I honestly couldnt rock up to an Essendon game, and cheer for Cousins running around in the red and black. Partly because of his drug abuse, and partly because he's a former WCE player I loved to hate.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I certainly would consider him, outside of the obvious, Knights may not consider him due to the youth policy.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

NO!

I said the same as having him FINALLY Return to LATHLAIN to finish his playing days in the WAFL,as opposed to BLOODY East Fremantle.

Great player.But if he was to play for ESSENDON,it has to made QUITE CLEAR,NO ASSOCIATIONS with UNDERWORLD FIGURES would be Tolerated.One FUCKUP and he is GAWN!

NO ifs or Buts.This is his AND was West Coast's GREATEST FAILING in dealing with his OFF FIELD INDISCIPLINE.

He still hasn't DIVORCED himself from that sort of RUBBISH in PERTH.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I would. Even though Cousins, has problem, I believe our culture is strong enough that he will be influenced in a positive way, before he has a negative impact on our players.

Sure hisa ge comes into question. However he had 6 months off and will have at least another season. With that much time off, not due to physical injury, I think he may have a few years extra then another player his age. Look at Robert Harvey.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:I would. Even though Cousins, has problem, I believe our culture is strong enough that he will be influenced in a positive way, before he has a negative impact on our players.

Sure hisa ge comes into question. However he had 6 months off and will have at least another season. With that much time off, not due to physical injury, I think he may have a few years extra then another player his age. Look at Robert Harvey.
By bringing him to the club in his current condition you would compromise the standards in which the club expectes its players to conduct themselves. Matthew Lloyd has lead the charge on a strict code of conduct upon the players within the club. By recruiting Ben Cousins with prior knowledge of his addiction and personal problems, you are seriously jeopardising the standards of the entire playing group. If Cousins can demonstrate that he has been successfully rehabilitated, then the club could consider recruiting him under strict contractual condidtions. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I hope that he gets his life back together, and if and when that happens, then I'd be glad to have him at the club. But he would have to prove pretty conclusively to me that he wasn't on anything, and there wasn't any chance of relapse before I would be satisifed that he wasn't a bad influence to have around the younger players.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

The bloke needs time away from footy to see what he wants to do in life and get his shite together. If partying all night with hot babes, popping pills and living an outlaw lifestyle floats his boat more than playing AFL footy right now, no club should pick him up.

BD's right, he would compromise the standards in which the club expects its players to conduct themselves. Having cleaned out the bad apples in the previous seasons, the last thing we need now is another one...

The tough thing for Essendon supporters is the fact that a Ben Cousins in full flight on field is just what the club needs right now. But in his current state he'd only take a spot on the list from some kid who really wants to play the game.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

The bloke needs time away from footy to see what he wants to do in life and get his shite together. If partying all night with hot babes, popping pills and living an outlaw lifestyle floats his boat more than playing AFL footy right now, no club should pick him up.

BD's right, he would compromise the standards in which the club expects its players to conduct themselves. Having cleaned out the bad apples in the previous seasons, the last thing we need now is another one...

The tough thing for Essendon supporters is the fact that a Ben Cousins in full flight on field is just what the club needs right now. But in his current state he'd only take a spot on the list from some kid who really wants to play the game.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

absolutly NO!!!

you don't do a deal with cancer in the hope it may only attack cells in your body you want gone. and to me that is what he would be at the club a cancerous tumor that could spread to vaunrable and healthy young players.
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS