Cousins Poll?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

Cousins Poll?

Post by tom9779 »

Would be interested to know what people think of Benny, his predicament, and in relation to the dons.(can we do polls here?)

Lets say its announced in the paper, essendon is going to draft Cousins(with whatever it takes via PSD, I'm guessing its $$$ as nothing would need to be traded to get him).

How would you react?:

A) Be stoked, welcome Mr cousins with open arms, the efc footy department and recruiters are genius...
B) Skeptical, (a ex druggo and 30 years old), but trust the club is making a good decision
or
C) Scream Blue murder, Ask for Dodoro's head, call Knights a hypocrite and wonder if the club has gone to the dogs.....
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Cousins Poll?

Post by Ossie »

Option B. I think he's a massive risk, but if Knights et al think that it's the right decision in the interests of the club, I would support it.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

C for me.

On one hand we let Peverill go despite his form being good enough to be in our 22. Reason given, he is too old to picture in our future and would be taking the spot of a kid. Whilst I dont agree, I can understand this push for youth especially given the draft concessions to the new teams coming up.

But, If on the other hand we take Cousin's who for reasons below should definately not be considered by our club, ill be furious and bewildered.
1. is also not going to be around for our next serious finals push (not talking an also ran spot in the 8)
2. Is a reformed drug addict (it is a fact over 80% of reformed addicts relapse check out any medical journal on the subject) and good chances are he will relapse
3. has had a year out and despite conditioning himself will not be match fit and will be susceptable to frequent soft tissue injuries

Good news is the club appears to be in good hands and we wont figure in any push for his services so there is nothing to warry about.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Leading the witness your honour...

I'll take a toned down version of C.

Wouldn't be the right decision. Don't care how good he is, you don't f*** around with good culture.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

B

Anyone in PERTH see the Genuises at TVW CHANNEL EAGLE come up with the PULSE of PERTH POLL?

Should BEN COUSINS return to the Eagles?

Awww Gee,wonder what result that'll turn up? :roll:

16 000 callers and mounting I hear.

Let's see 89% said Yes.The other 11 % were DOCKER SPOILERS.HO HUM!Heard a few Ladies in their 60's upwards,Mutter on the Tranny,Bring him back to the Eagles.GOOD GRIEF! :roll:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

C, without the hysterics. Aside from his obvious baggage, i think people (speaking in general) are overstating the probabilities of him coming back and playing at or near the same level he was at the end of 2007. By the time the start of next season rolls around, he'll have played 7 games in 30 months. That's not a lot of match practice for a guy who'll turn 31 halfway through next season, who was having repeated hamstring problems last year.

I think the odds of him coming back and having one outstanding (relatively injury-free) season are so-so, and the odds of him having two outstanding (relatively injury-free) seasons are very slim. And no, i haven't forgotten how good he was pre-2006.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

A and B.

Of course It would be exciting to get Benny, who wouldn't want him. But it's too risky.

Knights said no to Pev and supposedly Hird so I doubt he'll come to Essendon.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Make it 95 % that want BENNY back in a Poll of 16 500.

I'm sure it's just TEENY BOPPERS Girls with SPEEL DIAL Mobiles and Multiple SMS's.But it's the FUDDY DUDDIES who've been the most Voiciferous in demading ACCOUNTABILITY(Big laugh coming from them)from their Board,a Petition to have them SACKED if BENNY isn't asked to come back.

They are FARKIN' UNBELIEVABLE! :roll: :evil:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Forgetting about his numerous problems, the guy is 30 and has been out of the game for essentially two years.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

There is an HIDEOUS ODOUR(or BLEEDING OBVIOUS STENCH) that CERTAIN PARTIES in WA,are manouvering COUSINS to return to WEST COAST.WEST COAST'S MOUTHPIECE(Little Kerry's TVW 7) and CHIEF SPONSOR being the PRIME CHEERLEADER!Or more Fittingly,GUILTY PARTY!

What's the Bet that the MAINWARING CHARITY MATCH gets SWAMPED by 40 000 Screaming Eagles Fans,with WE WANT BENNY BACK Demands?That is despite the Board and CEO CATEGORICALLY Saying,NO,It ain't happening!Hope the EAGLES BOARD Doesn't CRUMBLE.It shouldn't,as they can't get Voted Out by the Membership.Complacent about their Voting Rights until about Now,I reckon.

Stay tuned for more Eagle FARCE! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I am missing my footy big time (although we did get the GF live here in Santiago which was fantastic) BUT I am not missing the one eyed bullshit WA media ands its coverage of the Eagles!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Definitely option C

And Grassy....Mark Barnabas (Eagles Chairman) has publicly stated that Cousins will not be returning to the eagles.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

skrew it ill go with A + B
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Somewhere between B and C for me.
I don't think it would be a wise move.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Seems pretty damn split.

around half leaning on A or B(seems everyone knows its a risk) or B and C(some sure its a very bad idea).

I think the prospect of Cousins at a club would split most fans 50/50....will be interesting to see where he plays.

For what its worth, I am a solid B. Age not a factor for me, based on Cousins lack of major injuries, and how he was playing prior to being dropped..

The club is best placed to decide on the drug issue and I would trust their judgement.

A player of cousins skill, and strength is what we need. A dickhead off the field is not what we need....but surely if there is one person that could actually be reformed and know the pitfalls is he. Tadgh Keneally(on the telly) on grand final day put it that way, and to some degree, I see where he is coming from.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'll tip it on the C side. I'm absolutely over this bloke.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

C without hysterics.

This is especially after the float of the James Hird comeback was apparently rejected. Why would you take Cousins would has major issues and hasnt played for so long and not entertain a comeback by one of the greatest bombers of all time. To reject Hird and take Cousins just wouldnt make sense. I dare say if any of the Hirdy story was true that he would be in better shape than Cousin.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Probably B. We know that he is still super fit and an amazingly good midfielder and user of the ball but the baggage that he brings with him is questionable. If the club dumped Pev, traded off Lovett yet picked up Cuz it would be a little worrying.