Can we get Thornton?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Can we get Thornton?

Post by JimboC »

We need another tall KP Defender now.....

If we don't address our rapidly declining backline....we'll be stuffed for at least a couple more seasons....

Opinions guys?
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I've heard Thornton will most likely sign up with carlton again. Don't know how true this is.

I think it's time to give Lee a go. 3 pre-seasons under the belt now, and looks like he could become a solid defender.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

I reckon give Lee a go.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

I can't believe Thornton MIGHT re-sign with Carlton,he has said he doesn't want to play their and walked out.He would look like an idiot if he stays........... :evil:
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

might not have much option seeing the Blues have said they will use their first pick in the PSD to force him to stay at the club.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

I personally think Thornton is overrated. Played a few good games this year, but I dont wont him. Like others have said, Id rather try Lee.

Give Lee the same oportunity that KB had to hold down CHB. Plus for the future we will have either one of Hansen or Gumbleton. Its not as bleak as it seems. But of course none of these players have proven themselves yet...but the potential is clearly there.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

DC wrote:I personally think Thornton is overrated. Played a few good games this year, but I dont wont him. Like others have said, Id rather try Lee.
Exactly! Bradley is just as good a defender as Thorton. That just shows how crap Thorton is. He would be a waste picking him up, especially at 300k per year.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Thornton is a scragger. The amount of times he gets away with hanging onto Lloydy's jumper is just ridiculous.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Give Lee a go & see what he is made of
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

Yep, i agree with most, in that we should give Lee a go. He seems to read the ball and play well, when i have watched him play for Bendigo on TV.
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Play Lee. He looks god for Bendigo and looked good against the Kangas before playing forward for the remainder of the season. Hansen could be handy to.

Thornton is better than Bradley because he isn't as slow or unco, but he isn't great. Plus if he goes into the PSD, he will nominate huge terms, possibly $600,000 for one year! Which I doubt EFC could fit into the salary cap.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Heard that Thorton is going to sign a 3-year deal with Carlton.
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Never thought I would say this but I think Thornton would be worth a look. I hope that those calling for Lee to be 'given a go' don't turn like all those hailing Kepler as the future CHB before this season. If he does go in, be prepared for a long apprenticeship. Thronton may be at the stage where he is ready to step up?
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Not any more...signed on with the poos for 3 years....hack anyway.

Lets see what comes out of the delistings. :wink: