Completed Trades in 2008 Trade Week.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
dom_105
Club Captain

Completed Trades in 2008 Trade Week.

Post by dom_105 »

Keep the speculation out of this thread, just the confirmed, locked in trades.

Mods, might be a good idea to sticky it as well.

----

Adam Thomson (Port Adelaide) to Richmond for Pick 42
Rhyce Shaw (Collingwood) and Pick 61 to Sydney for Pick 46
Anthony Corrie (Brisbane) to Collingwood for Pick 93
Farren Ray (Bulldogs) and Pick 48 to St Kilda for Pick 31
Brent Prismall (Geelong) to Essendon for Pick 39
Robert Warnock (Fremantle) and Pick 69 to Carlton for Pick 24, 56 and 72
Last edited by dom_105 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Completed Trades in 2008 Trade Week.

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:Ayce Cordy taken at #14 by Western Brokedogs with St. Noidea trying to claim him at #13!
Is that right? I thought the rules were that clubs wanting to select a father/son pick could do so with their "next available" pick in the following round if another club motioned to select that player. For example, the Swans tried to select Darcy Daniher with their 2nd round pick in last year's draft, so we had to use our 3rd round pick to get him. Or is it just the next pick in line?
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

According to the info I have from the AFL:
Any clubs wishing to nominate eligible players as a father / son selection for this year's 2008 NAB AFL Draft must do so by 2pm this Friday, October 3.

The bidding meeting for any nominated players will be at 10am on Monday October 6.

Each other club in the competition has the option to bid, in reverse ladder order, for that nominated player. If a bid is made, the club that nominated the father-son player must use its next available selection if it wishes to retain hold on that player. If the club nominating the father-son player declines to match the selection nominated, the club with the successful bid must use that selection at the Draft. Any club that makes a successful bid on a father-son selection is bound to the pick they nominate. If no bid is made by another club, the club that nominated the father-son eligible player will forfeit its last selection in the draft to select the player.
EDIT: All confirmed.
THE WESTERN Bulldogs will use their first round draft pick in order to secure the services of ruck prospect Ayce Cordy.

The young tall, who was eligible to be claimed by the Dogs under the father-son rule, will cost the club selection No.14 in the NAB AFL Draft after St Kilda offered its first round draft pick of 13 for the former Geelong Falcon.

Under new father-son drafting rules, rival clubs have the opportunity to bid for a nominated player, with the original club then required to use its next highest selection to claim him.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Ben Doolan,

A team has to use their next available pick after another club's bid to take someone under the father/son rule.

So if it was reversed and the Bulldogs had pick 13 and St Kilda bidded pick 14, then the Bulldogs would have only needed to use their second round pick to get Cordy.

However as St Kilda had pick 13 and used it to bid on Cordy, the Bulldogs had to use their next available pick, ie pick 14.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I was under the impression that the club nominating the father / son player had to use their next available selection from the following round. I think it's BS that the Dogs (or any other club for that matter) have to use their 1st round pick for a father / son player. Oh well, thems the breaks.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote:I was under the impression that the club nominating the father / son player had to use their next available selection from the following round. I think it's BS that the Dogs (or any other club for that matter) have to use their 1st round pick for a father / son player. Oh well, thems the breaks.
I think it is pretty fair. You have to pay what the player is worth and are guaranteed to get him.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

BenDoolan wrote:I was under the impression that the club nominating the father / son player had to use their next available selection from the following round. I think it's BS that the Dogs (or any other club for that matter) have to use their 1st round pick for a father / son player.

I don't think so, I mean Geelong were gifted Tom Hawkins with a third round selection when he would have gone top 3, if not Number 1 in the draft otherwise.

All for the father/son rule but the old rule was simply to unfair, why should we have to use a third round pick on Jay Neagle (who was essentially and underage, overweight project player) while Geelong got to also use a third round pick on one of the most highly rated youngsters from his draft in Hawkins.

Now so far I would happily say I would that based on what they've done so far, I more than happy with having Neagle and not Hawkins but at the times they were drafted it was ridiculous that they both cost 3rd round picks.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I was under the impression that the club nominating the father / son player had to use their next available selection from the following round. I think it's BS that the Dogs (or any other club for that matter) have to use their 1st round pick for a father / son player.

I don't think so, I mean Geelong were gifted Tom Hawkins with a third round selection when he would have gone top 3, if not Number 1 in the draft otherwise.

All for the father/son rule but the old rule was simply to unfair, why should we have to use a third round pick on Jay Neagle (who was essentially and underage, overweight project player) while Geelong got to also use a third round pick on one of the most highly rated youngsters from his draft in Hawkins.

Now so far I would happily say I would that based on what they've done so far, I more than happy with having Neagle and not Hawkins but at the times they were drafted it was ridiculous that they both cost 3rd round picks.

Swings and Roundabouts - Who knows what talent awaits us with Hird Jnr.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

So far,..........

See ya Friday ! :roll:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It's always the way Grassy.

Monday and Tuesday will be dead, One trade will go through on Wednesday morning and the switchboard at SEN will light up like a Christmas Tree, Thursday will be dead again with the rest of the action happening on the Friday.
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

Thomson to Richmond for pick 42.

They are just finalising the minor details
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Thomson as in Nathan Thomson?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

Adam Thomson - Port Adelaide
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I have since remembered Arab retired. That was his nickname wasn't it? I think that's what they called him at the Hawks. Either that or now I come across as a total racist :mrgreen:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Megan wrote:I have since remembered Arab retired. That was his nickname wasn't it? I think that's what they called him at the Hawks. Either that or now I come across as a total racist :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Rhyce Shaw to Sydney for a bucket of shit (Sydney got ripped off)

(Swap of 4th and 3rd round picks).
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Farren Ray to the Saints for shit all.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Anthony Corrie to the pies... again for shit all.

That's a win for Collingwood.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Essendon deal to be announced soon... (Prismall for something or other)...

Bombers website crew has arrived at Telstra Dome for a press conference.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Staggy wrote:Farren Ray to the Saints for shit all.
Bulldogs didn't appear too concerned that he wanted to leave so to end up with pick 31 isn't too bad a deal for them even given that they gave up pick 48 as well
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012