Prismall

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
nomolos
Club Captain

Prismall

Post by nomolos »

Well it wouldn't be a trade period without mentioning him. He's been mentioned 3 years in a row

Well it turns out we may just have a shot at getting him now...go figure
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Re: Prismall

Post by DYSON#2 »

and i think this year he can be a cheap buy. worth the injury risk i think because of the chance of being a cheap get.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Essendon is Prismall's preferred destination:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/d ... 62703.html

If we could snag Prismall with our third round pick, I would happy.

It also looks like O'Keefe might go to the Swans for pick 16.

Sydney would then consider using pick 16 to trade for Lovett.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Am I right in understanding this guy is injured and won't play next season?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tom9779 wrote:Essendon is Prismall's preferred destination:

So Sydney are going to trade O'Keefe to themselves...what a strange move :shock: :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Scott wrote:Am I right in understanding this guy is injured and won't play next season?
Is injured.

Will be back midway through next year you'd think.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

swoodley wrote:

So Sydney are going to trade O'Keefe to themselves...what a strange move :shock: :lol: :lol:
What is impressive about it, is the fact that they somehow also get pick 16 out of the Dorks for nothing.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Nice to hear that we are a preferred destination of someone for once :P . If he wasn't injured i would welcome him with open arms. Wouldn't want to give anything higher than a third round pick for him though and im sure the cats would want more than that.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

swoodley wrote:

hawks give up #16 for o'keefe, damn brain.

16 onto us for lovett.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Yeah, he's just what we need...Another injury prone couldabeen... let's give up one of our few non-injury prone match winners who's as quick off the mark as anyone in the AFL for him...after all he has been a naughty boy in committing the mortal sin of missing a couple of training sessions. It's not as though he just committed some minor misdemeanor like crashing his car while on a late night binge and lying to his club about it or some other minor offence like associating with killers or anything.

That's right Bombers...unload Lovett for Prismall....GREAT MOVE BOMBERS :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

pevfan wrote:Yeah, he's just what we need...Another injury prone couldabeen... let's give up one of our few non-injury prone match winners who's as quick off the mark as anyone in the AFL for him...after all he has been a naughty boy in committing the mortal sin of missing a couple of training sessions. It's not as though he just committed some minor misdemeanor like crashing his car while on a late night binge and lying to his club about it or some other minor offence like associating with killers or anything.

That's right Bombers...unload Lovett for Prismall....GREAT MOVE BOMBERS :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Ouch.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

pevfan wrote:Yeah, he's just what we need...Another injury prone couldabeen... let's give up one of our few non-injury prone match winners who's as quick off the mark as anyone in the AFL for him...after all he has been a naughty boy in committing the mortal sin of missing a couple of training sessions. It's not as though he just committed some minor misdemeanor like crashing his car while on a late night binge and lying to his club about it or some other minor offence like associating with killers or anything.

I guarantee that if we get Prismall you will eat these words within three years. Gets his own ball, knows how to play defensively and is a beautiful kick on either foot. Gets the hard ball and still has disposal efficiency of 80 odd percent. He has had some rotten luck on the injury front but any midfielder who is getting a game with Geelong is a walk up start in our team.

I don't know if you saw the Geelong in rds 19-22 but Prismall averaged 25 odd touches at 85% efficiency, kicked 6 goals and had 13 ASSISTS. They are astonishing numbers for a 22 year old. He is a class player. All class.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

andrewb wrote:

I guarantee that if we get Prismall you will eat these words within three years. Gets his own ball, knows how to play defensively and is a beautiful kick on either foot. Gets the hard ball and still has disposal efficiency of 80 odd percent. He has had some rotten luck on the injury front but any midfielder who is getting a game with Geelong is a walk up start in our team.

I don't know if you saw the Geelong in rds 19-22 but Prismall averaged 25 odd touches at 85% efficiency, kicked 6 goals and had 13 ASSISTS. They are astonishing numbers for a 22 year old. He is a class player. All class.
Agree, getting Prismall is a good idea. we need more in his age bracket anyhow...
We have lost too many olders guys and need to keep aim to have a great stock of blokes in their mid 20s in the next couple of years.

I'd prefer a draft pick for prismall though. be nice to recruit a decent 22/23 year old. when his knee is right we will have him right in his peak. Prismall could be dirt, similar to say des headland, looking great in a premiership team...struggling in a developing team.

There would be a lot of average players who could grab that sort of numbers in a team like geelong. he is getting that sort of run at it, because the opposition is so focussed on bartel, selwood, corey, ling etc.(he was fillin in for gablett then right?)

If essendon pays no more than pick 23, i'd be happy.

Lovett's currency for trade is about at its peak, and is unwanted at the club, because he is no good off it(and prob having a detrimental effect on other players at the club).

As a player I'd rate Lovett > Prismall, so if we are trading, we would want something else thrown in. Go have a look at Andrew Lovetts game against West Coast in round 19. I don't know yet if Prismall could give us that sort of quality, its wait and see.

That West Coast game was our SEASON. And Andrew Lovett was one of only a few players in the red and black who played like it.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thats why i am not really liking the clubs desire to move on Lovey (yes for offield problems) to get a player that won't play much footy at all next season. Yes we will be able to upgrade a rookie listed player for a while but will they be matchwinners like Lovett.... i dont think so.

Any chance the club wont get what they are after and keep lovett for another year?? When his contract runs out we can offer him to the Gold Coast??
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Thats why i am not really liking the clubs desire to move on Lovey (yes for offield problems) to get a player that won't play much footy at all next season. Yes we will be able to upgrade a rookie listed player for a while but will they be matchwinners like Lovett.... i dont think so.

Any chance the club wont get what they are after and keep lovett for another year?? When his contract runs out we can offer him to the Gold Coast??
This is the most sensible thing I've read about the Lovett "saga". It makes perfect sense to keep him for another year and trade him to GC for decent draft picks.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Thats why i am not really liking the clubs desire to move on Lovey (yes for offield problems) to get a player that won't play much footy at all next season. Yes we will be able to upgrade a rookie listed player for a while but will they be matchwinners like Lovett.... i dont think so.

What match has he actually won for us?
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

bomberdonnie wrote:

What match has he actually won for us?
Carlton games?
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

bomberdonnie wrote: What match has he actually won for us?

We won games?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

nomolos wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote: What match has he actually won for us?

We won games?

Lovett's onfield value is without question, he is easily in our best 22. He had some BOG's this year for the club, and often provides spark for the team. His effort towards the end of the year was marvelous.

The issues all lie off-field, and this is a big thing for a club, it effects morale, and as a senior player he sets an incredibly bad example to our long list of talented youngsters. They must learn good habits and have a great strong senior bunch around them.

IMO, for prismall we should just exchange picks...its all geelong want after all, they are maxed out on TPP, they desire quality 17 year olds to develop.

I say, Prismall for pick #39, which the cats will take in light of a better offer. Prismall hits the PSD, Pris puts a big price on his head, we front load his contract and take him at pick 5 for nothing. We make that clear to Geelong, and I reckon Brent Prismall is ours for our 3rd rounder.

As for Lovett, we keep hanging out for a first rounder from Sydney. Lovett moves if O'keefe does basically.(as I think Sydney may part with a pick if they get one from the hawks for him.) Otherwise lovey stays at essendon next year on an alcohol ban.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

On field value? The best team of the last 2 years can find a spot for him! How many othe rplayers on our list could say that?