Henno could stay

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
antcl
Top Up Player

Henno could stay

Post by antcl »

See the website:

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=4918

Can't believe this.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Surely it's just to keep the slighest door open.

Give me a Tim Notting anyday over Henno, or simply just another draft pick.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

rama_fan wrote:Give me a Tim Notting anyday over Henno, or simply just another draft pick.
Or a 90 year-old grand mother with a woden leg and a prosthetic hip.

If he is retained, then I hope we finish last on the ladder next year, because it is obvious that we like to reward mediocrity. The club is going so backwards so fast it is becoming a joke.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Jesus I'm scared about next year. I can't see us finishing any higher than 12th.
Bombers till' I die
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Well, whats the point of going to the games if its clear that Sheedy obviously has no intention of improving the team let alone winning matches.

I will always put up with poor seasons as much as I will put up with success. But if the coach obviously doesnt want to try and get better, then whats the point?

While we only won 3.5 games this year, at least you could say that they were giving there all. Wouldnt it have been smarter to retain Lucy on the list than Hennehack?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jolley would have been better to keep also.

Can't believe there is a chance he will stay.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I am in shock... he was delisted now he is a chance of staying... please tell me sheeds is kidding... lets hope Notting doesn't re-sign with the lions! all my fingers and toes are crossed!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Henno or Cloke?

This just may be the equation. Is it possible?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Does anyone realise that the only reason we are looking at keeping Henno is because the PSD isn't worth doing an asparagus-laden piss on?

No matter how much Sheeds loves Henno, if there was anything even remotely worthwile in the PSD, Henno would've been de-listed posthaste. The fact he still has a chance of being picked up again speaks volumes about the garbage quality of the PSD, generally speaking.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Does anyone realise that the only reason we are looking at keeping Henno is because the PSD isn't worth doing an asparagus-laden piss on?

No matter how much Sheeds loves Henno, if there was anything even remotely worthwile in the PSD, Henno would've been de-listed posthaste. The fact he still has a chance of being picked up again speaks volumes about the garbage quality of the PSD, generally speaking.
So why was Cartledge, Lucy or Jolley delisted?

All of them have had as much success as Henneman apart from Jolley who has done more.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha, trick or treat right? It is Holloween, so it has to be a hoax. If not, then those responsible for this should be de-listed.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Does anyone realise that the only reason we are looking at keeping Henno is because the PSD isn't worth doing an asparagus-laden piss on?

Agree there, the quality in the PSD is NFG, but someone should get on the phone to Damian Cupido and tell him to nominate himself. Surely he would be worth another crack than Henno....
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Henneman is being kept because he is a wonderful, versatile player. Well, at least Sheedy thinks so.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

A kid would be better than Henno. And at least with the PSD, you can let the kids train with you and get a better look at them than you can before the ND.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Reckon Collingwood had the right idea last year and bypass the crap on offer in the PSD and gave a kid who missed out in the National Draft a go.

More chance of getting a long-term worthwhile player that way than recycling another club's garbage for a couple of years before throwing them away too!!

EFC fast becoming a joke. We get rid of the previous years AA U18 fullback, after one year on the list, without giving the kid a chance to show what he's got, and we are still considering re-drafting Henneman??!!!

This after giving Mark Bolton another year on the list.

If it wasn't so sad and pathetic it might be funny!!

Is Sheedy capable of making the tough calls anymore?

AFL coaches need to be ruthless. The number of times after an inspid performance in the last few season Sheeds has threaten to swing the axe and shake things up only to drop a couple of young kids and maybe one underperforming senior player!!!

Wouldn't mind someone doing an Alstair Clarkson to our list one little bit!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Henneman is being kept because he is a wonderful, versatile player. Well, at least Sheedy thinks so.
He is verastile. He cant play defence, he cant play forward. He cant play ruck nor can he play wing.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Funny how at the end of 2001 many Essendon supporters believed Henno was going to be our answer to our CHB problems. Fast forward 5 years and a combination of injuries and playing him in positions that were just f****** ridiculous like the ruck constantly and everyone calls him the biggest hack of all time.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Love to know the idiots who thought he may amount to a decent player? Even in 2001 he looked pathetic. I just thought that being his first year, we should go easy on him because he will only get better. My how we were wrong.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

I really am so disappointed Jolley has been axed. The poor bugger got about 40 mins to show his worth and then gonsky. FFS.
Rossoneri wrote:

So why was Cartledge, Lucy or Jolley delisted?

All of them have had as much success as Henneman apart from Jolley who has done more.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

uptick wrote:I really am so disappointed Jolley has been axed. The poor bugger got about 40 mins to show his worth and then gonsky. FFS.
that's 40 minutes more than Lucy got, and Lucy was on the senior list, not the rookie list.