Rumour-mill

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Ossie
Club Captain

Rumour-mill

Post by Ossie »

I am hearing a very, very bad rumour about one of our ex-players. Recently departed. He's in deeper trouble than he's ever been in before.
Watch this space.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Rumour-mill

Post by Jazz_84 »

im very curious :?: Lovett?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Jazz_84 wrote:im very curious :?: Lovett?
Well, yeah ... pretty obvious isn't it. :lol: I won't say what he's alleged to have done though. It ain't good though. I would expect it to break today or tomorrow.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Saints holding a press conference now. Will update you when I know more.
In the meantime - this statement from the club.
St Kilda Football Club can confirm that Victoria Police are investigating allegations made by a woman against Saints player Andrew Lovett, which is reported to have occurred in Melbourne in the early hours of this morning.

The Club is currently gaining a better understanding of these allegations and as a Club, St Kilda is treating the matter very seriously.

At this time, the Club has suspended Andrew Lovett indefinitely. Andrew will not be involved with the Club in any shape or form until a further decision is made.
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

Ossie, I'm curious as to whether in this situation if Essendon would be contacting your bosses and other TV networks and asking them not to run file footage of Lovett in an Essendon guernsey when they cover this story?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

vern wrote:Ossie, I'm curious as to whether in this situation if Essendon would be contacting your bosses and other TV networks and asking them not to run file footage of Lovett in an Essendon guernsey when they cover this story?
Nope, I haven't heard anything. It would be hard for them to ask it ... it's the only vision we have of him actually playing the game.
Most people have the vision of him on his first day at the Saints anyway so we'll just run a bit of both.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

St Kilda have suspended Lovett indefinately - pending the outcome from police investigations.