rookie draft??

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

rookie draft??

Post by tom9779 »

considering some of the talent we have uncovered via the rookie draft.

Any ideas of any hidden talent we could still snag?

http://www.aflinsider.net mentions a couple of names....
tony coz
On the Rookie List

Post by tony coz »

stephan garubba
karmabomber
Top Up Player

Re: rookie draft??

Post by karmabomber »

tom9779 wrote:considering some of the talent we have uncovered via the rookie draft.

Any ideas of any hidden talent we could still snag?

http://www.aflinsider.net mentions a couple of names....
Ryan Anderson (Northern Knights) Midfielder with the pace of Jetta, equal skills. Would be on our senior list within 12 months!
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

How many spots do we have?
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Read in the Herald today that the Vic Metro captain didnt get picked up, and the article was quoted saying that he has been invited to train with Essendon and Kangaroos, and that he is going down to Windy Hill to try out...Maybe we havnt quite lost that dominance! (Players choosing our club over other clubs)
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Here's some names and info on who is left

Leigh Adams Prolific ball winner who captained Vic Metro in NAB AFL U18 Championships to title, winning All-Australian honours (averaging 24 disposals per match). Quick, tough, a fine leader and clever around goals. NAB MVP Player for Vic Metro at NAB AFL U18 championships. From Woori-Yallock F.C.

Nathan Batsanis: Small midfielder with good skills. Possesses a penetrating kick. Oakleigh Chargers best and fairest for 2006 completing an outstanding year which included representing Vic Metro in U18 Championships and selection in the TAC Cup Team of the Year.

Daniel Dzufer Left footed midfielder/forward who is good overhead and smart around goal. Won McLean medal (Division two - U16s) in 2004 and All-Australian U18 honours this year. AIS/AFL Academy graduate.

Gavin Grose Rebounding full-back with plenty of dash and excellent left foot kick. Queensland U18 representative in 2006 and impressive for U18 Allies.

Tom Hurley Small midfielder who is a genuine ball winner. Captain of South Australian U18 team at NAB AFL U18 championships. Played 16 league games for Sturt in the SANFL in 2006.

Sam Jacobs Developing ruckman who progressed to senior level football in SA this year and was a state U18 representative. Sound in the air and has a good awareness and football sense. From Adrossan F.C.

Alex Lee Naturally athletic, versatile player who has had a frustrating run with injuries this year curtailing his development. AIS/AFL Academy Graduate.

Haydyn Kiel Run with type who can play as a small forward or ball winning midfielder. Hard at the ball and well balanced. QLD U18 representative in 2005/2006.

Chris Smith Enthusiastic and versatile type who made an impact in NAB AFL U18 Championships as a medium forward on the lead. Can also played midfield or defence.

Nick Smith Left footed, courageous player who wins plenty of the football. Athletic and versatile player who makes good decisions. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2006. From Scotch College.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Ryan Anderson would be a great pick up...

We can only draft 3 rookies i believe and thats including Rama... so there will be two new faces on the rookie list. I hope one of those is a delisted youngster from another club.

Willoughby or Garruba from Sydney
Ben Sharp from WCE
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

sconsey wrote:Read in the Herald today that the Vic Metro captain didnt get picked up, and the article was quoted saying that he has been invited to train with Essendon and Kangaroos, and that he is going down to Windy Hill to try out...Maybe we havnt quite lost that dominance! (Players choosing our club over other clubs)
yep he trained today, with the senior group, but he's apparently had some injury problems so did some of the session with the recovery group.

they had a session after the seniors for players trying out for the rookie list or Bendigo. Was interesting to watch! I think one of them was Saad Saad who I've heard a bit about before - he's from up Shepparton way I think.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

awesome.

i love the rookie list idea. great players come off it, partly I think because they are so much hungrier to make it in the AFL.

I mean once your drafted you get what two years and a stack of cash for an 18 year old. be tough to stay focused....I know I would want to party it up.

rookies on the other hand have to earn their stripes.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

I thought we had 3 selections after Rama came on?

Personally, I'd like the selections to come from Batsansis, Sharp, Cartledge, and maybe a tall.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

I'd be going with the Vic Metro capatin no question.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

I'd prefer Batsansis :)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Geelong have taken Joel Reynolds :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012