News just in Crams and Bell

uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: News just in Crams and Bell

Post by uptick »

boncer34 wrote:I was a fan of Gus but getting rid of him wasn't a bad move.

Break down his year. He had 1 stellar game (Geelong), 1 Good game (Us but 3 of his 4 goals were cheapies) and beat up on Melbourne and GWS. Thats 17 goals in 4 games. Seems pretty good eh?

Cept he kicked 22 from 20 for the rest of the year. All while averaging a tick around 17 disposals a game.

If he's a small forward then that's an average return. If he's a midfielder that's a below average return especially with his disposal.

Gus was and is a solid player. You know what you're gonna get from him. Around 15-18 disposals and a goal a game. Which is fine if your after a player like that.

None of the top 4 would be after a player like that though.

Thanks for that. I suppose it'll be a case of does he bring his best game for the important occasions, or is it just luck that it happened against \Geelong this year. We'll find out over the next 3 yrs !!.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Even in his game v Geelong he got a few in junk time as well.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Monfries was, and is, a down-hill skier.

Stanton - unfortunately - is very much in the same mould.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

hop wrote:Monfries was, and is, a down-hill skier.

I don't think Stanton is a downhill skier. He is one of the hardest running players in the game. He is ranked 5th in the AFL for inside 50s and uncontested possessions and 4th in kicks. His effective disposal is at just over 70%.

I think his issue is that he is an outside player with no other strings to his bow. When we are not getting it, he is not effective so when we are getting pumped he struggles to influence the game. He also averages almost 4 tackles a game which I think shows he does do the work.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

IMO, Stanton is a player of the quality of a top 6 team only. I watched both Preliminary Finals and wondered how Stanton would fare in a game like that. Pretty badly was my immediate thought. Would not be influential whatsoever in a high pressure contest of that magnitude.
Essendunny
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Seems that Crameri is gone. Will apparently tell the club tonight he wants to be traded.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Jon Ralph saying Bulldogs really confident on Crameri will let them know tonight or ttomorrow.

I know there's a lot of money involved, but after he season we've just has you'd hope they'd all stick fat with the club.....Really disappointing if he leaves maybe says something about his character... I hope I'm wrong and he stays.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

boncer34 wrote:I was a fan of Gus but getting rid of him wasn't a bad move.

Break down his year. He had 1 stellar game (Geelong), 1 Good game (Us but 3 of his 4 goals were cheapies) and beat up on Melbourne and GWS. Thats 17 goals in 4 games. Seems pretty good eh?

Cept he kicked 22 from 20 for the rest of the year. All while averaging a tick around 17 disposals a game.
Which is exactly what he did with us - a few really good games and the rest average - the difference this time is that his good games weren't against Carlton.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:
hop wrote:Monfries was, and is, a down-hill skier.

I don't think Stanton is a downhill skier. He is one of the hardest running players in the game. He is ranked 5th in the AFL for inside 50s and uncontested possessions and 4th in kicks. His effective disposal is at just over 70%.

I think his issue is that he is an outside player with no other strings to his bow. When we are not getting it, he is not effective so when we are getting pumped he struggles to influence the game. He also averages almost 4 tackles a game which I think shows he does do the work.
Doesn't the second part of what you said strongly suggest that he is a downhill skier?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

IMO if Stewart dose not sign by the end of this week I'd be taking any offer off the table we don't as club need to be f***** around like this considering the year we've had.
It just fell out of the sky
npskinner
Top Up Player

Post by npskinner »

Has quit the club tonight according to Hutchy on Footy Classified
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Play hard ball with the prick and force him into the draft... f****** prick!
It just fell out of the sky
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

In theory I get the whole players have to look out for themselves, have to set themselves up for life after footy etc etc...in reality though I'm an Essendon supporter, not a f****** Stuey Crameri supporter....so Stuey go f*** yourself.

Walking out on the club after the season from hell, for an extra $60oddK and one extra season on the contract, to go play for a shit heap club that struggles to pull a crowd of 20,000 in their own right.

Hope this decision comes back to haunt you in a similar way Barry Young's decision to walk out on the club at the end of 1999 to chase a little extra coin at the Hawks haunts him.

Oh and Bulldogs...if you reckon pick 22 is enough to get it done, or pick 22 and a set of steak knives is enough to get it done, you are f****** kidding yourselves and will will force him into the drafts, if you are confident that GWS, Melbourne or St Kilda don't have a need for him...trying your f****** luck.
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

Scott wrote:Jon Ralph saying Bulldogs really confident on Crameri will let them know tonight or ttomorrow.

I know there's a lot of money involved, but after he season we've just has you'd hope they'd all stick fat with the club.....Really disappointing if he leaves maybe says something about his character... I hope I'm wrong and he stays.

Oh Please! What does it say about his character? What can we say about Essendon's character after the year from hell? Better left unsaid. Don't put the blame for Essendon's bad management onto the players. Facts are, Crammers was offered a much better deal, with more security and just watch him play in a team that actually has a forward plan.
Brendan McCartney saw something in him when he was an Assistant Coach as Essendon and has offered him something obviously Essendon could have but didn't. Cannot blame the guy for looking after his future. And; please don 't talk about the year from hell, we have no one to blame but ourselves. Get used to it it is not going to be over anytime soon.

And; please, lay off the loyalty theme, after the season we've just had, I am still pretty disgusted with the Bombers.
When clubs are ready to dump players because they no longer fit into their plans, out the door they go like yesterday's paper. That's the way it is. Like it or lump it. Loyalty is now a myth that clubs use to make players feel guilty about leaving until it suits to club. Those days are gone. Any player who wants to go after the year from hell, ought to.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

If you believe the report we a going to play hard ball......i would then expect the next report will be about us not looking after him and his manager pushing for him to cross to the dogs via that AFLPA proposal of letting our players walk as a delisted free agent in order to make us look bad.

My feeling is if he wants to go, let him. Be seen to do everything we can and try for a win win situation for both clubs.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

If the Bulldogs are willing to pay the money that is being reported then you can't really blame him for going. Just a pity that he won't play in front of big crowds anymore and has no chance of playing in an flag. Surely with the offer that they have put forward, they have to trade a 1st round pick. He will be close to the highest paid player there.

If it isn't a 1st round pick it should be there 2nd round pick and a player.

The deal should be pretty easy to get done.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Can someone please explain to me why we made signing TBC a priority and now Crammeri is walking?

TBC couldn't even crack a regular spot in the side and is unlikely to next year, whilst Crameri was our best forward.

What the f*** is going on at Essendon?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

gringo wrote:Can someone please explain to me why we made signing TBC a priority and now Crammeri is walking?

TBC couldn't even crack a regular spot in the side and is unlikely to next year, whilst Crameri was our best forward.

What the f*** is going on at Essendon?
Its the 4 years. TBC would not be on 400k plus a year(crams asking price) and he accepted 2 years.

Dogs taking a big gamble on crams. Who i love, but the dogs money and duration(mostly duration) is overs.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

mds wrote:
Scott wrote:Jon Ralph saying Bulldogs really confident on Crameri will let them know tonight or ttomorrow.

Oh Please! What does it say about his character? What can we say about Essendon's character after the year from hell? Better left unsaid. Don't put the blame for Essendon's bad management onto the players. Facts are, Crammers was offered a much better deal, with more security and just watch him play in a team that actually has a forward plan.
Brendan McCartney saw something in him when he was an Assistant Coach as Essendon and has offered him something obviously Essendon could have but didn't. Cannot blame the guy for looking after his future. And; please don 't talk about the year from hell, we have no one to blame but ourselves. Get used to it it is not going to be over anytime soon.

And; please, lay off the loyalty theme, after the season we've just had, I am still pretty disgusted with the Bombers.
When clubs are ready to dump players because they no longer fit into their plans, out the door they go like yesterday's paper. That's the way it is. Like it or lump it. Loyalty is now a myth that clubs use to make players feel guilty about leaving until it suits to club. Those days are gone. Any player who wants to go after the year from hell, ought to.
Just my opinion mds, if thats what I think, then it it just that what I think.....We all have different ideals, for me Loyalty is a huge factor in life and yes any player who leaves just for the money, well that to me says a lot, lets not forget the offer from Essendon wasn't that bad, you reckon 1 more year is "security" hmmmm not too sure about that...but anyway I'm over the nastiness of bagging the club or saying "poor management" crap, move on and lets look to next year. Lets hope they can at leats get something for him.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I'd take Dalhaus for Crameri. That would be my deal !

Gringo I assume they will be thinking with Joe Daniher coming on and if they can ever get 3 consecutive weeks out of Hurley we have forwards surplus to supply. However you still need mobile running forwards like Crameri. I always liked this bloke.

I have noticed over the last months of the season that he seemed reluctant to overhead mark. Perhaps he has a shonky shoulder and that is why we are allowing him to walk.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber