Trade rumours

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Trade rumours

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
The Eagles are a part of the rumour mill of player swaps, with players such as Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff, Scott Selwood and Jack Darling unofficially linked to eastern states clubs.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2uzva.html

I'd take any of those midfielders; Darling would be interesting to consider.
If we're fairdinkum about the trade period then Jack Darling should be a priority. An absolute priority.
Essendunny
fogdog
Top Up Player

Post by fogdog »

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
The Eagles are a part of the rumour mill of player swaps, with players such as Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff, Scott Selwood and Jack Darling unofficially linked to eastern states clubs.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2uzva.html

I'd take any of those midfielders; Darling would be interesting to consider.
If we're fairdinkum about the trade period then Jack Darling should be a priority. An absolute priority.
Shuey is being very much chased by Paul Roos.

And I read there were a few into Darling too.

The only eagle I reckon would be traded is Shephard.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I know we have been linked to a lot of players but will we end up getting anyone or as usual is it all talk?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

not sure why we would want Darling? unless you want Hurley to go and stay down back...

as much as I don't like Shuey I think he is the one we should be chasing
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:not sure why we would want Darling? unless you want Hurley to go and stay down back...
We need someone who can kick goals :wink:
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:not sure why we would want Darling? unless you want Hurley to go and stay down back...
No ... we need some one who can kick reasonably well to players who can kick goals ... apart from the dysfunctional forward line - the entry into the forward line to (1) advantage and (2) a decent kicking position ... is our biggest defect ... deal with it

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Luke Shuey being touted ... as a 2013 or 2014 trade

Would love it but we have nothing to offer this year (Jetta and Gumby is the best we have) ... sigh!

s'd
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Truth is we have less than anypne elae in the league to offer. So unless its a free agent we will be pretty quiet.

Expecting a pick for crams and perhaps a 1 year contract to someone like chapman. And thats about it.

Crameri trade will come through late
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
No ... we need some one who can kick reasonably well to players who can kick goals ... apart from the dysfunctional forward line - the entry into the forward line to (1) advantage and (2) a decent kicking position ... is our biggest defect ... deal with it

s'd
I don't think that anywhere near accurate. Most of the entries are good. It's just that the big logs that occupy our forward line either drop the mark, or the over run it. Hurley is an expert at it.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

s'd
I don't think that anywhere near accurate. Most of the entries are good. It's just that the big logs that occupy our forward line either drop the mark, or the over run it. Hurley is an expert at it.
Most of Hurley's leads are at about 60-75 m out on the boundary line ... his better ones are at 45 m on the boundary line sorry ... forgot the 10+ per game high leading marking options (ie delivered lace up 7-8 m above the ground) provided to Davey or Jetta who would need a stepladder to snaffle these "opportunities"
Still believe delivery is an issue..

s'd
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

s'd
Most of Hurley's leads are at about 60-75 m out on the boundary line ... his better ones are at 45 m on the boundary line sorry ... forgot the 10+ per game high leading marking options (ie delivered lace up 7-8 m above the ground) provided to Davey or Jetta who would need a stepladder to snaffle these "opportunities"
Still believe delivery is an issue..

s'd
Most inside 50's would have been delivered by Goddard, Stanton, Heppell, Jobe and Zaka. All decent kicks with good disposal efficiency.

It must be hard for someone approaching our forward line and seeing someone who has no idea how to lead, who over commits and misses the ball, or who generally stays put to wrestle with his opponent. I mean, how good would it be if someone actually times their lead so that they could actually meet the ball?

You can't have someone play 3 seasons as our key forward and only kick a season high 27 goals in those 3 seasons. It's rubbish.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I really do want Hurley to go back and stay there. And I'm not really a fan of Hooker as the number 2 key defender. Darling and Daniher would be a very good pairing.

As for the reasons why we suck, I think it was both the players receiving the kick (Benny is right on Hurley not knowing how to lead; funny about that...) and at times the delivery.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Tigers have traded pick 28 for Shaun Hampson.

In summary the Tigers are idiots, kudos to the Blues for getting a 2nd round pick for a bloke they most likely would have otherwise delisted, and the Western Bulldogs are kidding themselves if they think pick 22 is fair compensation for Crameri.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ealesy wrote:Tigers have traded pick 28 for Shaun Hampson.

In summary the Tigers are idiots, kudos to the Blues for getting a 2nd round pick for a bloke they most likely would have otherwise delisted, and the Western Bulldogs are kidding themselves if they think pick 22 is fair compensation for Crameri.
Has that trade actually gone through? I heard it has but no-one is posting it up on websites or anything

Mark "infractions" Stevens is saying Essendon has "spat the dummy" and stopped talking to the Doggies due to wanting more then pick 22, god he loves Essendon, any other team it would be "playing hardball" or "holding out" but nooooooo Essendon has spat the dummy..... #flog

Essendon want pick 13-17 for what it's worth

we should take 22 and also trade later picks if we want something more
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Agree, however, on Crameri, not worth a top 10 pick and EFC is not in a great bargaining position.
However, the Doggies do need talls, so maybe a sweetener to the deal by offering Crameri and either Gumby or Pears...then I think we are in with a shot at picks 4 + 22
I think this is overs for what the Doggies should pay, but it will fill a significant gap in their list.
Crammers is gone regardless and Gumby & Pears are both on the outs struggling to get regular senior action even when fully fit...
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Be fair - the tiges thought they were getting Megan Gale as part of the deal

s'd
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I'd like it if we got a player with the crameri deal. If not from the dogs via a third party trade or trading on pick 22.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Sewell potentially up for trade. Don't think we have much need of him though.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Went off Sewell after he deliberately sank his teeth into Lloydy's shoulder in 2009. The nasty bugger! :wink:
It just fell out of the sky
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Apparently Jetta has requested to be traded.

Don't know what is more surprising.

1. That he thinks we care

2. That someone has expressed an interest in picking him up.