Hartlett

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Hartlett

Post by Sismis »

Is there any out of contract player we are not into?

I would LOVE to poach one of theirs though.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hartlett

Post by Gimps »

I'd have him, but depends on the particulars of his long-term contract.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

I'm all for taking one of theirs but not if he's on too much money.. We're just starting to put together a good young list. last thing we need is to pay overs to players from other clubs. We should get whoever we can that will improve our best 22 for decent wages. Obviously there are players out there that warrant paying huge money to but is Hamish Hartlett one of them? I'm not sure he is.... He hasn't had a great season this year, he is no certainty to have a great year next year. It's not like the cats who payed big money to Dangerfield where he was awesome that year and you knew he'd be awesome again this year. Hartlett playing at his best would look fantastic in Red and Black! If we can work a deal that doesn't cost us pick 1 and Koshie still has to pay a chunk of his wage then I'm all for it!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Injury prone isn't he?
He's a solid & tough midfielder, but I'd like to see his injury history.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Is this the most active we have ever been???
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:Is this the most active we have ever been???
I think so. We had footy departments that wanted to "grow our own talent" attitudes by putting their faith in the drafted hopes of Hislop, Bullen, Bannister, Paul Thomas, Bolton, Lonergan, Jetta etc and as a result, never really entered serious trade discussions for years.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

In terms of a percentage play, I am far more comfortable giving up the Hibberd pick or Hartlett than our Number 1 for O'Meara. Maybe not the same upside but then neither is the potential downside.

With a player like McCluggage likely to come on board, our Mid field rotation looks damn good with or without O'Meara.

Hartlett could be an excellent rebounding half back that will actually complement the current list in an equally important way.

Would have liked a crack at O'Meara but for the cost in picks and cash, never really sat well with me given the injury cloud he carries.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I think we'll still have to do some decent trading of picks to get Hartlett. They wanted 2 X 1st rounders for him last year. Tipping they'll still want at least one 1st rounder. We may be a slight sniff if we hand over 19 & 27, but doubt it.

Gold Coast, our main competition, has picks 4 & 8 at their disposal. Will make it tough for us if they are willing to part with either of those.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

you dont part with the VC after just giving him a 5 yr deal and knocking back to first rd picks for him last year without good cause.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

DC2 wrote:you dont part with the VC after just giving him a 5 yr deal and knocking back to first rd picks for him last year without good cause.
Tipping he rooted Hinkley's daughter or something of that ilk.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gimps wrote:
DC2 wrote:you dont part with the VC after just giving him a 5 yr deal and knocking back to first rd picks for him last year without good cause.
Boaks wife.

Hilariously ironic if we nab him.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Boaks wife.

for real??

i assume the irony is in relation to the real reason ryder left that you alluded to. how come the media never reported on the real reason and just made out he wanted a freshstart?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Boaks wife.

for real??

i assume the irony is in relation to the real reason ryder left that you alluded to. how come the media never reported on the real reason and just made out he wanted a freshstart?
Surely you're not questioning the convenient supplement saga story being used to blame everything that happened at Essendon in th last 4 years?

Even Ryder and his missus dined out on the story by using it to escape...
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote:
DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Boaks wife.

for real??

Surely you're not questioning the convenient supplement saga story being used to blame everything that happened at Essendon in th last 4 years?

Even Ryder and his missus dined out on the story by using it to escape...
no, but the media love these juicy stories
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Boaks wife.

for real??

After hearing some of the things I've heard recently I'm even more convinced the AFL "media" is a load of crap.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote:
DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Boaks wife.

for real??

After hearing some of the things I've heard recently I'm even more convinced the AFL "media" is a load of crap.
As in they are AFL mouthpieces?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Sorry Sis missed that question.

Yeah pretty much and to be honest can you blame them? Their accreditation is dictated to by the AFL, why would they bite the hand that feeds them?
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Boaks wife.

for real??

Just call me Wayne.......................................................................
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

We need more midfield depth.

Look at the top sides. Seriously to win a grand final we'll need to match a group like the giants, swans, doggies etc.

Hartlett should be a target at the right price definitely.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Spoke to at least 5 members of the media at a function at the footy tonight. All of them said the mail was strong re Hartlett coming to Essendon.

I think GC will trump us on coin and trade value. Just depends on what he wants.