Fletch jnr

patoman
On the Rookie List

Fletch jnr

Post by patoman »

Is Fletchers oldest son up for the draft this year? I seem to recall he is?? I believe he was going well before having some injuries? If he is available what pick will we need to use to get him?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Fletch jnr

Post by s'dreams »

patoman wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:37 pm Is Fletchers oldest son up for the draft this year? I seem to recall he is?? I believe he was going well before having some injuries? If he is available what pick will we need to use to get him?
I've heard that he is considered a bit raw and underweight to go early in the draft. Also clubs will be wary of a player with spinal stress fractures.

So a late draft pick or even a rookie pick would likely do it (that's what I saw earlier in the year in some article).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

s'dreams wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:37 am
patoman wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:37 pm Is Fletchers oldest son up for the draft this year? I seem to recall he is?? I believe he was going well before having some injuries? If he is available what pick will we need to use to get him?
I've heard that he is considered a bit raw and underweight to go early in the draft. Also clubs will be wary of a player with spinal stress fractures.

So a late draft pick or even a rookie pick would likely do it (that's what I saw earlier in the year in some article).
Cheers mate🍻 thanks for that
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Missed most of the year with stress fractures in his back. If the club wants him, he will be a rookie pick I'd imagine, same goes for Matt Neagle.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

ealesy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 pm Missed most of the year with stress fractures in his back. If the club wants him, he will be a rookie pick I'd imagine, same goes for Matt Neagle.
What’s the estimate pick Fletch would warrant if in the draft? I thought I heard / saw someone say he’d easily be a 1st round pick. If we get him as a rookie, that’s nuts!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Well seeing he missed pretty much his entire U18 year with injury, hard to see him being anymore than a late round/rookie draft pick....no idea where this talk of him being a potential 1st round pick is coming from.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

ealesy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm Well seeing he missed pretty much his entire U18 year with injury, hard to see him being anymore than a late round/rookie draft pick....no idea where this talk of him being a potential 1st round pick is coming from.
Fletch himself maybe? (proud dad and all) ... no one else. Even when playing, he is a bit raw and underweight for a 1st (these days expected to play in first year).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

ealesy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm Well seeing he missed pretty much his entire U18 year with injury, hard to see him being anymore than a late round/rookie draft pick....no idea where this talk of him being a potential 1st round pick is coming from.
I think there was some article raving about his ability. But that could have been some lame journo with no idea for all I know...
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 pm
I think there was some article raving about his ability. But that could have been some lame journo with no idea for all I know...
Probably the latter...
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Cal Twomey, who now Emma Quayle has gone to club land, is the guy I listen most to about the draft and potential draftees, has Mason Fletcher going as a rookie, if I'm not mistaken.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

I seem to recall that article as well... think that’s why I was excited he was up for draft this year.. I also seem to recall a skinny tall underdeveloped fella playing great in his first years a the club... oh wait that was Fletch snr!! :lol: hope he slips through to rookie and in years to come everyone says how did that happen??? Go Bombers!! Bring on 2019 already!! vingertje
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Max Fletcher (Dusty younger son) has just been added to the Calder Cannons summer training squad at age 15. If he was to make the team and play a significant amount of under 18 football next year as a 16 year old that would be a good sign for us.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 am Max Fletcher (Dusty younger son) has just been added to the Calder Cannons summer training squad at age 15. If he was to make the team and play a significant amount of under 18 football next year as a 16 year old that would be a good sign for us.
Who is regarded as the better footballer of the two?