The 'unsigning' of Dunkley

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

The 'unsigning' of Dunkley

Post by desmondo »

Reckon the Dogs are greedy fkrs turning down pick 7 plus future 2nd rounder (in what is already being purported to be a 'super' draft, that will run deep).

See you next year Josh. :wink:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: The 'unsigning' of Dunkley

Post by s'dreams »

desmondo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:23 pm Reckon the Dogs are greedy fkrs turning down pick 7 plus future 2nd rounder (in what is already being purported to be a 'super' draft, that will run deep).

It is only because Collingwood is paying a fair chunk of Treloar's contract over the next few years that the dogs can afford to keep Dunkley.

Just WTF is going on at collingwood? Still Maigpie supporters tears and rage is priceless
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

desmondo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:23 pm Reckon the Dogs are greedy fkrs turning down pick 7 plus future 2nd rounder (in what is already being purported to be a 'super' draft, that will run deep).

Fair play to Dogs & Bombers.
We offered what we reckoned was a good deal - didn't cave.
Dogs had him contracted and wanted overs - didn't cave.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

By the way....Dunkley was never "the answer".
He may meet an immediate need, but wouldn't cover the glaring holes we have in attack, and our looming key defensive deficiencies.
Hopefully we can cover those through the Draft in the next year or two, by which time we'll have drafted the "big mid" we want or have another crack at him if he's still relevant. Or if it's not him, we'll have enough capital to target an elite mid.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

The AFL is threatening a "mini draft" when all the rules about list sizes, salary caps and drafting requirements are finalised.

Insane that they didn't sort that out before trade week.

Dunkley could still be ours
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:52 pm The AFL is threatening a "mini draft" when all the rules about list sizes, salary caps and drafting requirements are finalised.

Bonkers 🤯
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:52 pm The AFL is threatening a "mini draft" when all the rules about list sizes, salary caps and drafting requirements are finalised.

Threatening who exactly?

Sounds to me as though State Leagues take another hit and Get Nothing in Return!

:evil: #-o :roll: :-&
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

Whilst Dunkley would have been a super addition I’m happier investing in a core trio coming through together with better than average luck at selecting high draft picks. As long as it’s not another Gumbleton, McAlister type draft.
The pressure will be off for instant success
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

bpdons wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:28 am Whilst Dunkley would have been a super addition I’m happier investing in a core trio coming through together with better than average luck at selecting high draft picks. As long as it’s not another Gumbleton, McAlister type draft.
While lots of clubs are bleating about not being able to see the 2020 group in competition, nearly all the players who would be drafted have been followed by recruiters and spotters for a number of years.

Whoever gets drafted - please make sure the buggers have excellent disposal skills. That is possibly the biggest shortcoming on our list.

I'd also lean towards mids over KPPs and also look towards Tassie/Vic/Riverina seeing how homesickness is resulting in lots of young players wanting to go home before they are free agents.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:13 am
bpdons wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:28 am Whilst Dunkley would have been a super addition I’m happier investing in a core trio coming through together with better than average luck at selecting high draft picks. As long as it’s not another Gumbleton, McAlister type draft.
While lots of clubs are bleating about not being able to see the 2020 group in competition, nearly all the players who would be drafted have been followed by recruiters and spotters for a number of years.

Whoever gets drafted - please make sure the buggers have excellent disposal skills. That is possibly the biggest shortcoming on our list.
100%

I don’t give a fig that they can shuttle run, repeat sprint, vertically jump from standing or running, or run a 3km time trial.

I just wanna know, can they f****** play under pressure, and can they f****** kick.

Cheers 🍻
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:52 am

100%

I don’t give a fig that they can shuttle run, repeat sprint, vertically jump from standing or running, or run a 3km time trial.

I just wanna know, can they f****** play under pressure, and can they f****** kick.

Cheers 🍻
Spot on!

All this Horseshit coming out of Draft Camps really gives me the Shits and it’s ALL AWFULL’s FAULT AS ALWAYS!

All that stuff should be covered from within each footballer anyway.Somewhere is a lost art called Skills!

And the kids(or Club Talent Scouts more like)are preoccupied by all that other Shit?Spare me!

#-o :roll: :evil: :-&
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Dunkley is 23?

Plenty of time to bring him in. But in the meantime we can start to rebuild with quality youth in readiness for players of Dunkley’s ilk.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I'd also lean towards mids over KPPs and also look towards Tassie/Vic/Riverina seeing how homesickness is resulting in lots of young players wanting to go home before they are free agents.
Both of our likely Academy selections (Cody Brand & Josh Eyre) are KPP's, so you'd think we'd head more for mids in the Draft.
Although lots of talk of us using 2 picks to trade for overall No.2 pick to hopefully get Logan McDonald who everyone is raving about as AFL ready.