Club Captain

Re: News just in Crams and Bell

Post by Royza »

Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Beauty!!

Now to lock Crammers in!! I think TB resigning could have been the piece in the puzzle that EFC were waiting on before being able to go back and offer up maybe a little more to Crammers. Lets see....
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

mds wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:Dunno about all the BS annd excuses flying about ...

Based on expectations and pay check
* Hurley was meant to be a modern day Duck Carey
* Crameri was meant to be a modern day Modera

Both have fallen way short of the hype ...

Now maybe its the gameplan or maybe its the delivery into the F50 or maybe its the injuries ... but its hard to excuse games where there have been 60-80 F50 entries for 20-30 scoring shots ... with many of these being behinds ... something aint working and it needs to be fixed...

s'd
Crameri a modern day Modra? Say what?
The person who made the comparison between Carey and Modra, has obviously been taking peptides.
f*** the peptides ... I'll stick to the 52% alcohol by volume rice wine thanks (for 22 yuan or about 4 Au$ for a 500 ml bottle ... its the only thing keeping me sane in September in China given we don't feature in finals this year ... for Gawds sake)

Modera comparison was some SEN turkey who noted that the Bomber's leading goal kicker wasnt a power forward, wasn't a tall and wasn't a milne type small ... thus the Modra comparison ... Suspect it was the SEN Milne who said it (but could be wrong)...

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Fantastic .... best news Ive heard for a while

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Now for the announcement of Crameri and the package is complete.
Bellchambers - Old news lol
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Great.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

DC2 wrote:if crameri goes we should sign yarran. He can be that pace and class we need to rotate through the midfield.

In fact we should get him regardless, maybe for gumby if carlscum will bite.
He can also be a flog who does nothing for 5 or 6 weeks.
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

s'dreams wrote:
mds wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:Dunno about all the BS annd excuses flying about ...

Based on expectations and pay check
* Hurley was meant to be a modern day Duck Carey
* Crameri was meant to be a modern day Modera

Both have fallen way short of the hype ...

Now maybe its the gameplan or maybe its the delivery into the F50 or maybe its the injuries ... but its hard to excuse games where there have been 60-80 F50 entries for 20-30 scoring shots ... with many of these being behinds ... something aint working and it needs to be fixed...

s'd
Crameri a modern day Modra? Say what?
The person who made the comparison between Carey and Modra, has obviously been taking peptides.
f*** the peptides ... I'll stick to the 52% alcohol by volume rice wine thanks (for 22 yuan or about 4 Au$ for a 500 ml bottle ... its the only thing keeping me sane in September in China given we don't feature in finals this year ... for Gawds sake)

Modera comparison was some SEN turkey who noted that the Bomber's leading goal kicker wasnt a power forward, wasn't a tall and wasn't a milne type small ... thus the Modra comparison ... Suspect it was the SEN Milne who said it (but could be wrong)...

s'd
Geezus, that stuff is bloody rocket fuel. Do not put a candle in your mouth and light it, you could end up in another part of the world.
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

j-mac31 wrote:
DC2 wrote:if crameri goes we should sign yarran. He can be that pace and class we need to rotate through the midfield.

We've already got a couple of those.
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

j-mac31 wrote:

H'mm we've already got a couple of those. Maybe we could set up a timetable and work out times.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

mds wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

H'mm we've already got a couple of those. Maybe we could set up a timetable and work out times.
This was well known about Yarran from his WAFL days - huge talent but lazy - could rely purely on talent so never worked hard enough. Best solution for him would be to go to the Dockers - get the Micheal Walters treatment and find out if he has the stones to handle it. As mentioned we have enough blokes that go missing and we need hard players not soft outside runners!!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

s'dreams wrote:
Fantastic .... best news Ive heard for a while

s'd
This resigning is so significant in light of all the recent bullshit. Sends out a clear message regarding the current thinking within the club. Bad luck to Caro and all the vultures who tried to drive a wedge between the club, the players, the coaching staff and the goodly Doc. Came up short on all counts!!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Great news about Belly - we cannot afford to let nutured talent of his like leave at this stage.

With him and J.D. lurking in the forward line it will put the frighteners on any defensive unit. Add the bash-and-crash style of Hurley and we have a potentially strong forward set-up.

Carlisle is another 200cm option.

What we now need is a small who can chase, tackle and kick goals. This has to be our recruitment priority over the break. If it costs us Crammers - so be it - as much as I'd like to keep him.

Our next biggest priority is a forward plan and a forward or senior coach who can realise that potential.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Totally agree that we need a genuine small forward who is able to kick bags of goals and terrorise opposition defenders. If crammers leaves should we have a look at someone like Geelong's Mitch Brown or Billie Smedts that can't seem to get into the Cats forward line?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Smedts has played a bit so might be worth a look, I don't know anything about Brown. Chapman would be handy at a cheap price if he does leave.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

hop wrote:Great news about Belly - we cannot afford to let nutured talent of his like leave at this stage.

With him and J.D. lurking in the forward line it will put the frighteners on any defensive unit. Add the bash-and-crash style of Hurley and we have a potentially strong forward set-up.

What we now need is a small who can chase, tackle and kick goals. This has to be our recruitment priority over the break. If it costs us Crammers - so be it - as much as I'd like to keep him.

Our next biggest priority is a forward plan and a forward or senior coach who can realise that potential.
I'd actually say having a forward plan should be the first priority. If we get that right maybe we don't need any other players (after all, we were doing fine for most of the season). Mind you, I do reckon we need a potent small forward, I'm just hoping Kommer or Merrett or Colyer or someone will become that consistently.
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

j-mac31 wrote:Smedts has played a bit so might be worth a look, I don't know anything about Brown. Chapman would be handy at a cheap price if he does leave.
Chapman will probably look seriously at retiring.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

mds wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:Smedts has played a bit so might be worth a look, I don't know anything about Brown. Chapman would be handy at a cheap price if he does leave.
Chapman will probably look seriously at retiring.
Chapman has said he wants to play on next year, even if Geelong don't re-sign him.

C Scott has said that they may get rid of several older players, so perhaps guys like Smedts and Brown will be getting more opportunities and not want to leave.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

nudder12 wrote:
hop wrote:Great news about Belly - we cannot afford to let nutured talent of his like leave at this stage.

I'd actually say having a forward plan should be the first priority. If we get that right maybe we don't need any other players (after all, we were doing fine for most of the season). Mind you, I do reckon we need a potent small forward, I'm just hoping Kommer or Merrett or Colyer or someone will become that consistently.

That Angus Monphries bloke seems to understand the Port game plan pretty well, perhaps he could help us as well. 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I was a fan of Gus but getting rid of him wasn't a bad move.

Break down his year. He had 1 stellar game (Geelong), 1 Good game (Us but 3 of his 4 goals were cheapies) and beat up on Melbourne and GWS. Thats 17 goals in 4 games. Seems pretty good eh?

Cept he kicked 22 from 20 for the rest of the year. All while averaging a tick around 17 disposals a game.

If he's a small forward then that's an average return. If he's a midfielder that's a below average return especially with his disposal.

Gus was and is a solid player. You know what you're gonna get from him. Around 15-18 disposals and a goal a game. Which is fine if your after a player like that.

None of the top 4 would be after a player like that though.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.