Off-season targets 2015

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Off-season targets 2015

Post by Crazyman »

F111 wrote:I see your point, but I think you're dreamin'. That calibre of player is not coming to Essendon. It makes it a null argument.
That is the whole point though F111, everyone is saying getting rid of Hurley is akin to committing one of the 7 deadly sins for the vitriol being dished out...
Honestly, if EFC want any chance of landing a big fish, they will have to give up an equally big fish and I can only think of 2 players right now with that kind of that currency in Heppell and Hurley, but maybe these others think Heppell should be traded first :roll:
Sure, Carlisle has some currency, but reality is that EFC have a very weak bargaining position cause he is OOC at the end of the year
Ergo, it is my opinion that Hurley would be the better currency in a trade...

I will say this for the last time - I do not want to trade either of them, but if a trade is to occur...it cannot be Carlisle for what the club needs
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:I reckon GWS would take Carlisle, as a key position backman.

Send him up there and throw the kitchen sink at Treloar.
Yep. Aish seems more gettable at the moment, but he hasn't done anything at AFL level yet.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also the last week gives me serious doubt as to whether it's worth going after Dixon from the GC.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac31 wrote:

Yep. Aish seems more gettable at the moment, but he hasn't done anything at AFL level yet.
I watch almost every Lions game. WTF is the excitement about Aish?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

j-mac31 wrote:Also the last week gives me serious doubt as to whether it's worth going after Dixon from the GC.
Go back a page, you'll see that I made the call on Dixon prior to last weeks' events. Cupido MkII, but maybe not as much white powder.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

I watch almost every Lions game. WTF is the excitement about Aish?
I don't know. Highly rated coming into the league, I guess he's missed enough games and is away from Melbourne so there's not a lot of real attention paid to him.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Wish played very well last year for a first year player.

He has been in and out of the Brisbane team this year and been subbed/subbed out a couple of times mainly because Brisbane knows he's gone at the end of the season so why bother developing him further for another club to reap the rewards.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Seems we are in serious talks with Zac Smith from the GC- Not sure why considering I think we should keep TB and Giles and Mckernan are contracted. Unless we are wanting to make McKernan a forward with Joey and send Carlisle back in defence?

Dempsey is a free agent (and native Queenslander) and could be involved in any possible trade...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

How about we target some forwards? You know, some guys who can take a mark and kick a goal. Or one that can read / crumb a pack and run into open goals? Jake Stringer, Tom Boyd, Chad Wingard, Luke Beust will do.

Can we NOT recruit a defender and try to turn them into a forward. Thanks.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'll take Scott Selwood thanks.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Matty Leunberger or Matty Kreuzer as FA pick ups in the ruck???.(they both still uncontracted?)
I havent watched any scum games recently, but it seems fortunate that as soon as Kreuzer is back in the side they are playing much better footy.

Leunberger has had injuries but might be a better bet than tbc who has been disappointing.

Giles must be worthless if he couldnt get a gig in Perth when TBC was just woeful
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

little_ripper wrote:Matty Leunberger or Matty Kreuzer as FA pick ups in the ruck???.(they both still uncontracted?)
I havent watched any scum games recently, but it seems fortunate that as soon as Kreuzer is back in the side they are playing much better footy.

Leunberger has had injuries but might be a better bet than tbc who has been disappointing.

Giles must be worthless if he couldnt get a gig in Perth when TBC was just woeful
Don't we have enough injury prone spuds? :shock:
We need to finally do something smart in the draft.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Z Smith or 15 games from Luenberger can't be worse than Bellchambers this year.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Need a very good young mid and a good smaller, crumbing forward.

Prestia and Motlop is what we should be after, forget this shit about Zac Smith.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Don't know how genuine this is but a lot of talk last night that we may be involved in a Geelong trade with Adelaide for Dangerfield... The Cats need two first round picks and may move Motlop on to us for ours... we would then perhaps get a second round pick back from possibly the Crows. Doubt Motlop would want to come to us but the thought of him in red and black sounds lovely (plus Geel used the pick on him that we gave them for Prismall...)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Don't know how genuine this is but a lot of talk last night that we may be involved in a Geelong trade with Adelaide for Dangerfield... The Cats need two first round picks and may move Motlop on to us for ours... we would then perhaps get a second round pick back from possibly the Crows. Doubt Motlop would want to come to us but the thought of him in red and black sounds lovely (plus Geel used the pick on him that we gave them for Prismall...)
How about we get Dangerfield, we give Geelong our first 2 picks, and they give Motlop to Adelaide...
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Don't know how genuine this is but a lot of talk last night that we may be involved in a Geelong trade with Adelaide for Dangerfield... The Cats need two first round picks and may move Motlop on to us for ours... we would then perhaps get a second round pick back from possibly the Crows. Doubt Motlop would want to come to us but the thought of him in red and black sounds lovely (plus Geel used the pick on him that we gave them for Prismall...)
I'd take Motlop in a second.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
How about we get Dangerfield, we give Geelong our first 2 picks, and they give Motlop to Adelaide...
Or better yet, how about we give our first 2 picks to Adelaide for Danger and leave Geelong hanging...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

If the recent problems on the Gold coast don't scream trade table( experienced players for young guns) I don't know what does.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ARCN wrote:The realistic option I think we should definitely be pursuing is Charlie Dixon, a big target up forward and a proven bag kicker. Would also solve the second ruck problem and the do you play Hurley or Carlisle forward or back argument.

*** Hooker Carlisle
*** Hurley ***
*** Daniher ****
*** Dixon ***
Belchambers *** ***

Plus I believed that he'd be a free agent (possibly) despite Gold Coast not being in the competition for long enough due to him being signed from the formation when they ere only an under 19 team in the TAC cup.
Dixon is an essential target. Must go hard at him.

The diabolical lack of forward line options on our list is mind numbing. How the f*** did it ever get to this?

Obviously need and love to get Danger, but we need a Dixon just as desperately. So get both!
Essendunny