O'Meara

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: O'Meara

Post by Gimps »

patoman wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:There's a school of thought that the top 4 rated players in this year's draft are pretty much of a muchness. McCluggage being the most recent standout of the 4. The others being Ainsworth, Bridie and Mcgrath.

As such, some ate suggesting we trade our picks 1, 19 answer 37 to GCS for their picks 4, 8 and JOM.

That's not such a bad deal and keeps us in line for one of the Top 4 plus, importantly another pick in the top 8.

And of course O'Meara
I'd be rapt with that deal! I do like the sound of mcluggage and I can't wait to see us get our first ever #1 pick! However picking up Omera and swapping 1 19 for 4&8 would be a big win for the club. Assuming we don't spend the next ten years watching mcluggage become the best player of the comp in a GCS top :shock: #-o
You're both on drugs if you think GC would agree to that.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy, just received a message from Robbie67. He reckons you've overtaken Filthy as the biggest dimwit on the site. Stick to gardening.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Hearing from a source currently very close to the inner sanctum at GC that O'Meara is Hawthorn bound subject to the final deal of course.

Expect the Hawks to offer players and future draft picks. Doubt it will appease GC but it will force Essendon's hand.

I've also heard that Mitchell to Hawthorn is not a done deal.
Can I ask when you heard that?

Because that whole situation sounds like it'd be fascinating to be a fly on the wall in Sydney.
Re O'Meara ...via a friend currently working with the Suns high performance team. It's his opinion only and not an official club position necessarily

The Mitchell situation is now being reported in the media
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:Windy, just received a message from Robbie67. He reckons you've overtaken Filthy as the biggest dimwit on the site. Stick to gardening.

It's not an Oscar but an honour nevertheless to be recognised in any way by the great man
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
patoman wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:There's a school of thought that the top 4 rated players in this year's draft are pretty much of a muchness. McCluggage being the most recent standout of the 4. The others being Ainsworth, Bridie and Mcgrath.

As such, some ate suggesting we trade our picks 1, 19 answer 37 to GCS for their picks 4, 8 and JOM.

That's not such a bad deal and keeps us in line for one of the Top 4 plus, importantly another pick in the top 8.

And of course O'Meara
I'd be rapt with that deal! I do like the sound of mcluggage and I can't wait to see us get our first ever #1 pick! However picking up Omera and swapping 1 19 for 4&8 would be a big win for the club. Assuming we don't spend the next ten years watching mcluggage become the best player of the comp in a GCS top :shock: #-o
You're both on drugs if you think GC would agree to that.
They could lose JOM for nothing so in reality they're getting a whole lot. More importantly, to refuse such an offer would also make it easier for the player to go "f*** you" and go the PSD route. Essendon can hardly be accused of playing unfairly when offering the number 1 Pick as part of a deal. It would also make it very hard for Hawthorn to match the offer.

Having said this...still not 100% clear on JOM's medical status so remain reserved about the whole issue
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Would be 1, 19, 37 for 4 and O'Meara at best. They might throw in their 3rd or 4th if we push.

They think O'Meara is worth two first rounders, right or wrong, they're giving up him (2 picks) and 4 & 8, that's four first round picks for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Even if you discount one first pick off O'Meara's worth, that's three first rounders for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

C7 news report "Hawthorn is the front runner"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:C7 news report "Hawthorn is the front runner"
Yes, apparently they're the front runners for Tom Mitchell, Ty Vickery, Jack Reiwoldt, Travis Cloke, Jaeger O'Meara, Hamish Hartlett and Brent Harvey. Plenty of room in their salary cap for all of them, while maintaining everyone else on their current list...
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Would love to get Jaeger, but let the Dawks have him if we can have Mitchell instead :wink:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

New mail this morning from a mate at The Age.

They think O'Meara is close to a done deal at Hawthorn, and are backing up their source as being very creditable.

Hartlett is definitely a chance of making a move. Likely GC or us.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Slobbo just reported in H/S that O'meara has chosen the Dawks.
Nevermind we will stick to our FIT, young , potential stars.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

im glad. i dont trust his body for our first rd pick.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

DC2 wrote:im glad. i dont trust his body for our first rd pick.
I'm hoping we dodged a bullet.

Still think we need to make aggressive plays for other "gun" players to show we mean business.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Hopefully he'll be Daisy Thomas MkII
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I reckon Gold Coast are crazy enough to send him to the PSD if they don't get what they want from Launceston.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BERT wrote:I reckon Gold Coast are crazy enough to send him to the PSD if they don't get what they want from Launceston.
Whorethorn ALWAYS get these deals done. They will offer decent players for better ones. Remember Carlisle?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Gimps wrote:Hopefully he'll be Daisy Thomas MkII
And not Shaun Burgoyne MkII
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:Windy, just received a message from Robbie67. He reckons you've overtaken Filthy as the biggest dimwit on the site.
Let's not say things we can't take back.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

j-mac31 wrote:
Gimps wrote:Windy, just received a message from Robbie67. He reckons you've overtaken Filthy as the biggest dimwit on the site.
Let's not say things we can't take back.
Just passing on a message..
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ronny Rotten wrote:Slobbo just reported in H/S that O'meara has chosen the Dawks.
Nevermind we will stick to our FIT, young , potential stars.
Dammitt,bloody Colin Young did this! :evil: