Ins & Outs

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ins & Outs

Post by Crazyman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Royza wrote:Dea & Kelly offered contracts. Both are keen to remain with us. Nov 1 should be official.
One of the best things to come out of this whole saga =D>
Last edited by Crazyman on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:24 pm

Crazyman wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Kommer is cactus.

McKernan isn't.

Dempsey is still in the air.
Dempsey has shaved his beard. Definitely back IN
I guess he will be a whisker faster than this year...not that changes anything else...
If Demps survives this years cull I reckon he'd have to be one of the luckiest guys at the club. I make no secret that I love the Emu and I want him at the club next year but if you look at his year without the Emu colored glasses on he's not done enough to warrant another contract... 2017.... Year Of The Lucky Emu!!!! [-o< vingertje

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm very glad that Dea and Kelly want to return. Dea I'm not really surprised about, given he was overlooked by all clubs (including us) before this season but we gave him a chance and he played well. I am a littel surprised Kelly is back, but pleasantly so.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:37 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:I want us to retain Kommer.

He was good before he was injured
and only was right to go again in the last round of the season. In that game he showed his worth. He has a bit of mongrel in him and is one of those players that you need in every team. To me losing him is like losing Stephen Carey in the 80's.
He was not.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:03 pm

There have been 67 matches since he got injured at the end of 2013. He's only played in 3 of them. If we were a medical centre, he'd be first picked. List clogger.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:00 pm

BenDoolan wrote:There have been 67 matches since he got injured at the end of 2013. He's only played in 3 of them. If we were a medical centre, he'd be first picked. List clogger.
First time in awhile we agree old friend ;)
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:55 pm

I really likes Kommer as a players before he was injured but unfortunately, I think, the game might has passed him by.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:18 pm

I just reckon that for ANY ins this year the main pre-requisites need to be pace AND foot skills, both of which were badly lacking at stages this year, albeit with our rag-tag team.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Koby Stevens telling Dogs players he's signing with us.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:05 pm

boncer34 wrote:Koby Stevens telling Dogs players he's signing with us.
Hope not. Prismall Mk 2. Can't get a game with the premiers so how is he going to improve us?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:06 pm

That makes us his 3rd AFL Club.

Handy State League Player,but is he worth pursuing?

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:57 pm

grassy1 wrote:That makes us his 3rd AFL Club.

Handy State League Player,but is he worth pursuing?
Interestingly got brownlow votes in 3 of his 12 games this year, but got dropped repeatedly. Downhill skiier?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:36 am

BERT wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Koby Stevens telling Dogs players he's signing with us.
Hope not. Prismall Mk 2. Can't get a game with the premiers so how is he going to improve us?
Well actually Prismall did get a game with the Premiers but was nevet the same after his knee.

Club source dsmissed it tonight so I dunno. Maybe Stringer was trolling me telling me that.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:50 am

I thought list cloggers were players that entice you with promise but never quite deliver. Kommer did deliver when he played. He was good in the last round and in the VFL finals. His injury was chronic but if he is over it he may be worth keeping on the list. It sounds like his knee was quite bad but he is capable when right.
Regards

MH_Bomber

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 am

MH_Bomber wrote:I thought list cloggers were players that entice you with promise but never quite deliver. Kommer did deliver when he played. He was good in the last round and in the VFL finals. His injury was chronic but if he is over it he may be worth keeping on the list. It sounds like his knee was quite bad but he is capable when right.
Good in the last round?

9 touches 2 tackles 1 point 2 clangers and 0 1%'s.

Hate to see what you think a bad game is.

Also when did Kommer ever deliver? He's a small forward, he's kicked more then 1 goal in a game once. The bloke is overhyped because he can tackle, which is great, but when it's the only thing you do as a forward its not enough.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 am

I would have thought that someone that spends the majority of their time in a medical room rather than the footy field warrants the classic tag of list clogger.

A big hello to Courtney Johns, Scott Gumbleton, Andrew Lee, Alex Browne, Elliott Kavanagh...all of whom were previous winners of the medical room best & fairest awards. Nick Kommer has the distinction of winning back to back awards.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:45 am

BenDoolan wrote:I would have thought that someone that spends the majority of their time in a medical room rather than the footy field warrants the classic tag of list clogger.

A big hello to Courtney Johns, Scott Gumbleton, Andrew Lee, Alex Browne, Elliott Kavanagh...all of whom were previous winners of the medical room best & fairest awards. Nick Kommer has the distinction of winning back to back awards.
Bit harsh on the other to put Kavanagh in that category. The others were genuinely injured most of the time. Kavanagh was just junk.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Gimps wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I would have thought that someone that spends the majority of their time in a medical room rather than the footy field warrants the classic tag of list clogger.

Bit harsh on the other to put Kavanagh in that category. The others were genuinely injured most of the time. Kavanagh was just junk.
I thought we selected Kavanagh on the back of a chronic hamstring injury - which plagued him his entire career with us...

He was, as you said, junk though.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:02 am

List Clogger -(n)
Someone who remains part of a club whilst incapable or unable to play in first team football on a regular and consistent basis. This may be due to persistent injury woes, lack of ability, poor work ethic or any combination of these factors.

Examples include C.Johns, J.Laycock, B.Prismall, S.Harvey, S.Edwards, N.Kommer, etc...

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:33 pm

boncer34 wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:I thought list cloggers were players that entice you with promise but never quite deliver. Kommer did deliver when he played. He was good in the last round and in the VFL finals. His injury was chronic but if he is over it he may be worth keeping on the list. It sounds like his knee was quite bad but he is capable when right.
Good in the last round?

9 touches 2 tackles 1 point 2 clangers and 0 1%'s.

Hate to see what you think a bad game is.

Also when did Kommer ever deliver? He's a small forward, he's kicked more then 1 goal in a game once. The bloke is overhyped because he can tackle, which is great, but when it's the only thing you do as a forward its not enough.
Yep, didn't get the ball and didn't lay a ton of tackles. Let alone kick goals.