Hugh McCluggage

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hugh McCluggage

Post by Sismis »

Gimps wrote:If stats are as important as you make out, I think the above stats back up my claims quite well.
I can see how someone who didn't understand football could come to that conclusion.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:
Gimps wrote:If stats are as important as you make out, I think the above stats back up my claims quite well.
I can see how someone who didn't understand football could come to that conclusion.
Really? I think I explained my concerns about the kicking of McCluggage by actually watching him play. And that McGrath was a better kick, by watching him play. You then put up stats that shows McGrath with a better kicking %. I don't rate stats that highly, but on this occasion, they strengthen my argument.

What's your concern here? Are you going to say that McCluggage gets more ball through the middle, which may lead to more perceived pressure? If so, it may have a slight impact on the %. But nothing impacts on the fact that I have watched both of them actually play, and saw McCluggage's difficiency with my own eyes.

I look forward to your rebuttal.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

High possession mids have lower efficiency. Check out Dangerfield's and Martin's.Halfbacks tend to have higher.

At no stage did I say McGrath wasn't a better kick. By all accounts he is a great kick and is extremely good at kicking out. But noone (aside from mastercoach Gimps) has any issue with McCluggage's kicking.

McCluggage can play as a natural forward, this is something we need. One of the other attributes that seems to come up a lot is his upside. He came from nowhere this year and most observers are saying there is plenty of improvement to come.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

four goals on Friday in the all star match.

Did anyone see it and how did he stack up compared to the others?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-30/d ... tars-clash
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Unless he bombs his interview we will take him with pick 1 should we still have it.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Gimps wrote:
Sismis wrote:
Really? I think I explained my concerns about the kicking of McCluggage by actually watching him play. And that McGrath was a better kick, by watching him play. You then put up stats that shows McGrath with a better kicking %. I don't rate stats that highly, but on this occasion, they strengthen my argument.

What's your concern here? Are you going to say that McCluggage gets more ball through the middle, which may lead to more perceived pressure? If so, it may have a slight impact on the %. But nothing impacts on the fact that I have watched both of them actually play, and saw McCluggage's difficiency with my own eyes.

I look forward to your rebuttal.

Having only viewed youtube highlights. McGrath heavily favours his preferred. Often handballs when caught on his non preferred.

McCluggage kicks equally well on both sides of his body, gets plenty of the ball and finds the goals.

McGrath's right foot is better though from what I could tell.

Best draft pick though could be that quick indigenous bloke from WA with the hyphenated last name.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

little_ripper wrote:

Best draft pick though could be that quick indigenous bloke from WA with the hyphenated last name.

Sam Petrevski-Seton