Hibberd

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12831
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 am

Hibberd

Post by Sismis » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:31 pm

May not be a done deal...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/michael ... 79efdb78e1

At the very least, this puts us in a great spot at the negotiation table.

Would love to keep him though...

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:48 pm

"Happy to stay at Essendon if deal can't be done"

Make up your mind. Either you're happy to stay or you're happy to go.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7680
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Hibberd

Post by Gimps » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:22 pm

It's a throwaway line. As if he will stay.

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by boncer34 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Will get done for a 2nd rounder.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
patoman
On the Rookie List
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by patoman » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Yep it's as close to a done deal as there can be. They have pick 26. We're prepared to accept pic 26. They seem prepared to offer pick 26. Can't see it not happening.

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7680
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Hibberd

Post by Gimps » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:00 pm

patoman wrote:Yep it's as close to a done deal as there can be. They have pick 26. We're prepared to accept pic 26. They seem prepared to offer pick 26. Can't see it not happening.
Let's push them to go a three-way. If Hartlett is up for grabs, get them to send 26 and a pick swap to Port, then we can add something to get it over the line be. Same goes for any other decent player. I think he's worth a 20-24 pick, can't really ask for much more.

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by boncer34 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Gimps wrote:
patoman wrote:Yep it's as close to a done deal as there can be. They have pick 26. We're prepared to accept pic 26. They seem prepared to offer pick 26. Can't see it not happening.
Let's push them to go a three-way. If Hartlett is up for grabs, get them to send 26 and a pick swap to Port, then we can add something to get it over the line be. Same goes for any other decent player. I think he's worth a 20-24 pick, can't really ask for much more.
Our first offer for Hartlett will be pick 37.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by DC2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
patoman wrote:Yep it's as close to a done deal as there can be. They have pick 26. We're prepared to accept pic 26. They seem prepared to offer pick 26. Can't see it not happening.
Let's push them to go a three-way. If Hartlett is up for grabs, get them to send 26 and a pick swap to Port, then we can add something to get it over the line be. Same goes for any other decent player. I think he's worth a 20-24 pick, can't really ask for much more.
Our first offer for Hartlett will be pick 37.
Is that how far he has fallen from grace?

last year 2 first rounders, to pick 37.

And once again we see hibberd leaving as a sign of a player who is disgruntled, with the headlines reading, "Hibberd want s a fresh start". More like he is using this as a way to leave early for more money if the club dont match. Seems like if Essendon matched Melb. offer he would stay. So its all about the money.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6431
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 pm

His Manager's Hip Pocket.

Or is it a Company,now? :roll:

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by boncer34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:42 am

DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
patoman wrote:Yep it's as close to a done deal as there can be. They have pick 26. We're prepared to accept pic 26. They seem prepared to offer pick 26. Can't see it not happening.
Let's push them to go a three-way. If Hartlett is up for grabs, get them to send 26 and a pick swap to Port, then we can add something to get it over the line be. Same goes for any other decent player. I think he's worth a 20-24 pick, can't really ask for much more.
Our first offer for Hartlett will be pick 37.
Is that how far he has fallen from grace?

last year 2 first rounders, to pick 37.

And once again we see hibberd leaving as a sign of a player who is disgruntled, with the headlines reading, "Hibberd want s a fresh start". More like he is using this as a way to leave early for more money if the club dont match. Seems like if Essendon matched Melb. offer he would stay. So its all about the money.
I'm not saying it'll be our final offer. But it does indicate our feelings towards Port.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by DC2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:31 pm

boncer34 wrote:
DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
patoman wrote:Yep it's as close to a done deal as there can be. They have pick 26. We're prepared to accept pic 26. They seem prepared to offer pick 26. Can't see it not happening.
Let's push them to go a three-way. If Hartlett is up for grabs, get them to send 26 and a pick swap to Port, then we can add something to get it over the line be. Same goes for any other decent player. I think he's worth a 20-24 pick, can't really ask for much more.
Our first offer for Hartlett will be pick 37.
Is that how far he has fallen from grace?

last year 2 first rounders, to pick 37.

And once again we see hibberd leaving as a sign of a player who is disgruntled, with the headlines reading, "Hibberd want s a fresh start". More like he is using this as a way to leave early for more money if the club dont match. Seems like if Essendon matched Melb. offer he would stay. So its all about the money.
I'm not saying it'll be our final offer. But it does indicate our feelings towards Port.
thats good to hear bonce. about time the club started dishing some crap back. esp. after the whole ryder shafting. Give and you shall receive. Port gave unders and now will receive unders.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by s'dreams » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 am

Geez ... with all the FA compo picks for old, suss and OK players being given in the mid 20's ... Melbourne's 2nd round compo this year looks less and less attractive... already has dropped 4 spots.
Next years 2nd round pick for Hibberd is looking better and better.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7680
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Hibberd

Post by Gimps » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:32 am

s'dreams wrote:Geez ... with all the FA compo picks for old, suss and OK players being given in the mid 20's ... Melbourne's 2nd round compo this year looks less and less attractive... already has dropped 4 spots.
Next years 2nd round pick for Hibberd is looking better and better.
Same thing could happen again with the compo and they could move up the ladder.

We should dig in here.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Hibberd

Post by j-mac31 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Gimps wrote:
s'dreams wrote:Geez ... with all the FA compo picks for old, suss and OK players being given in the mid 20's ... Melbourne's 2nd round compo this year looks less and less attractive... already has dropped 4 spots.
Next years 2nd round pick for Hibberd is looking better and better.
Same thing could happen again with the compo and they could move up the ladder.

We should dig in here.
Yeah, this year's will probably be better.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11095
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:38 am

Pig left the door open for a return to Dons. Would welcome him back with open arms.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6489
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Hibberd

Post by Crazyman » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:02 am

Gone - pick 29 & 68 for Hibberd & 59

IMO fair deal and we can now cover him having unearthed Tippa last year :)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 am

Crazyman wrote:Gone - pick 29 & 68 for Hibberd & 59

IMO fair deal and we can now cover him having unearthed Tippa last year :)
Yep, good stuff
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Sismis
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12831
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 am

Re: Hibberd

Post by Sismis » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:28 am

Shame to see him go, but a fair deal.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by desmondo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:17 pm

Will be interested to see who we take with 29, still some good players around there.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-13/c ... er-edition

Graham sounds good, or could we piss collingwood off by picking Brown? :twisted:

Hopefully get to use pick 20 on Galluci or Florent :D

User avatar
F111
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 14998
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Hibberd

Post by F111 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Neither Maibaum or Dylan Clarke get a mention in that phantom draft.
Maibaum a defender type, Clarke a mid. Both did well at the championships.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests