Pick 19 Gone!!!

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
Post Reply
User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by s'dreams » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Brisbane given a priority pick at 19

We now have #20
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by boncer34 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:33 pm

They certainly need one. Very glad it's not 1.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6291
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by BERT » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:35 am

boncer34 wrote:They certainly need one. Very glad it's not 1.
Rubbish, If they could stop there players from leaving they wouldn't be in this situation.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6489
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by Crazyman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:39 am

BERT wrote:
boncer34 wrote:They certainly need one. Very glad it's not 1.
Rubbish, If they could stop their players from leaving they wouldn't be in this situation.
Agreed, but they couldn't, I kinda leant to them getting one and hoped it would be end of first round which I think is fairer to all clubs if they were to get it...

Until they get thier shit off field together like we did with the new facilities, they will continue to struggle and personally, that is fine with me :lol:
Last edited by Crazyman on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:42 am

Like I said some time ago, it's about time they stopped looking at the draft to fix club woes. Start looking at their administration and how to improve that area so that players want to stay, and are getting the right developmental environment etc.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by boncer34 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:02 pm

BenDoolan wrote:Like I said some time ago, it's about time they stopped looking at the draft to fix club woes. Start looking at their administration and how to improve that area so that players want to stay, and are getting the right developmental environment etc.
Exactly right Benny and its exactly what they are now doing with Fagan and co.

On the "go home 5" though its simple to say "f*** em they shouldn't have let them leave." How do you stop a bunch of f****** nancy boys walking out? Fixing culture is a good start but if these wankers can't handle being away from home nobody can make em stay.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:22 pm

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Like I said some time ago, it's about time they stopped looking at the draft to fix club woes. Start looking at their administration and how to improve that area so that players want to stay, and are getting the right developmental environment etc.
Exactly right Benny and its exactly what they are now doing with Fagan and co.

On the "go home 5" though its simple to say "f*** em they shouldn't have let them leave." How do you stop a bunch of f****** nancy boys walking out? Fixing culture is a good start but if these wankers can't handle being away from home nobody can make em stay.
Picking up a priority pick kid will only result in that kid walking away after a couple of years too - unless they have an environment where the kid feels "at home".
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Pick 19 Gone!!!

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:27 pm

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Like I said some time ago, it's about time they stopped looking at the draft to fix club woes. Start looking at their administration and how to improve that area so that players want to stay, and are getting the right developmental environment etc.
Exactly right Benny and its exactly what they are now doing with Fagan and co.

On the "go home 5" though its simple to say "f*** em they shouldn't have let them leave." How do you stop a bunch of f****** nancy boys walking out? Fixing culture is a good start but if these wankers can't handle being away from home nobody can make em stay.
:lol: =D>
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests