Who do we want?

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Who do we want?

Post by Gimps »

boncer34 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:29 am Stringer, Gaff and Rockcliff would do nicely.
It's funny seeing how many people spell Tom Rockliff's name incorrectly.

Rocklif
Rockcliff
Rockcliffe
Rockclife
Rokcliff

I've seen them all.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'd like to see at least two of Andrew Gaff, Matt Kennedy, Tom Rockliff and Jake Stringer.

If we could somehow f*** off Leuy, I'd have a crack at Stefan Martin if the rumours are true about him wanting to come back to Melbourne.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:51 am Package up and send home Fumbles Colyer and Missing Myers for Andrew Gaff.

Just get it done ffs.
Apparently we offered Myers & Colyer in 2013 - for Demon's pick No.2. We could offer them again, now that they have more worth considering they've played more games since then :) Think the Suns would go for that? Or some exotic swaps arrangement to get Gaff? lol
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

NOT Stringer if he is going to be a Disruptive influence on the players.

If he was that good,the Dogs would have done everything in their power to sort him out and keep him.He was too much for them to handle and they let him go.

Some Club desperate enough will pick him up,but the early mail is,he's burnt his bridges to a crisp.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm If we could somehow f*** off Leuy, I'd have a crack at Stefan Martin if the rumours are true about him wanting to come back to Melbourne.
Or just get him anyway.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

boncer34 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 pm And because he's a 23 year old forward that kicks 2 goals a game?
He didn't kick two goals a game this year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

j-mac31 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:20 pm
boncer34 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 pm And because he's a 23 year old forward that kicks 2 goals a game?
He didn't kick two goals a game this year.
Yeah one off season.

Total spud.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

WE AS A CLUB ARE FKNG REMISS IF WE DON`T 'WANT' ROCKLIFF.

Now even if it is to piss off the scum it`s worth it. Don`t want to see him running around getting 30 touches a week for them. :evil: :evil:

The bloke (assuming he is over his shoulder problems) is a ready made replacement for Jobe.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

desmondo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:51 pm WE AS A CLUB ARE FKNG REMISS IF WE DON`T 'WANT' ROCKLIFF.

Now even if it is to piss off the scum it`s worth it. Don`t want to see him running around getting 30 touches a week for them. :evil: :evil:

The bloke (assuming he is over his shoulder problems) is a ready made replacement for Jobe.
not worth what carlton are offering. the fact brisbane are reluctant to match is telling enogh imo.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

DC2 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:49 pm
desmondo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:51 pm WE AS A CLUB ARE FKNG REMISS IF WE DON`T 'WANT' ROCKLIFF.

not worth what carlton are offering. the fact brisbane are reluctant to match is telling enogh imo.

Plus he's not in our "demographic". ie List clogging fumble kings
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Circa 2018

Don’t suppose we can look up most of the list of Subiaco Football Club?

If not us,can half the Competition rip the Guts out of the Lions,so the rest of us have a chance next year?

#-o :roll:
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Have to make a play for Dylan Shiel....
Other than that, another ruck would be nice, but the good ones ain’t going to leave their clubs atm imo.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Shiel needs to straighten up his kicking for starters.

Zac Clarke is a Dominant Ruckman over here.Yeah Fremantle cut him,but then is it them or him that needed cutting ?

Them!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Tell me Andrew Gaff will be on our list - albeit by round 2 or 3 in 2019
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Thought I heard North had priced us out of the race for Gaff’s signature?

Correct me if I’m wrong!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:29 am Thought I heard North had priced us out of the race for Gaff’s signature?

Correct me if I’m wrong!
Norf are pricing everyone out of the market...thier tins are overflowing... 😂
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Crazyman wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:01 pm Have to make a play for Dylan Shiel....
Other than that, another ruck would be nice, but the good ones ain’t going to leave their clubs atm imo.
At the moment, having a ruck from the age of 18 till when they are ready to dominate (age 24-26) looks to be a list liability. Only 7 established rucks are one team players (Gawn, Grundy, Goldstein, TBell, Cox, Roughead and Lycett)

Most of the clubs seem to pick up a ruck recycled from other clubs (eg Witts, Martin, Lobb, Lobbe etc) or a late round pick mature ager from the VFL (eg Abbott at Geelong pick 69).

IMO, if the aim is just for backup, grab a mid-late 20's VFL/SANFL/WAFL ruck as a very late pick or a rookie.

Nick Meese (Williamstown) averages over 60 hitouts a game with 25% of these to advantage (but is a measly 197 cm ... but still pantsied Pruess, Luey, Hickey, etc) but is 29.
Lachlan Waddell (Port) is 23, 200 cm and averaging just under 20 hitouts a game this year. He is being talked upas an AFL recruit this year.

etc etc
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 am
Crazyman wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:01 pm Have to make a play for Dylan Shiel....
At the moment, having a ruck from the age of 18 till when they are ready to dominate (age 24-26) looks to be a list liability. Only 7 established rucks are one team players (Gawn, Grundy, Goldstein, TBell, Cox, Roughead and Lycett)

Most of the clubs seem to pick up a ruck recycled from other clubs (eg Witts, Martin, Lobb, Lobbe etc) or a late round pick mature ager from the VFL (eg Abbott at Geelong pick 69).

IMO, if the aim is just for backup, grab a mid-late 20's VFL/SANFL/WAFL ruck as a very late pick or a rookie.

Nick Meese (Williamstown) averages over 60 hitouts a game with 25% of these to advantage (but is a measly 197 cm ... but still pantsied Pruess, Luey, Hickey, etc) but is 29.
Lachlan Waddell (Port) is 23, 200 cm and averaging just under 20 hitouts a game this year. He is being talked upas an AFL recruit this year.

etc etc
Unless we can land an established top shelf ruckman, I don’t want another on the list. Need to cull Leuenberger, and just persist with Bellchambers, McKernan, Daniher and Draper as ruck options.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Couldn’t agree more Ben.

As I said, the established rucks aren’t going anywhere and IMO they should start playing Draper as the No2 ruck - get some senior games into him and find out if he could make it...
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Can Norf afford Polec & Gaff?