Who do we want?

hop
Club Captain

Re: Who do we want?

Post by hop »

Pick 8 and Hartley (his mum is in Sydney and he's just had a kid) and a future second-rounder is the whisper I've heard - but the deal will only be done if Sheils wants to come to EFC. The sticking point is the big-bucks that the Aints have thrown at him.

In any case..... Collingwood and WCE were both inactive last year and looked to build with what they had - maybe a lesson for us.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

We've just got to unload every bit of Deadwood we've got and go for broke [-(
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Stuff the Aints and our mids will just have to wear it. I notice no one is head hunting them.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

We want Daniher, Gleeson and Ambrose to be a better trio of recruits than S,S&S were this year.

That'd be a good start. Unlikely o'course but we can dream can't we.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

F111 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:53 pm We want Daniher, Gleeson and Ambrose to be a better trio of recruits than S,S&S were this year.

I'm too scared to even dream about what's going to happen there - and Raz fit and reliable and the kids all firing. Chuck Sheil, or Gaff in that mix and we're headed for a flag.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Rover99 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:47 am
F111 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:53 pm We want Daniher, Gleeson and Ambrose to be a better trio of recruits than S,S&S were this year.

I'm too scared to even dream about what's going to happen there - and Raz fit and reliable and the kids all firing. Chuck Sheil, or Gaff in that mix and we're headed for a flag.
With a full list in-form and injury-free, I find it hard to see Gleeson or Ambrose in our best 22.
Joey definitely offers a boost to the team if fit and firing. So does Raz if fully fit for 22 rounds.
But, back to who do we want...
Don't reckon Shiel or Gaff are going to end up at EFC, so happy to take Setterfield with all his risks. Not offering more than pick 8 though, or a couple of 2nd round and later picks.
Other than that, I still think we need another decent small forward.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 am
Windy Hille wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:56 am
desmondo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:05 pm Will Settles on the Bombers....Concerning Will Setterfield.

Well that`s the headline I would like to see now that Sheil and Gaff are both off the table.

IF we can get him fit AND keep him fit he could be a great pick-up, apparently a huge Bombers fan as a kid =D> , if he can get back to the form that seen him picked 5th in the national draft originally then we could get a bargain. Surely a late second round pick should suffice? (considering the limited game time he has had, plus the injuries he has had.)
I think the reality is he will require a first round pick to get deal done. Unless there is a player we can trade with a 2nd round pick (but I can’t see it).
GWS doesn't want a player unless the club pays their salary (they have to get under the salary cap.

Reports are that Pick 8 may be about right but GWS will want more.

I still think this years and next years first round pick will land both Shiel and Setterfield.
Shiel is not an option. He doesn’t want to come.

Setterfield in the other hand (according to some reports), does.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Channel Eagle have apparently announced that Gaff is staying with the Eagles.

Can’t be the money then.Are the Eagles giving him extended leave when he needs it?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm Channel Eagle have apparently announced that Gaff is staying with the Eagles.

Can’t be the money then.Are the Eagles giving him extended leave when he needs it?
Facebook have been plastering Gaff as a North player! Absolutely adamant. Wonder what’s happened on the last 24 hours?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rumours have Shiel tossing up between us and the Scum

Apparently, rumours only, Setterfield also being pursued by the Scum. Putting my bias to one side, why would anyone throw away their best years on a team that’s at least 5 years away from being a serious Top 8 threat.

Mind you if Shiel gets the supposed 1.2M a year from Carlton, who could blame him for chucking away Premiership glory for the cash.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 pm
grassy1 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm Channel Eagle have apparently announced that Gaff is staying with the Eagles.

Facebook have been plastering Gaff as a North player! Absolutely adamant. Wonder what’s happened on the last 24 hours?
Of course,that coming from Channel Eagle,should be taken with a pinch of Salt.

Whatever decision Gaff makes,good luck to him.I don’t suppose we were a small chance,simply because Worsfold was once his Coach?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gaff would be crazy going to Snub Melbourne....they are a meaningless stocking filler of a club
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Confirmed that he is staying West.
Essendunny
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Bombers are definitely not out of the race for Shiel.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rover99 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:46 pm Bombers are definitely not out of the race for Shiel.
Shiel be right
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:05 pm Confirmed that he is staying West.
The Saga is over,Finally!

Good luck to Gaff,after all he’s been through(and put himself and Brayshaw through).
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

24 hours and we'll be celebrating and two shit clubs will be drowning their sorrows!!! Shiel be right!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rover99 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm 24 hours and we'll be celebrating and two shit clubs will be drowning their sorrows!!! Shiel be right!
Hopefully. And if we can add Jack Martin, happy days. Dodoro the genius again if he can pull it off...
Essendunny
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm
Rover99 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm 24 hours and we'll be celebrating and two shit clubs will be drowning their sorrows!!! Shiel be right!
Hopefully. And if we can add Jack Martin, happy days. Dodoro the genius again if he can pull it off...
Yeah, good to see the boys getting involved. Hope they paid for that hot dog at Elwood. The club in serious talks and the players have spoken in all sincerity. One good thing about going to Carlton though, he wouldn't have to learn the club song. :D :D
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Rover99 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:07 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm
Yeah, good to see the boys getting involved. Hope they paid for that hot dog at Elwood. The club in serious talks and the players have spoken in all sincerity. One good thing about going to Carlton though, he wouldn't have to learn the club song. :D :D
And yes, a small reliable fwd like Martin would be terrific icing on the cake and I'm sure he'd love to be our indigenous flag bearer after years with the disappointing Suns.