Who do we want?

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Who do we want?

Post by j-mac31 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Sounds like we’re going hard for Kelly. I know I am.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:55 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:28 pm
Sounds like we’re going hard for Kelly. I know I am.
Hahaha f****** lol :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
F111
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 14998
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by F111 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 am

As per afl.com....Stewart Crameri will be traded or delisted from the doggies.

Probably no value for EFC even at a bargain price.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am

Really liked Cramma. But his body is shot.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6489
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Who do we want?

Post by Crazyman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:33 pm

As above re Crammers.
Also, he is not our future and players like Walla, Fantasia, and even McKenna would be way ahead for game time...

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3475
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Who do we want?

Post by hop » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 pm

We desperately need inside mid-fielders.

McGrath will move into that role but we need a couple more good ones.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by desmondo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 pm

hop wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 pm
We desperately need inside mid-fielders.

McGrath will move into that role but we need a couple more good ones.
So we should go after Tom Rockliff, gets so much of the ball. An instant Jobe replacement. vingertje

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7680
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Who do we want?

Post by Gimps » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:26 am

These are pretty much all that left that are free agents or coming out of contract..

Jake Lever
Tom Rockliff (RFA)
Jacob Weitering
Jarrod Harbrow
Devon Smith
Josh Kelly
Jake Spencer (UFA)
Jackson Trengove (RFA)
Sam Gray
Jack Lonie
Dylan Roberton
Josh Kennedy (SYD - RFA)
Eric McKenzie (RFA)

User avatar
Western Red
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1236
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Re: Who do we want?

Post by Western Red » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:22 am

Gimps wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:26 am
These are pretty much all that left that are free agents or coming out of contract..

Jake Lever
Tom Rockliff (RFA)
Jacob Weitering
Jarrod Harbrow
Devon Smith
Josh Kelly
Jake Spencer (UFA)
Jackson Trengove (RFA)
Sam Gray
Jack Lonie
Dylan Roberton
Josh Kennedy (SYD - RFA)
Eric McKenzie (RFA)
If Kelly stays they will need cap space - I think Smith could be a handy on-baller/forward in the rotations with Tippa/Fanta etc..

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by boncer34 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Western Red wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:22 am
Gimps wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:26 am
These are pretty much all that left that are free agents or coming out of contract..

Jake Lever
Tom Rockliff (RFA)
Jacob Weitering
Jarrod Harbrow
Devon Smith
Josh Kelly
Jake Spencer (UFA)
Jackson Trengove (RFA)
Sam Gray
Jack Lonie
Dylan Roberton
Josh Kennedy (SYD - RFA)
Eric McKenzie (RFA)
If Kelly stays they will need cap space - I think Smith could be a handy on-baller/forward in the rotations with Tippa/Fanta etc..
Cats into him massively.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7680
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Who do we want?

Post by Gimps » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Dylan Roberton has signed with St Kilda.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by nudder12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:53 am

Whoever we want, we darn well better go boots and all to get them.
I've been hearing so much about how ready and cashed up we are to be aggressive this trade period, that if we don't get some real cream I'm gonna be as mad as all heck.
Time for action EFC, not just words.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:51 am

Package up and send home Fumbles Colyer and Missing Myers for Andrew Gaff.

Just get it done ffs.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11095
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am

Not 100% sold on Stringer but am willing to listen to any arguments supporting his case

However, Kelly plus Stringer would be a pretty clear statement of intent.

I doubt we will have many draft picks for the next 2 seasons if we pull that off but that's fine, plenty of young kids with potential already in the squad

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by desmondo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am
Not 100% sold on Stringer but am willing to listen to any arguments supporting his case

However, Kelly plus Stringer would be a pretty clear statement of intent.

I doubt we will have many draft picks for the next 2 seasons if we pull that off but that's fine, plenty of young kids with potential already in the squad
I was going to start another thread Re:Who DON`T we want :lol:

And Stringer was going to head the list.

I`d be interested to hear what others think of him but I reckon he is WAY TOO inconsistant.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by desmondo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:25 pm

But back to the people we do/should want.

I think we should seriously go after Schache... rumour has it he wants back to Melbourne, he would be a great foil for Joe, and Hooker can go back (where I believe he is happiest and plays his best footy).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... a9e33aba74

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by boncer34 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm

desmondo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am
Not 100% sold on Stringer but am willing to listen to any arguments supporting his case

However, Kelly plus Stringer would be a pretty clear statement of intent.

I doubt we will have many draft picks for the next 2 seasons if we pull that off but that's fine, plenty of young kids with potential already in the squad
I was going to start another thread Re:Who DON`T we want :lol:

And Stringer was going to head the list.

I`d be interested to hear what others think of him but I reckon he is WAY TOO inconsistant.
I'd start getting used to the idea of him being in a Dons jumper.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Who do we want?

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm
desmondo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am
Not 100% sold on Stringer but am willing to listen to any arguments supporting his case

However, Kelly plus Stringer would be a pretty clear statement of intent.

I doubt we will have many draft picks for the next 2 seasons if we pull that off but that's fine, plenty of young kids with potential already in the squad
I was going to start another thread Re:Who DON`T we want :lol:

And Stringer was going to head the list.

I`d be interested to hear what others think of him but I reckon he is WAY TOO inconsistant.
I'd start getting used to the idea of him being in a Dons jumper.
Can we turn him back into a midfielder? Or at least not useless?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by desmondo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm
desmondo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am
Not 100% sold on Stringer but am willing to listen to any arguments supporting his case

However, Kelly plus Stringer would be a pretty clear statement of intent.

I doubt we will have many draft picks for the next 2 seasons if we pull that off but that's fine, plenty of young kids with potential already in the squad
I was going to start another thread Re:Who DON`T we want :lol:

And Stringer was going to head the list.

I`d be interested to hear what others think of him but I reckon he is WAY TOO inconsistant.
I'd start getting used to the idea of him being in a Dons jumper.
Can we turn him back into a midfielder? Or at least not useless?
I`d say NO to both of them.

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Post by boncer34 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:46 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm
desmondo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am
Not 100% sold on Stringer but am willing to listen to any arguments supporting his case

However, Kelly plus Stringer would be a pretty clear statement of intent.

I doubt we will have many draft picks for the next 2 seasons if we pull that off but that's fine, plenty of young kids with potential already in the squad
I was going to start another thread Re:Who DON`T we want :lol:

And Stringer was going to head the list.

I`d be interested to hear what others think of him but I reckon he is WAY TOO inconsistant.
I'd start getting used to the idea of him being in a Dons jumper.
Can we turn him back into a midfielder? Or at least not useless?
Was terrible this year and still managed to generate 3 shots on goal a game. He wasn't entirely useless.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests