The DGAF Draft..

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
desmondo
High Draft Pick

The DGAF Draft..

Post by desmondo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:00 pm

The I don`t give a f*** draft (The AFL National Draft) being irrelevant to me/us really because our first pick is 48 then 67, then... DGAF

But didn`t we pluck one James Hird with pick 79??. Any other 'late' gems you can think of?. So I hope we can find one or even two diamonds in the rough, would be nice.

More than happy with the players we got over the trade period, at least we know they can play immediately. vingertje

s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: The DGAF Draft..

Post by s'dreams » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:33 pm

We are obliged to use 3 picks in the draft (as per AFL rules which encourage talent).

It matters not whether we pick delisted players, mature age rookies or upgrade rookies... we apparently must use 3 picks.

This also means that at least 2 more players get delisted... and yes we can delist and then relist players should we choose to do so (but why would you?). Green, JMerrett, Howlett and Morgan are currently uncontracted. As to how many of these actually get delisted depends on the number of rookies the club wants to take (we can delist all 4 and pick an additional 2 rookies or mixtures inbetween).

So in some ways, there is still some interest in the draft and rookie draft ... but you'd have to be pretty desperate for a footy fix to really care too much.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Well maybe I`m a little interested...is there ANY chance this bloke will be available at our first pick??. Not sure what sort of range he`ll go in BUT I would like to have him if possible.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-28/j ... er-reunion

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:30 pm

desmondo wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 pm
Well maybe I`m a little interested...is there ANY chance this bloke will be available at our first pick??. Not sure what sort of range he`ll go in BUT I would like to have him if possible.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-28/j ... er-reunion
According to some - Jr is one paced slow and his kicking is ordinary. But as an extractor - he is ranked as one of the two best in the TAC cup.

He would be a lot of work to turn into a genuine midfielder - but as one of the type who gets 25 effective handballs a game and 5 (likely inefficient) kicks he would do his job one he finds his feet.

Currently predicted to go high 3rd round or late 4th. So its possible we may get him to address a major need.

Other one that may be of interest is the delisted West Coast Lamb... who has an attitude that approaches Shane Harvey's and a work rate that approaches a unionist on a stop work. I would say avoid but...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)