Fletch jnr

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Fletch jnr

Post by patoman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Is Fletchers oldest son up for the draft this year? I seem to recall he is?? I believe he was going well before having some injuries? If he is available what pick will we need to use to get him?

s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: Fletch jnr

Post by s'dreams » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:37 am

patoman wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:37 pm
Is Fletchers oldest son up for the draft this year? I seem to recall he is?? I believe he was going well before having some injuries? If he is available what pick will we need to use to get him?
I've heard that he is considered a bit raw and underweight to go early in the draft. Also clubs will be wary of a player with spinal stress fractures.

So a late draft pick or even a rookie pick would likely do it (that's what I saw earlier in the year in some article).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:37 am
patoman wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:37 pm
I've heard that he is considered a bit raw and underweight to go early in the draft. Also clubs will be wary of a player with spinal stress fractures.

So a late draft pick or even a rookie pick would likely do it (that's what I saw earlier in the year in some article).
Cheers mate🍻 thanks for that

ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Missed most of the year with stress fractures in his back. If the club wants him, he will be a rookie pick I'd imagine, same goes for Matt Neagle.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 pm

ealesy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 pm
Missed most of the year with stress fractures in his back. If the club wants him, he will be a rookie pick I'd imagine, same goes for Matt Neagle.
What’s the estimate pick Fletch would warrant if in the draft? I thought I heard / saw someone say he’d easily be a 1st round pick. If we get him as a rookie, that’s nuts!

ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Well seeing he missed pretty much his entire U18 year with injury, hard to see him being anymore than a late round/rookie draft pick....no idea where this talk of him being a potential 1st round pick is coming from.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm

ealesy wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm
Well seeing he missed pretty much his entire U18 year with injury, hard to see him being anymore than a late round/rookie draft pick....no idea where this talk of him being a potential 1st round pick is coming from.
Fletch himself maybe? (proud dad and all) ... no one else. Even when playing, he is a bit raw and underweight for a 1st (these days expected to play in first year).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 pm

ealesy wrote:
I think there was some article raving about his ability. But that could have been some lame journo with no idea for all I know...

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 pm
ealesy wrote:
I think there was some article raving about his ability. But that could have been some lame journo with no idea for all I know...
Probably the latter...

ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:14 am

Cal Twomey, who now Emma Quayle has gone to club land, is the guy I listen most to about the draft and potential draftees, has Mason Fletcher going as a rookie, if I'm not mistaken.

patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:42 pm

I seem to recall that article as well... think that’s why I was excited he was up for draft this year.. I also seem to recall a skinny tall underdeveloped fella playing great in his first years a the club... oh wait that was Fletch snr!! :lol: hope he slips through to rookie and in years to come everyone says how did that happen??? Go Bombers!! Bring on 2019 already!! vingertje