DYLAN SHIEL

Will trade Vlad for an open packet of Burger Rings.
User avatar
juff
Top Up Player
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by juff » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 pm
juff wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm
Is this deal done yet?
Well, according to the guy I spoke to on the Essendon membership line the deal is done. Apparently Shiel was around the club earlier in the week having his promo photos taken :D
If that's the case.... WTF are they not announcing it and saying no deal has been done yet?? No advantage nor reason for that?
Who knows? As someone said above maybe it's part of the AFL's media management policy.

Anyway, we'll find out for certain soon ...

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15167
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by F111 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 pm

juff wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm
Is this deal done yet?
Well, according to the guy I spoke to on the Essendon membership line the deal is done. Apparently Shiel was around the club earlier in the week having his promo photos taken :D
If he's wrong, go back and demand an upgrade to your membership!

Colyer mentioned for Freo.

User avatar
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:59 pm

F111 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 pm
juff wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm
Is this deal done yet?
Well, according to the guy I spoke to on the Essendon membership line the deal is done. Apparently Shiel was around the club earlier in the week having his promo photos taken :D
If he's wrong, go back and demand an upgrade to your membership!

Colyer mentioned for Freo.
Whether he likes it or not??? God this business can be brutal...... I love trav!.....oooh!
Image

User avatar
Royza
Club Captain
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Royza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 pm

The deal is done!

User avatar
Royza
Club Captain
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Royza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm

This and next year’s first-round picks as part of the trade.
The Giants will send a future second-round pick back to Essendon to balance out the trade.

User avatar
Royza
Club Captain
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Royza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Bonus: Essendon trade Travis Colyer to Fremantle for its Future Rd 4 Selection.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3584
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by s'dreams » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Royza wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm
Bonus: Essendon trade Travis Colyer to Fremantle for its Future Rd 4 Selection.
Geez ... rumor was that Dorido was seeking a first round pick (as if) ...

Trying not to giggle at Freo supporters on twitter who think this is a steal.
Last edited by s'dreams on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24746
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Royza wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm
Bonus: Essendon trade Travis Colyer to Fremantle for its Future Rd 4 Selection.
Fantastic stuff! =D>
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Rover99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 pm
juff wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm
Is this deal done yet?
Well, according to the guy I spoke to on the Essendon membership line the deal is done. Apparently Shiel was around the club earlier in the week having his promo photos taken :D
If that's the case.... WTF are they not announcing it and saying no deal has been done yet?? No advantage nor reason for that?
TV Ratings

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24746
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Royza wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm
This and next year’s first-round picks as part of the trade.
The Giants will send a future second-round pick back to Essendon to balance out the trade.
So if GWS plummet to the bottom of the ladder next year, and we win the flag, we have essentially traded pick 18 for pick 19
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3236
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by MH_Bomber » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank God for that. Now lets make 2019 a flag year!!!
Regards

MH_Bomber

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Rover99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm
Thank God for that. Now lets make 2019 a flag year!!!
vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje

User avatar
Royza
Club Captain
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Royza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:28 pm
Royza wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm
This and next year’s first-round picks as part of the trade.
The Giants will send a future second-round pick back to Essendon to balance out the trade.
So if GWS plummet to the bottom of the ladder next year, and we win the flag, we have essentially traded pick 18 for pick 19
:D

Getting excited about Dylan & co. carving it up for yrs to come. 6yr contract FMD.
Looking like a decent midfield, can't wait!

User avatar
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Hmm.... Deal done....yay......... Trav.... Feel for you...and I thank you.... And will always support you. Good luck buddy! Xxxii... And sorry.... Just horrid..... So torn.
Image

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3693
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by hop » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:51 pm

The deal was done on day one - yet we allowed the AFL to bully us into the scripted drama of last minute "will he? won't he?"

I admire Hawthorn for being clinical - we are still being played - yet for what reason?

.......Something changing hands for Collingwood and the return of the 'tattooed feral' and Essendon with Sheils as the last minute drama.

All these breathless non-entity trade-table reporters salivating at the next opportunity to become the Damian Barrett (evidently he has a new gig :roll:)
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Well, that’s awesome 8)

Shiel will be an instant hit.

Didn’t see the Colyer trade coming.

So we lose #9 this year, and first rounder next year. We gain future 2nd round.

So this year we have #27, 45, 63, 81

Pick well!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6801
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Crazyman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:04 am

Glad we got Shiel.

Still think we were forced to pay overs for him, but after they already cleared a few player, cap space was less of an issue giving GWS the upper hand...

Colyer to Freeo will be a dagger for some 😛
But seriously, good luck to him. I think we win that trade 😉

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15167
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by F111 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:27 pm
So this year we have #27, 45, 63, 81

Pick well!
Pick a winner.

Image

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3584
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by s'dreams » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Ummm we have picks 34, 66 and 84 only. Our 2nd and 3rd round picks were traded last year and we got pick 34 from GWS last year.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7391
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 am

s'dreams wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Royza wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm
Bonus: Essendon trade Travis Colyer to Fremantle for its Future Rd 4 Selection.
Geez ... rumor was that Dorido was seeking a first round pick (as if) ...

Trying not to giggle at Freo supporters on twitter who think this is a steal.
No offence to Travis.

So just because the Dorkers are Fremantle and Vice Versa,laugh your arse off my friend.

Heard a rumour last night,that Neale left Freo,because he did not get on with Harley Bennell,or more likely Fremantle’s handling of him.

That may be part of the reason he left,but I reckon Lyon is the primary reason.

Post Reply