Laverde wants to go

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Laverde wants to go

Post by Windy_Hill »

Apparently not a single club has expressed interest in Laverde. Will end up being steak knives or stays. Should be a good wake up call for a guy who 2 years ago was being offered 400K by St Kilda. Not worth a pittance today
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Pity there wasn’t a Brian Clough type at Essendon to shake him and a few others into reality!

Can hear old Bigmouth really chewing such guys’ ears out,asking them if they’re ready for the hard stuff?!
Last edited by grassy1 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Re-signed for one year.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

I actually believe Laverde CAN play, if he can some-how get his body right and stay fit and UNinjured.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

He wants to leave but we cannot get rid of him.

He needs to fix the space between his ears first. He isn't as gifted as he likes to think he is and he needs to buckle down and work his butt off.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:04 pm He wants to leave but we cannot get rid of him.

He needs to fix the space between his ears first. He isn't as gifted as he likes to think he is and he needs to buckle down and work his butt off.
6 seasons, 46 games, aged 24. At this rate, he'll play his 100th game in his 13th season, aged 30.

The constant 2 games, miss the next 10 through injury, come back to play a couple more gives me the shits. All we ever see is an occasional good grab mixed in the a rare goal or two and that is it.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 pm Apparently not a single club has expressed interest in Laverde. Will end up being steak knives or stays. Should be a good wake up call for a guy who 2 years ago was being offered 400K by St Kilda. Not worth a pittance today
Weren't those clubs silly and weren't we lucky!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:06 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 pm Apparently not a single club has expressed interest in Laverde. Will end up being steak knives or stays. Should be a good wake up call for a guy who 2 years ago was being offered 400K by St Kilda. Not worth a pittance today
Weren't those clubs silly and weren't we lucky!
Amazing transformation.

Rutten genius.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Continues his great form even with consecutive games where his shoulder gets a knock and special mention.

He looks to have played tough thru some solid bumps all season. Impressive so far for someone so previously fragile.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:15 pm Continues his great form even with consecutive games where his shoulder gets a knock and special mention.

He looks to have played tough thru some solid bumps all season. Impressive so far for someone so previously fragile.
One of the stories of 2021 without question. Kudos to all involved - mainly Laverde himself who has taken on this new role with right attitude and determination =D>
Essendunny
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

He’d be up there with one of the most improved players this year. Perhaps Parish might get the award, but I think Laverde has had a more meteoric rise.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy Hille wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:26 am He’d be up there with one of the most improved players this year. Perhaps Parish might get the award, but I think Laverde has had a more meteoric rise.
Along with Stewart.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:46 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:26 am He’d be up there with one of the most improved players this year. Perhaps Parish might get the award, but I think Laverde has had a more meteoric rise.
Along with Stewart.
I'm struggling with Stewart at FB. He's done OK, but also found wanting at times. And it was a mystery to me why they put him there when his last few games last year at FF, after return from injury, he looked really good. But like everything else this year I'm not saying too much because it's a big transitional season. Next year will tell us a lot more.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:46 pm
Along with Stewart.
Poppy Stewart has been good. He has had some challenging moments, but considering it’s his first season at a new gig, he’s done exceptionally well. He’ll deffo be better for the experience, and I’m tipping he’ll be a much better player next year.