Re: Walla?

Post by robrulz5 »

Looks like Freo are keen.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Nothing new, but todays report. [-o< [-o< [-o<
McDonald-Tipungwuti weighing up AFL return.

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has spoken with new Essendon coach Brad Scott as he weighs up a return to the AFL.

The exciting small forward, who retired earlier this year after 126 games for the Bombers, also has interest from Fremantle, as he considers playing once again. McDonald-Tipungwuti's manager Scott Lucas, of Phoenix Sports Management, told AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday morning he had also fielded calls from other clubs.

"Freo was of interest to him because ... he has some family in Perth, so there's an obvious link," Lucas said.
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti at Essendon training in February 2022. He's sat down with Brad Scott and had a really good discussion. Where it sits now is he needs to just make a decision around his real desire to play next year."

McDonald-Tipungwuti is still just 29 years of age and having kicked 153 goals, to go alongside his frantic forward pressure, is a tantilising proposition.

Lucas confirmed Fremantle could look to acquire him through the pre-season supplemental selection period, while Essendon would likely be able to simply reinstate him on its list, although that is being clarified with the AFL.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

F111 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:27 am Nothing new, but todays report. [-o< [-o< [-o<
McDonald-Tipungwuti weighing up AFL return.

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has spoken with new Essendon coach Brad Scott as he weighs up a return to the AFL.

The exciting small forward, who retired earlier this year after 126 games for the Bombers, also has interest from Fremantle, as he considers playing once again. McDonald-Tipungwuti's manager Scott Lucas, of Phoenix Sports Management, told AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday morning he had also fielded calls from other clubs.

"Freo was of interest to him because ... he has some family in Perth, so there's an obvious link," Lucas said.
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti at Essendon training in February 2022. He's sat down with Brad Scott and had a really good discussion. Where it sits now is he needs to just make a decision around his real desire to play next year."

McDonald-Tipungwuti is still just 29 years of age and having kicked 153 goals, to go alongside his frantic forward pressure, is a tantilising proposition.

Lucas confirmed Fremantle could look to acquire him through the pre-season supplemental selection period, while Essendon would likely be able to simply reinstate him on its list, although that is being clarified with the AFL.
Devon Smith is 29 years old. Nobody would recruit him.

I hate lazy journos who cut and paste media releases from agents ... who are pumping up their client bigtime. Tantalizing? OTT!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

And the good news is Walla is picking US to play for. =D> vingertje
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:51 pm And the good news is Walla is picking US to play for. =D> vingertje
f***'n fantastic!

=D> 8)
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

thats one whole hopefully filled. when tippa was out of sorts and then finally retired we had no goal kicking small forwards.

we still could use another.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

DC2 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:32 pm thats one whole hopefully filled. when tippa was out of sorts and then finally retired we had no goal kicking small forwards.

There’s quite a few on the list. Guelfi, Snelling, Wanganeen, Menzie, and now AMT again =D>
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Windy Hille wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:04 pm
DC2 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:32 pm thats one whole hopefully filled. when tippa was out of sorts and then finally retired we had no goal kicking small forwards.

There’s quite a few on the list. Guelfi, Snelling, Wanganeen, Menzie, and now AMT again =D>
i said goaling kicking small forwards. snelling doesnt kick goals. your right about guelfi though, i forgot about him. he looked very good last year i like him.

As far as young wanga and menzie the juries still out.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Best news this year!!!
Tippa doesn’t just kick goals. He is a fearsome asset in locking the ball in our forward line as well as being able to give off a handful of goals himself. As I said in an earlier post, he is the best goalsneak we have had since Boris
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I think Tippa would make a brilliant coach for the indigenous players. He would be able to tap into and teach them what they seem to be able to do so naturally. More so than other players.

However, Tippa has family in Freemantle, and I gather Perth is closer and easy to get to the Tiwi Islands and family to go home and visit. Whatever you do Tippa, you will always be my favourite no matter what colours you wear. Wishing you the very best of everything and hope you can get back to doing what you do best, you are inspirational. You are a once without a doubt, a once in a generation player.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

mdso wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:34 am I think Tippa would make a brilliant coach for the indigenous players. He would be able to tap into and teach them what they seem to be able to do so naturally. More so than other players.

However, Tippa has family in Freemantle, and I gather Perth is closer and it's easier to go home to the Tiwi Islands and family from there. Whatever you do Tippa, you will always be my favourite no matter what colours you wear. Wishing you the very best of everything and hope you can get back to doing what you do best, you are inspirational. You are without a doubt, a once in a generation player.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

mdso wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:34 am I think Tippa would make a brilliant coach for the indigenous players. He would be able to tap into and teach them what they seem to be able to do so naturally. More so than other players.

However, Tippa has family in Freemantle, and I gather Perth is closer and easy to get to the Tiwi Islands and family to go home and visit. Whatever you do Tippa, you will always be my favourite no matter what colours you wear. Wishing you the very best of everything and hope you can get back to doing what you do best, you are inspirational. You are a once without a doubt, a once in a generation player.
You're half right I think. He'd be good for Indigenous players in one sense.
But since he was unable to maintain his enthusiasm for an AFL club environment, maybe he's not :?:
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:00 am

But since he was unable to maintain his enthusiasm for an AFL club environment, maybe he's not :?:
Let's be honest about it, our environment in the past twenty years is enough to make anyone drop-off.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I also think that was partly due to EFC. EFC have become very slack in the past couple of years about indigenous players and what they need to be comfy. We just haven't bothered and expected things to fall into place and guess what? They didn't fall into place.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

mdso wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:18 am

I also think that was partly due to EFC. EFC have become very slack in the past couple of years about indigenous players and what they need to be comfy. We just haven't bothered and expected things to fall into place and guess what? They didn't fall into place. We need to do a hell of a lot better and having Brad Scott, one of their own may help.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Back in deck and willing to give it a crack.

Absolutely brillo!

Jet.

Go get ‘em Tippa…

HE’S COMIN’ TO GET YA :lol: :lol: :lol: