Matthew Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Matthew Lloyd

Post by Sismis »

Played in a completely different position BTW.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

shoulda dropped him................................................... ...................... ?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Why not play him at CHF in a Jonathon Brown type role. He has all the attributes required, and with Scotty at FF would make a solid spine with Fletch and Paddy making up the balance.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

rockhole wrote:Why not play him at CHF in a Jonathon Brown type role. He has all the attributes required, and with Scotty at FF would make a solid spine with Fletch and Paddy making up the balance.
Before we get carried away, he's been moving out to the CHF position for most of the year and been getting slammed for it because he hasn't been doing it well at all. He played as more of a flanker on Friday night, but it had a very different approach, managing to move the ball on quickly, hitting bodies hard, etc. I'd like to see him do it in more than just one game first, before we start talking him up as an answer to structural issues we have across half forward. I still see him as a FF, one game won't change that for me, but he did show he is capable of playing further up the ground. It's a matter of consistency now.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:Why not play him at CHF in a Jonathon Brown type role. He has all the attributes required, and with Scotty at FF would make a solid spine with Fletch and Paddy making up the balance.
Because when he gets the ball outside 50 he still isn't sure what to do with it.
He was very good this week, but still takes too long to move the ball on sometimes.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

Four goals and another great captains game from Lloydy.

Interesting that at 3 quarter time Carlton had gone to Fev around 20 times (ended up being something like 22 out of 50 inside 50s) and we'd gone to Matty 5 times.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

He's really standing up out at CHF now...another great Captain's effort from him today...kicked the big goals when he had the chance, lovely hit on Judd, layed a number of heavy tackles. =D> =D> =D>
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Tell me that Lloyd getting up before Judd after their head clash wasn't close to the highlight of the year. The Essendon contingent went bananas.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Tell me that Lloyd getting up before Judd after their head clash wasn't close to the highlight of the year. The Essendon contingent went bananas.
Strong presence bearing down on Judd who got to the ball first, clash of heads... both go down... Lloyd gets up and runs off, Judd still on the deck. Lloyd was certainly making his presence felt in more ways than one. Another great game from the Skipper.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Massive effort from Lloyd again. Showing a lot of hardness, commitment and leadership. Great today.
Essendunny
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Tell me that Lloyd getting up before Judd after their head clash wasn't close to the highlight of the year. The Essendon contingent went bananas.
You could clearly hear that on the telecast. A huge roar when he got up first.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Great game - first and fourth quarters he was inspirational. Big captain's goal and looks a ten times better player with Lucas back in the side. Looks like he's taken criticism to heart and he's keeping his feet and making the second efforts. If he keeps this up I'm going to have to eat my words.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

No way he can captain from the square.....
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:No way he can captain from the square.....
That's right. He can't.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

robbie67 wrote:
That's right. He can't.
Only managed to set us up at the start, Slot one against the flow to start our roll, and continually take 3 defenders allowing us to crumb goals.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
That's right. He can't.
Only managed to set us up at the start, Slot one against the flow to start our roll, and continually take 3 defenders allowing us to crumb goals.
You dont get it do you?

He can not stand in the square and Captain this football club. That's what he tried the first half of the season, and he was ******* terrible. How much time as he spent "in the square" the last 2 weeks? I honestly wonder wtf you are watching sometimes.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

The Fly wrote:
You could clearly hear that on the telecast. A huge roar when he got up first.
That's probably the moment Chris Judd will remember when he first thought "why did I pick this bunch of criminals to play with - look how everyone now hates me!"

As well as "oooh, Lloydy's a big unit!"

Cop that for selling your soul for some cold, hard cash! EAT A D!CK, JUDD!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sismis wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
That's right. He can't.
And that first goal was only kicked from outside fifty....but that's close to the square....isn't it :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote: And that first goal was only kicked from outside fifty....but that's close to the square....isn't it :shock:
Centre square :wink:
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He layed some heavy tackles along with the important goals he kicked. He also took some very athletic marks which we hadn't seen for a while.