Teddy in the GF

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Teddy in the GF

Post by doogle »

I hope Courtney will be worth it, and yes, I know he wanted to go.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I was disappointed at the time Ted left, but hold no grudges.

I reckon the situation will turn out a win-win; he's getting regular game time in a grand finalist team (but isn't playing so well as to make us shake our heads), and we've got a kid who could really be something.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Happy for Ted Richards, but I bloody hate the Swans.

Go West Coast!
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Good luck to ya Teddy. Hope you win a premiership medal. Courtney will be worth it though. I reckon this deal could work for both parties.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Good luck to him. Hope the Swanies can win it!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I want the swans to win but its got nothing to do with richards at all, infact any reason I want the swans to lose is because of richards. I really dislike him, its a farmer style of dislike.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

i dont think teddy really fits in with the swannies style of game, looked much better when he was playing with us, but oh well, good luck to him might be playing in his first grand final! the comparisons of were he could of been if he had stayed.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

could well be dropped after his game tonight...
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

I saw him give off two very sharp handballs that resulted in Swannie goals. Good luck to him. It's not his fault he gets to play in a GF. and his ex bomber mates with more talent don't, it'd because he plays in a very disciplined TEAM, anyone at windy hill listening ????
dingus wrote:could well be dropped after his game tonight...
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

He will be remembered as one of those lucky players who was the best avaliable to fill a clubs need.

He is nothing special and has just managed to fit into a club who has the skill to cover his shortfalls.

If he gets a premership medal out of it, good luck to him. But the fact that he gets one does not make him the 'one that got away'.
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

Good average player at best. He got 9 possessions, and still shits on Roberts-Thompson from a great hieght.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Kind of reminds me of what happened with Glenn Manton many years ago. Bit of a left-field personality, struggled to get a game with us, heads off to another club and plays in a GF in his first year there. Manton got the flag, we'll wait and see with Teddy.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I can't understand why people are so down on him. He left Essendon to get more opportunity and has made the most of it.

Good luck to him and I hope he gets a premiership medal next week.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Crap player in a good team, thats all he is.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Good on him. Better off there than still at Essendon. Handy player but clearly isnt the reason the swans are doing so well. Somewhat lucky
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:Crap player in a good team, thats all he is.
Pretty much sums him up.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Good for him. I wouldn't say he was a crap player by any means. He is a good kick adn is great over head. It is hard to sit back here and give him sht for not performing wiht guys like Hall, Kirk adn barry in the team.
Good for him and I hoep he gets his premership.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Everyones bagging Richards but in reality - he is getting a game every week in a premiership side. Think about it.
He's got a job to do - he does it well and doesn't deserve to be criticised in my opinion.
We didn't give him enough opportunities and now we've lost a player that could've been a solid tall back. And funny enough - thats the type of player we need right now..
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

bueller wrote:Everyones bagging Richards but in reality - he is getting a game every week in a premiership side. Think about it.
He's got a job to do - he does it well and doesn't deserve to be criticised in my opinion.
We didn't give him enough opportunities and now we've lost a player that could've been a solid tall back. And funny enough - thats the type of player we need right now..
Well said. THe peopel baggin him now, were probably the same people upset thatw e let him go. He was a guy who could have been our second key defender, but we didn't give him that chance.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Rubbish Richards holds CHB aswell as Solomon does, he looks better than he is because of the team he is in. He is an average player in a good team. As for him being what we need right now is an absoloute joke, the last thing we need is more average tall players who aren't good enough to make it at either end of the ground and spend their time feeding off their team mates hard work. Good luck to the Swans from me, but not to Ted Richards.