Didnt think we were that good today....but......

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Didnt think we were that good today....but......

Post by robbie67 »

......for the first time in a long time, a whole group of players have put a really good month together. Lloyd, Watson, Reimers, Hille, Welsh, McPhee, Monfries, Stanton, Lovett are all playing very good football, week in, and week out. McVeigh was back to his best today as well.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Re: Didnt think we were that good today....but......

Post by 2QIK4U »

I agree. It wasn't pretty, but as a team we are showing more grit and determination. The thing that I liked the most was the effective use of linked handball coming out of defence - we did a few times and it looked f****** awesome.

I read through some of Knight's comments and he dosent want to get to ahead of ourselves - there is much work to do. He is right, but I honestly feel we are going in the right direction. A couple of more ins in the likes of Houli, Dempsey, Hocking and Hislop and the team will start to look even better.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

My take on this is that it gives the team some self-confidence and reward for their persistence.

It also provides a young side with early experience for getting over the line when under enormous pressure like the last two games. You can't buy that experience. Unless you snipe out-of-contract premiership captains...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Thought we were ordinary today but for a few good patches against a pretty shit team. But a win is a win and in our last 5 and a half games, we have been very competitive and accountable. Thats really all you can ask for in a young team.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

we were all right.
anyone catch what the problem with neagle was?

be back from brisbane?