Fletcher....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

Fletcher....

Post by tom9779 »

Would you consider in his twighlight year(s) playing fletch somewhere else other than full back?

I reckon he is starting to show his age, and has found it very difficult against the gun forwards.

When on Pavlich he was being beaten, got done by fevola, and I reckon part of it is these guys are just a yard or two quicker.

I reckon with fletchs booming kick, and strong hands, he could be invaluable in the forward line, or even on the wing. Or at least spend some of the time during a game playing there. Particularly in the next 12 months if we have some more of our young KPP prospects fit and ready to play.....

I would like this option rather than dropping a new fullback in cold turkey when he retires.

What do you think?
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Re: Fletcher....

Post by onzman »

Did I just hear he broke his hand - out for next 6 odd weeks.............?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

If Fletch wasn't playing last week Fevola would have kicked 15+
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Broken wrist, out for two, but Knights has said he won't rush him back.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

He did not get "done" by Fevola. He played a damn good game on Fevola, and as Rob said, if Fletcher wasn't playing on him Fevola would have broken Fanning's record.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

onzman wrote:Did I just hear he broke his hand - out for next 6 odd weeks.............?
I heard out for a couple. But it was more to do with the next 6-18 months.

ie relying on a 30 yearold champion to hold up our last line of defense, whilst reasonably solid(yes fev is unstoppable at the moment) is not exactly a plan for the future is it?

I would like to see him get the chance to play up the ground...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tom9779 wrote:Would you consider in his twighlight year(s) playing fletch somewhere else other than full back?

I reckon he is starting to show his age, and has found it very difficult against the gun forwards.

When on Pavlich he was being beaten, got done by fevola, and I reckon part of it is these guys are just a yard or two quicker.

I reckon with fletchs booming kick, and strong hands, he could be invaluable in the forward line, or even on the wing. Or at least spend some of the time during a game playing there. Particularly in the next 12 months if we have some more of our young KPP prospects fit and ready to play.....

I would like this option rather than dropping a new fullback in cold turkey when he retires.

What do you think?
Fletcher was not being beaten by Pavlich yesterday....Pavlich had kicked 3 goals before Fletch went off. Two of those goals came from roving marking contests where Fletch had to contest against Sandilands.

Until a better prospect comes along, he is still our best defender and the general of our defence.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Does anyone know which bone in his hand he broke?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robrulz5 wrote:Does anyone know which bone in his hand he broke?
X ray this arvo' as per the efc site.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Thanks.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

No break, which is really good news. I know first hand, no pun intended, how painful and long it can take for a hand injury to recover. I still can't pick anything up in my right hand.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Boyler_Room wrote:No break, which is really good news. I know first hand, no pun intended, how painful and long it can take for a hand injury to recover. I still can't pick anything up in my right hand.
Is it that bad having to change hands Boyler...can't get the right rythym :P???
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Showing his age? He's sill one of the most agile, flexible, quick off the mark, alert players at the club. :? :-s
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Is our luck finally changing. 4 point win, no break for Fletch. is this really Essendon???
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark